Afterlife?

I damn sure don't want drama, stress or having to use free will to choose something..because that constitutes stress.
But those are some of the things that make you gloriously human rather than a robot.

I find infinite afterlife scarier than death. Could you imagine how bored you'd be after several trillion years and then someone mentions this is less than a blink of an eye compared to how long this will go on.
So what would you do with the first quintillion years?
Beg god to kill me.
Think about it...you get to be you for all eternity and nothing will ever change. Isn't that wonderful?
How do you know things won't change?
Eternal bliss is a constant state. There is no change in a constant state.

This topic can be discussed forever and nobody will ever know the answer until they are dead.
Personally, I like the idea of a place to be surrounded with loved ones, in peace and harmony.

I find infinite afterlife scarier than death. Could you imagine how bored you'd be after several trillion years and then someone mentions this is less than a blink of an eye compared to how long this will go on.
So what would you do with the first quintillion years?
Beg god to kill me.
Think about it...you get to be you for all eternity and nothing will ever change. Isn't that wonderful?
How do you know things won't change?
Eternal bliss is a constant state. There is no change in a constant state.
Yet, as a human I've experienced bliss in many ways...but let's not go there! lololol!

Ya know..."long" is a relative term...and bottom line...whether or not it would get boring in heaven totally depends on how much fun one is having. :) Or what one is learning.
There is only so much one can do or learn. What happens when all possibilities exhaust themselves?
Is it possible for ALL possibilities to exhaust themselves? I don't know.
If one exists in a state of conditioned existence then yes, all things are limited by conditions.

Stress free existence sounds good. No murder, or school shootings...drama only for the fun of it, rather than the stress. Peaceful interactions with other heavenly beings that only emit positive vibes towards others. Yeah, I could handle that break over stressful striving that seems to encapsulate life as we know it being human.

No criminals sounds good...no crime...peace and beauty with lively discussion when desired. Yeah, I could call that heaven. :)

in general the idea of infinities are absurd
I agree. Take that universe, I shall outlive you. (in the afterlife of course)

everything has a beginning and an end
What about God? He says that He is the alpha and the omega...the beginning and the end.

indeed

But...whose to say that angels can't be sassy? I mean look at Satan and his minions. Yeah, they got the boot but whose to say there aren't other sassy angels who just haven't crossed the line yet?

Ya know..."long" is a relative term...and bottom line...whether or not it would get boring in heaven totally depends on how much fun one is having. :) Or what one is learning.
There is only so much one can do or learn. What happens when all possibilities exhaust themselves?
If one exists in a state of conditioned existence then yes, all things are limited by conditions.
I think you're assuming "limited conditions" or "controlled conditions". If we have the universe at our beckoned call...that's a pretty free roaming set of circumstances and conditions. It doesn't sound at all limiting to me...other than that eternally blissful thing...which personally I have no problem with.

Stress free existence sounds good. No murder, or school shootings...drama only for the fun of it, rather than the stress. Peaceful interactions with other heavenly beings that only emit positive vibes towards others. Yeah, I could handle that break over stressful striving that seems to encapsulate life as we know it being human.

No criminals sounds good...no crime...peace and beauty with lively discussion when desired. Yeah, I could call that heaven. :)
I don't want to be around people at all. I already put in an application to be grounds keeper and animal caretaker. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: jan
I think you're assuming "limited conditions" or "controlled conditions". If we have the universe at our beckoned call...that's a pretty free roaming set of circumstances and conditions. It doesn't sound at all limiting to me...other than that eternally blissful thing...which personally I have no problem with.
That is what is limiting...eternal bliss. You cannot be a free agent in such a condition. You are limited to just one thing. In such a state there are no possibilities.

That is what is limiting...eternal bliss. You cannot be a free agent in such a condition. You are limited to just one thing. In such a state there are no possibilities.
But...you won't know until you are dead if that is true, right?

I don't want to be around people at all. I already put in an application to be grounds keeper and animal caretaker. :lol:
A soulful existence indeed! Nature and animals, it doesn't get much better than that.

been there done that

been there done that
Been dead? Really? What say ye about the experience?

been there done that

it was alright

been there done that

it was alright
Ummmmm...ok...no other commentary? Any near death experiences to go on record with?

A soulful existence indeed! Nature and animals, it doesn't get much better than that.
I don't think nature or animals would factor in a constant state of bliss. Nature is a state of constant change and a tension. Without that change and tension you do not have nature, without nature there are no animals they become unnecessary because once you have a constant state the laws of cause and effect goes straight out the window.

I don't think nature or animals would factor in a constant state of bliss. Nature is a state of constant change and a tension. Without that change and tension you do not have nature, without nature there are no animals they become unnecessary because once you have a constant state the laws of cause and effect goes straight out the window.
Like I said before.....whatever each individuals "bliss" is, will be their heaven. For me..animals and nature. Animals are necessary to ME. Therefore, MY heaven of bliss is them and the nature they are living in.

Forum List

Back