Afterlife?

The thing about the afterlife is that we won't fully understand it until we're there...and there isn't any coming back to talk about it.

I've heard so many descriptions...but nobody really knows for sure what it will be like. I think it's up to God.
Is there room for unhappiness in Heaven? You see no matter which way you look at it, if everything is set up to keep you constantly happy, you are operating like a machine and not a person. Any constant state negates free will.

indeed

some people simply are not happy unless they something to piss and moan about
So if you were God what would hell be like for those people? How would you punish them?

i could never walk in gods shoes

I find infinite afterlife scarier than death. Could you imagine how bored you'd be after several trillion years and then someone mentions this is less than a blink of an eye compared to how long this will go on.
So what would you do with the first quintillion years?

I find infinite afterlife scarier than death. Could you imagine how bored you'd be after several trillion years and then someone mentions this is less than a blink of an eye compared to how long this will go on.

in general the idea of infinities are absurd

The thing about the afterlife is that we won't fully understand it until we're there...and there isn't any coming back to talk about it.

I've heard so many descriptions...but nobody really knows for sure what it will be like. I think it's up to God.
Is there room for unhappiness in Heaven? You see no matter which way you look at it, if everything is set up to keep you constantly happy, you are operating like a machine and not a person. Any constant state negates free will.

indeed

So if you were God what would hell be like for those people? How would you punish them?

i could never walk in gods shoes
That's your loss. I can attest God wear's very comfy sandals.

indeed

Hell? I don't know what is the lake of fire exactly? Perhaps being stuck in a black hole for eternity? But then again, when those black holes get too dense they could blow out and become "creation" again...so go figure.

I don't know...what do you consider hell to be?

Well...to each his/her own what happens when one dies. For me, the most blissful thing that makes me happy is what awaits me. I damn sure don't want drama, stress or having to use free will to choose something..because that constitutes stress.

Personally...I think whatever haunts your emotions or hurts your heart is what hell is because that is what you will experience. What makes you happy and at peace is what awaits you in heaven. But that's just my opinion. Your own mileage may vary.

• Thanks
Reactions: jan
Ya know..."long" is a relative term...and bottom line...whether or not it would get boring in heaven totally depends on how much fun one is having. :) Or what one is learning.

indeed

Hell? I don't know what is the lake of fire exactly? Perhaps being stuck in a black hole for eternity? But then again, when those black holes get too dense they could blow out and become "creation" again...so go figure.

I don't know...what do you consider hell to be?

I don't know what is the lake of fire

it is where the bad people go

according to Nirvana

Ya know..."long" is a relative term...and bottom line...whether or not it would get boring in heaven totally depends on how much fun one is having. :) Or what one is learning.
Really??? For eternity you think it gets relative.

Maybe hell is being fed to a live volcano? Hawaii, here we come!

in general the idea of infinities are absurd
I agree. Take that universe, I shall outlive you. (in the afterlife of course)

everything has a beginning and an end
What about God? He says that He is the alpha and the omega...the beginning and the end.

Beg god to kill me.
Think about it...you get to be you for all eternity and nothing will ever change. Isn't that wonderful?

Really??? For eternity you think it gets relative.
Point taken...but yeah...I think eternity is relative. What is eternity really? Can we really even grasp the concept? For ever and ever...yet the universe had a beginning...but did God? I don't know...it's hard to conceptualize anything not being relative.

There is only so much one can do or learn. What happens when all possibilities exhaust themselves?

Beg god to kill me.
Think about it...you get to be you for all eternity and nothing will ever change. Isn't that wonderful?
How do you know things won't change?

There is only so much one can do or learn. What happens when all possibilities exhaust themselves?
Is it possible for ALL possibilities to exhaust themselves? I don't know.

Forum List

Back