African-Americans Haven't Progressed Due to Culture, Not Racism & Slavery

I recently read the book Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell which emphasized that african americans in the US have been unable to achieve similar success relative to other race not because of slavery or racism, but due to the culture they picked up from the southern plantation owners which has now morphed into ghetto culture. I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

I put my review of the book up as well in case anyone is interested in watching it.

Sowell, doesn't dare tackle the cornerstone of so-called black culture as represented here :

picture-14-png.44867

THAT IMAGE IS REPRESENTATIVE OF BLACK CULTURE .
THE CRIMINAL ELEMENTS DO NOT REPRESENT BLACK CULTURE!

Attachments

• Picture 14.png
    Picture 14.png
    200 KB · Views: 225
^^Exactly, He's using only the negative things and saying that is the sum total of black culture. This is like citing Honey Boo Boo and Meth Labs as being the sum total white culture.

Greenwood Tulsa - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Greenwood is a neighborhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma. As one of the most successful and wealthiest African American communities in the United States during the early 20th Century, it was popularly known as America's "Black Wall Street" until the Tulsa race riot of 1921, in which white residents massacred black residents and razed the neighborhood within hours. The riot was one of the most devastating massacres in the history of U.S. race relations, destroying the once thriving Greenwood community.

Within five years after the massacre, surviving residents who chose to remain in Tulsa rebuilt much of the district. They accomplished this despite the opposition of many white Tulsa political and business leaders and punitive rezoning laws enacted to prevent reconstruction. It resumed being a vital black community until segregation was overturned by the Federal Government during the 1950s and 1960s. Desegregation encouraged blacks to live and shop elsewhere in the city, causing Greenwood to lose much of its original vitality. Since then, city leaders have attempted to encourage other economic development activity nearby.

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO THE OP:

MISJUDGMENT OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY:

You have already been schooled about misconceptions of black life on other threads but you just won't let go of your illusions. The vast majority of Blacks are NOT impoverished, only about 12% are. [b}Non Hispanic Whites[/b] make up 41% of the nation's poor while Blacks make up 25%. More black males are in college than are in prison or in the penal system.

25.1% of Black Males (age 25 or over) have either an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, or Doctoral Degree[

82.1% of Black Males (age 18 or over) have at least a High School Diploma or GED

71.6% of Black Men pay their agreed to or Court Awarded Child Support

$253 Billion: Total Income earned by Black Males[17] (15 and over)
($262 Billion earned by Black Females)

Blacks spend over 1 trillion dollars annually in white owned businesses.

When will you ever learn to address the poor Whites in your own community before trying to project universal poverty onto the entire black community! Remember also that Sowell is trying to sell a book
by telling bigots what they want to hear or read...true or not!

there were many of these types of attacks on separate but equal towns the racists insisted had to exist.

then they killed the ones that made progress out of jelousy

the race riots were done by white racists

I point out that Africa has a rich history beginning from the dawn of man
People like you overly romanticize Africas history. You like to think they were some kind of advanced civilization, but in reality they were a bunch of tribal savages in loin cloths made out of vines and leaves.

You will of course point out Egypt, whos people aren't what we generally think of as "Africans" today anyway, but whatever. "They built the pyramids!" Yeah, but they were still a bunch of fucking savages who had millions of slaves, and they would work them to death. Their lives were meaningless. It was a nightmare world.

Africa has sucked from the beginning of time and it always will.

People like you overly romanticize Africas history. You like to think they were some kind of advanced civilization, but in reality they were a bunch of tribal savages in loin cloths made out of vines and leaves.

You will of course point out Egypt, whos people aren't what we generally think of as "Africans" today anyway, but whatever. "They built the pyramids!" Yeah, but they were still a bunch of fucking savages who had millions of slaves, and they would work them to death. Their lives were meaningless. It was a nightmare world.

White boys from the caves of europe have throughout time been so afraid of the inherent power of Africa that they try their best to down play it. Its "the kid that peaked in high school" syndrome all day long. :laugh:

You can call it over romanticized all you want but one thing you cannot call it is a lie.

*drops mic*

American blacks don't have a history of civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.

American blacks don't have a history of civilization behind them like whites do, most were still hunter gatherers in Africa before they were captured for slavery. So when the slaves were freed, civilization was something new to them and you can't expect blacks of today to be civilized when the whole concept is still relatively new to the race.
That is funny! Modern babies of any race are born with a "tabula rasa."
There is no genetic proponent that passes civilized or primitive experience to a fetus! Proof of that is evidenced by this bizarre case of a girl being raised by dogs and thought she was a dog:

Ukrainian dog girl 9 children who were raised by animals MNN - Mother Nature Network

oxana.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Africa is the birthplace of civilization idiot. What you are doing is the same thing the people who invaded said. They couldn't say they were bad people themselves, but they said "those Africans need OUR TYPE of civilization" because leaving people alone isn't enough.

They have more of a history of government, wealth, economy etc than ANY European nation, but you think it should be like Europes and since it's not, it's not "civilized"

I recently read the book Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell which emphasized that african americans in the US have been unable to achieve similar success relative to other race not because of slavery or racism, but due to the culture they picked up from the southern plantation owners which has now morphed into ghetto culture. I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

I put my review of the book up as well in case anyone is interested in watching it.

As you can see by many of the posts on this thread, there are many of the Left who will do or say anything to avoid addressing faults or misdeeds by Black Americans, choosing instead to make things worse by deflecting and denying and ultimately enabling.

Obviously, both ends of this issue have some serious self-examination to do, but we're clearly still a long way from that.

As you can see by many of the posts on this thread, there are many of the Left who will do or say anything to avoid addressing faults or misdeeds by Black Americans, choosing instead to make things worse by deflecting and denying and ultimately enabling.

Obviously, both ends of this issue have some serious self-examination to do, but we're clearly still a long way from that.

No one is deflecting. We are laughing at your attempts to pretend your culture is not fucked up so you instead talk about Blacks.

No one is deflecting. We are laughing at your attempts to pretend your culture is not fucked up so you instead talk about Blacks.

Yet another perfect example of my point, thanks.

Yet another perfect example of my point, thanks.

Ditto.

What were saying is that blaming something like Culture or Bad JuJu is immeasurable. Additionally, the only conclusion Sowell can come up with is based in feelings and an assumption that black culture is only bad stuff like violence. When no other race is summed up with only bad things except the Muslims.

But the Muslims flew planes into our buildings and blew shit up. Blacks on the other hand have done nothing.

What are the rules for blacks when discussing objections to racial issues? And who makes those rules?

... When no other race is summed up with only bad things except the Muslims.

But the Muslims flew planes into our buildings and blew shit up. Blacks on the other hand have done nothing....
Mindblowing ignorance.
Muslims are Not a 'race', and in fact, 'Muslims' include Blacks, such as Boko Haram in Nigeria and Genociders in Sudan.

CC: "Blacks.. have done nothing"
Really?

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homicide
According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for Blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites (per 100,000), and the victim rate 6 times higher (per 100,000).
Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.[33][34][35]

Robbery
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than the reverse.[38][39]
`​

Forum List

Back