African-Americans Haven't Progressed Due to Culture, Not Racism & Slavery

American blacks don't have a history of civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.

Africa is the birthplace of civilization idiot. What you are doing is the same thing the people who invaded said. They couldn't say they were bad people themselves, but they said "those Africans need OUR TYPE of civilization" because leaving people alone isn't enough.

They have more of a history of government, wealth, economy etc than ANY European nation, but you think it should be like Europes and since it's not, it's not "civilized"
By civilization, I mean modern civilization, and living in a hut hunting and gathering for millennia just simply hasn't made Africans able to adapt quickly to a more advance civilization like whites, for example, when they were simply thrown into it, as with slavery and then being freed. As a race, they aren't that far away from being hunter gatherers living in huts drinking dirty and parasite infested water...

Ok, they do have a civilization but because some of it isnt whatever your definition of "modern" is that means no civilization at all?

You do know there are more to Africa than just huts and stuff?
The blacks that were captured for slaves came from a primitive culture and "civilization", so American way of life must have been a serious shock to them, and it's no wonder that most blacks today aren't really fully integrated into mainstream America.
Sure there's more to Africa today, but most African cities haven't yet made the full transition to civilized societies, they are simply a mess.

According to you, but what you think living and society should be doesnt matter. Some people like living in the woods, some like being in Alaska, Nomads or in Africa. But to claim they arent civilized is pretencious
The term "civilized society" means western cultured society, which excludes homegrown bums, and otherwise uncouth people. As well as hunter gatherers. Now you know.

I recently read the book Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell which emphasized that african americans in the US have been unable to achieve similar success relative to other race not because of slavery or racism, but due to the culture they picked up from the southern plantation owners which has now morphed into ghetto culture. I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

I put my review of the book up as well in case anyone is interested in watching it.

Be worth looking at whether enslaved ethnicities and groups in other countries that had slavery have since gained equal standing. Could be that enslaved peoples even many generations later don't do as well as the slave-owner ethnicities.

Africa is the birthplace of civilization idiot. What you are doing is the same thing the people who invaded said. They couldn't say they were bad people themselves, but they said "those Africans need OUR TYPE of civilization" because leaving people alone isn't enough.

They have more of a history of government, wealth, economy etc than ANY European nation, but you think it should be like Europes and since it's not, it's not "civilized"
By civilization, I mean modern civilization, and living in a hut hunting and gathering for millennia just simply hasn't made Africans able to adapt quickly to a more advance civilization like whites, for example, when they were simply thrown into it, as with slavery and then being freed. As a race, they aren't that far away from being hunter gatherers living in huts drinking dirty and parasite infested water...

Ok, they do have a civilization but because some of it isnt whatever your definition of "modern" is that means no civilization at all?

The blacks that were captured for slaves came from a primitive culture and "civilization", so American way of life must have been a serious shock to them, and it's no wonder that most blacks today aren't really fully integrated into mainstream America.
Sure there's more to Africa today, but most African cities haven't yet made the full transition to civilized societies, they are simply a mess.

According to you, but what you think living and society should be doesnt matter. Some people like living in the woods, some like being in Alaska, Nomads or in Africa. But to claim they arent civilized is pretencious
The term "civilized society" means western cultured society, which excludes homegrown bums, and otherwise uncouth people. As well as hunter gatherers. Now you know.
Wrong. Civilized society means you are smart enough not to poison and destroy your world creating things to soothe your insecurities.

American blacks don't have a history of civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.
That post confirms someone pillaged your intellect and desolated the landscape of your mind.
Your post confirms that you haven't yet adapted to a higher level of discourse, which a white society demands.

Apparently there are thousands just like these who haven't met the "demands" of white society:

o-HOMELESS-570.jpg

It's just a hunch but I am betting that these two and the millions like them are worse off than any of the few Africans who still live in huts and hunt or gather to survive.. The same could be said of rare tribes of aboriginals in South America who look just like their "civilized" converted Hispanic brethren. But you see, homelessness is not a problem in SA where jungles still flourish . Hungry people can always revert back to their Indian roots to hunt and gather like some of the most primitive Africans probably did thousands of years ago. White CIvilization doesn't allow that. Instead, you get deforestation and other destructive industrial blights. And the cost for failure is homelessness and despair!
There is a reason white culture has collapsed before and is on the way to collapsing again. This time the disappearance of their race is going to be the result. No one is going to reeducate them like they did when europe was stuck in the dark ages.
A couple of million out of a billion isn't bad. When the slaves were captured ALL of Africa was an uncivilized society that when thrown into white society, didn't adapt very well, and are still having problems catching up.
No one wants to catch up with your twice failed culture.

Well, it looks like you and Webster's have a disagreement.

Hey monkey. You and the house nigga Sowell are a joke. You white boys crack me up when you think calling me ghetto is an insult. :laugh:
The fact that the insult is lost on you only confirms that you are ghetto trash.
Thats inherently better and way more desirable than being white trash and a monkey like you.
You can pretend its more desirable if you want to, but I know I wont be having any problems hailing a cab at 2 AM. :laugh:
You can pretend you white boys have an once of credibility and that you are not the biggest joke on the planet.
laugh.gif
Your ridiculous and ineffective arguments are a waste of everyone's time. What kind of moron are you?
I'm not arguing monkey. I am instructing you. What kind of simian are you?

American blacks don't have a history of advanced civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, advanced civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized at our level when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.

I'm not here to generalize every single person into one group, I was mainly citing the book I had read which is widely regarded as instrumental in race relations by many across all political spectrums. The author is also african-american himself. I doubt you watched my review as well because I disagreed with some of the points made in this book.

Also please don't do the same and generalize me as well. I've worked extensively in Africa and the Inner-City as well. I've definitely experienced enough to offer my opinion on this subject. No not all black live in the gettho, and not all whites are affluent. But culture does exist, and the premise of the book is we must not overlook that. If you actually have worked in the inner-city at all, which I now question with you, it's painfully obvious that african-american culture works against itself sometimes. As a teacher, some of my smartest students would constantly play dumb because you were ostracized if you were remotely intelligent. If any of my students were remotely articulate they would be labeled as not being black enough.

Yes there are other societal factors at play just as you mentioned, but actually look into the book itself or Thomas Sowell's theories before commenting.
It's not all their fault but one step towards a cure for what ails them is to drop the ghetto crap.

American blacks don't have a history of advanced civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, advanced civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized at our level when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.

Now it seems you and history need to have a talk as well. History will be very surprised to hear this

Just because insecure whites hid the history of American Blacks from them doesnt mean some of us have not found out just how ignorant you are.

Blacks haven't advanced because of their GENES. They are less evolved. Less intelligent.
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, RIGHT! I guess you are one of those 'Whites" with Black ancestry because YOU AIN"T SCHMART!

Have you been reading the "Bell Curve" again? It has already been disproved.... Yawnnnnn!

Just because insecure whites hid the history of American Blacks from them doesnt mean some of us have not found out just how ignorant you are.
I want to reach out to what I consider a cool brotha and start a conversation about that poor girl who killed herself while being in prison for 3 days just for not using her turn signal.

Regardless of if they killed her or she killed herself, what a horrible story. If they killed her wtf? If she killed herself, I can sort of understand freaking out in prison. I spent one night and my skin was crawling.

So my point I want to make is that yes the police escalated the situation but so did she.

She couldn't believe he was freaking out over a improper lane change or because she was smoking. It wasn't about that. It was her attitude.

Now maybe you can convince me that it should be legal to disrespect a cop, but I have to say I would never act like she did to that officer.

Can a black person see what I'm saying? You don't fuck with cops. I'm afraid and respectful of them. Is that wrong?

Maybe it should be OK to disrespect cops but you'll have to convince me.

Maybe we should take the interaction out of the equation. Have a robot roll up and issue the ticket or issue the breathalyzer.

I feel so bad for her whatever happened to her. Those cops should go to jail fucking with her and making her snap.

Then they said today she had pot in her system. So what?

I want to reach out to what I consider a cool brotha and start a conversation about that poor girl who killed herself while being in prison for 3 days just for not using her turn signal.

Regardless of if they killed her or she killed herself, what a horrible story. If they killed her wtf? If she killed herself, I can sort of understand freaking out in prison. I spent one night and my skin was crawling.

So my point I want to make is that yes the police escalated the situation but so did she.

She couldn't believe he was freaking out over a improper lane change or because she was smoking. It wasn't about that. It was her attitude.

Now maybe you can convince me that it should be legal to disrespect a cop, but I have to say I would never act like she did to that officer.

Can a black person see what I'm saying? You don't fuck with cops. I'm afraid and respectful of them. Is that wrong?

Maybe we should take the interaction out of the equation. Have a robot roll up and issue the ticket or issue the breathalyzer.

I feel so bad for her whatever happened to her. Those cops should go to jail fucking with her and making her snap.

Heres the problem tho, any action by any blacks are always used as a reason for whatever happens to them. Look at every story and you'll see a pattern. The police escalate, the black person goes "WTF?" and THAT is the reason for any horrors that happen to them.

The cop seeing that she is irritated said "you seem irritated". She replied "I am" and after that, if he didnt have time for an attitude came another question "Why are you irritated?" If he didnt want to hear irritation why'd he ask for an explanation?

Confirming that she was irritated he asked another question "Are you done?" Now all it takes is maybe a 3rd grade education and experience with anyone to know that that question was meant to rile up the person who already is upset.

Then he further escalates by saying "Can you put out your cig?" Not an order....and she said she didnt have to. At THAT point is when he opens her door and says "you can get out now" again not an order. But order schmorder....right

Yes its wrong to be afraid of cops. You pay their salary. Would you keep a dog you were afraid of?

They will say anything and everything to sway public opinion against someone. Most of which is not relevant to the issue. The cop clearly said he was going to give her a warning then asked her to put out her cigarette. What for? He was giving her a warning right? He got PO'd when she didnt bend to his need to feel powerful and that is where the issue is. I dont know if she killed herself or not and no one will really ever know the truth.

Heres the problem tho, any action by any blacks are always used as a reason for whatever happens to them. Look at every story and you'll see a pattern. The police escalate, the black person goes "WTF?" and THAT is the reason for any horrors that happen to them.

The cop seeing that she is irritated said "you seem irritated". She replied "I am" and after that, if he didnt have time for an attitude came another question "Why are you irritated?" If he didnt want to hear irritation why'd he ask for an explanation?

Confirming that she was irritated he asked another question "Are you done?" Now all it takes is maybe a 3rd grade education and experience with anyone to know that that question was meant to rile up the person who already is upset.

Then he further escalates by saying "Can you put out your cig?" Not an order....and she said she didnt have to. At THAT point is when he opens her door and says "you can get out now" again not an order. But order schmorder....right
The kunt hung herself, no police involved.

Blacks haven't advanced because of their GENES. They are less evolved. Less intelligent.
This from a guy that has the DNA of a neanderthal. :laugh:
No, he's right, blacks are less evolved. American blacks were hunter gatherers as little as 150 years ago, before they were sold into slavery. Making the jump from hunter gatherer to Wall street honcho is do-able for a black, but those are the exception, not the rule.

This from a guy that has the DNA of a neanderthal. :laugh:
No, he's right, blacks are less evolved. American blacks were hunter gatherers as little as 150 years ago, before they were sold into slavery. Making the jump from hunter gatherer to Wall street honcho is do-able for a black, but those are the exception, not the rule.
I got news for you chum, the jump from white homeless urban hunter gatherers living in a junk car to Wall street is do-able too, but that is the exception, not the rule!

Forum List

Back