Air America threatens violence

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Lacking any semblance of professional respect, the official explanation from Air America Radio over the loss of it’s 2nd and 3rd major markets sounds more like a vendetta against a named individual, and makes several not-so veiled threats and goes so far as to actually exhort violence in the form of a “warning” to this man.

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm

Here’s what really happened:

This Liu-ser was ripping off our boss Evan Cohen big time (he can’t do that, that’s our job). Evan found out about it and he stopped payment on a check to keep Liu-cifer from ripping him off even more. You can touch Evan for the occasional meal or drinks but a million bucks is crossing the line. And if we ever get low on cash, we can always call Barbra Streisand. Or any of the
Baldwins. Except Stephen.

So they wrote the check out and sent it, already well aware of the contract terms. Yet within a day suddenly they are “ripped off”? Hard to believe, knowing they were broadcasting up to the point of the stop payment. Weak case.

So we got screwed, Liu’d, and tattooed. How Liu can you get? In Liu of payment. Liu’d and lascivious behavior. These write themselves. What we’re getting at is that we hate him.

More than Bush?

So now everyone’s saying we’re going down the dumper in Chicago and Los Angeles,

But garbage is what you are, and the dump is where you belong!

but what they don’t tell you is that we’re still on in Portland. And we OWN Portland.

BWAAAHAHAHA! I grew up in Portland! Dear god do they actually feel proud of this?

And let’s not forget Riverside and Plattsburgh.

Where?

And New York. And streaming on the internet. And XM. And Sirius. Actually we’re fine.

Well actually as far as broadcasting goes, your hanging by a thread.

So cool your jets. Air America Radio isn’t dead, we’re in court and we’re going to slam Liu’s head in a car door. Another metaphor. We hope to be back on the air tomorrow or the next day in those markets.

Won’t hold my breath… tick… tick… tick…

In the meantime, why don’t you give Arthur a call at (212)966-1059.

To what end?

So we can harass him for you and you can be held blameless?

Arthur Liu, I wouldn’t show your face around here.

You pathetic pack of libbie weasels, are you saying he will be beaten? Is this a ‘friendly warning’?

Or Riverside. Or Plattsburgh.

Ahh, I get it, we listners should beat him for you!

If this kind of juvenile bullying is supposed to be light humor, it’s not funny.

And neither are they trying to be serious, so who buys this garbage, anyway?

They won’t last the Winter.

FYI, regarding their promise to be back on the air, that's only if they can get the courts to force an injunction upon the station owner.

Apparently they want to force this into arbitration while making the owner Lui broadcast for them for free until some future price and future payment could be arranged.

It's similar to me buying a car, signing the contract, writing a check (to a really trusting dealer), driving home, then stopping payment.

Then going to the courts to keep my car, for free, until a new price could be legislated (from a friend in the court).

Such a deal!

Sounds like a business dispute to me...and by the way the tenor of the report is a parody of the Drudge Report...and pretty damn funny IMHO.

acludem

*BUMP*

According to the story today, it looks like the whiners at Air America got their injunction.

And more interestingly, they have pulled the link I gave to their explanation on their home page. Too embarassing, even for liberal media?

The network has also used its remaining radio stations in New York, Minneapolis, Portland, Oregon, and its website as platforms to attack Multicultural and its owner Arthur Liu.

Jean Heinemeyer, general manager of Multicultural's New York station, said the station has been flooded with calls from irate Air America listeners over the past 36 hours.

Hehe, like I said, harrassment is the tactic they chose. It won't look good in court for them after this fact.

And he lashed out at a tongue-in-cheek Air America "press release" in which the network was going to resolve the matter, vigilante-style, by putting a crowbar to Liu's head.

"It's more than sophomoric," said Heinemeyer. "It's disgusting and frightening."

Hey, that's what I said!

The release was removed from the site Thursday.

Fuking Liberal Pussies, can't even stand by their own statements.

Forum List

Back