Air America threatens violence

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Comrade, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Lacking any semblance of professional respect, the official explanation from Air America Radio over the loss of it’s 2nd and 3rd major markets sounds more like a vendetta against a named individual, and makes several not-so veiled threats and goes so far as to actually exhort violence in the form of a “warning” to this man.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm

So they wrote the check out and sent it, already well aware of the contract terms. Yet within a day suddenly they are “ripped off”? Hard to believe, knowing they were broadcasting up to the point of the stop payment. Weak case.

More than Bush?

But garbage is what you are, and the dump is where you belong!

BWAAAHAHAHA! I grew up in Portland! Dear god do they actually feel proud of this?

Where?

Well actually as far as broadcasting goes, your hanging by a thread.

Won’t hold my breath… tick… tick… tick…

To what end?

So we can harass him for you and you can be held blameless?

You pathetic pack of libbie weasels, are you saying he will be beaten? Is this a ‘friendly warning’?

Or Riverside. Or Plattsburgh.

Ahh, I get it, we listners should beat him for you!

If this kind of juvenile bullying is supposed to be light humor, it’s not funny.

And neither are they trying to be serious, so who buys this garbage, anyway?

They won’t last the Winter.

2. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    FYI, regarding their promise to be back on the air, that's only if they can get the courts to force an injunction upon the station owner.

Apparently they want to force this into arbitration while making the owner Lui broadcast for them for free until some future price and future payment could be arranged.

It's similar to me buying a car, signing the contract, writing a check (to a really trusting dealer), driving home, then stopping payment.

Then going to the courts to keep my car, for free, until a new price could be legislated (from a friend in the court).

Such a deal!

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Wow,liberal radio station on and off the air, they want someone else to pay for their time.

4. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Sounds like a business dispute to me...and by the way the tenor of the report is a parody of the Drudge Report...and pretty damn funny IMHO.

acludem

5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    *BUMP*

According to the story today, it looks like the whiners at Air America got their injunction.

And more interestingly, they have pulled the link I gave to their explanation on their home page. Too embarassing, even for liberal media?

Hehe, like I said, harrassment is the tactic they chose. It won't look good in court for them after this fact.

Hey, that's what I said!

Fuking Liberal Pussies, can't even stand by their own statements.