Al Bores Movie Bombs at Box Office

MtnBiker said:
Our frustration will continue. Our government reps have a very hard time working on anything together. The immigration debate is a perfect example, it seems less about immigration and more about political positioning. Environmental issues are approach the same way. Until a very large voting base pressures the legislature to take action. Fear is a great motivator for a movement.

My question has to be: Why should our government work on a smokescreen? Again, there is no evidence global warming is anything more than cyclical climate change.

I wish they'd just get their act together to save our border. They can save the world from itself later.

jillian said:
You make a fair point. I can't speak to what extremists want. I think there are extremists on both sides who are equally damaging and irrational.

True enough. I would put this statement in the extremist category.
Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced.

Rep points for the first member to credit that quote.

CockySOB said:
So I take it your endorsement of Gore's flick is that it is entertaining? I mean, if you're ill-equipped to discuss the topic of global climate change after watching the Gore flick, I would assume that all it really was was entertaining to you and not very educational. Right?
OMG. I haven't seen the film. It's not out in my area. I'm just saying that the film isn't a money loser. WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

GunnyL said:
ust the minor problem that you seem to have absolutely NO concern with whether or not the movie spreads lies and mistruths, and by your own admission, you aren't up to snuff on the topic.

I can only conclude that "lies and mistruths" are not your concern. Defending the spreading of the liberal message is.

What was that Cocky called you ......?
How can I hold a position on the content of a film I have not seen? I'm not going to endorse it or discredit it until I've seen it. I'm just saying it is making money.
I'll concern myself with the film's faults once I've seen it. Unlike you, I don't write something off until I know what it is.

jillian said:
And a quick google finger. :teeth:
Actually I remembered seeing that quote earlier this evening when I was doing a bit of minor research on Gore's production. Not much of a challenge recalling something that fresh in my memory....

Mr.Conley said:
OMG. I haven't seen the film. It's not out in my area. I'm just saying that the film isn't a money loser. WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

How can I hold a position on the content of a film I have not seen? I'm not going to endorse it or discredit it until I've seen it. I'm just saying it is making money.
I'll concern myself with the film's faults once I've seen it. Unlike you, I don't write something off until I know what it is.

Agreed--it'll make money even if it comes down to Jillian and Al buying every ticket. Jillian --if you get a deal where you dont have to make a payment for 10 years , you won't be out a dime.:teeth:

CockySOB said:
Actually I remembered seeing that quote earlier this evening when I was doing a bit of minor research on Gore's production. Not much of a challenge recalling something that fresh in my memory....

Heh! I just took an educated guess cause I figured that he wouldn't have mentioned it if it didn't come from the flick.

NEWS FLASH!!!

Al Gore to contest the results of his film's debut! Recount demanded!

Hanging Chad could not be reached for comment, apparently his wife was pregnant.....

Mr.Conley said:

Seems to me it's pretty obvious what it is unless you're reading this thread with your eyes closed. A topic from a sensationalist, alarmist point of view based on nothing but conjecture.

Think I'll pass with helping out the Gore hypochondria fund.

CockySOB said:
NEWS FLASH!!!

Al Gore to contest the results of his film's debut! Recount demanded!

Hanging Chad could not be reached for comment, apparently his wife was pregnant.....

:rotflmao:

All chads count as "I paid to see it" to keep those numbers buffed up!!!

GunnyL said:
Seems to me it's pretty obvious what it is unless you're reading this thread with your eyes closed. A topic from a sensationalist, alarmist point of view based on nothing but conjecture.

Think I'll pass with helping out the Gore hypochondria fund.

I wonder how long it will take Al "I invented the internet" Gore to move this production to free download status like Michael Moore did his little work of fiction?

Let's review

Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced.

Is this a fear statement?

Forum List

Back