Act of War

So I guess it all comes down to who do you believe!

And I ain't believing the Iranian Regime.

I do not believe them either. Same games in the region with Iran beer muscled morons making veiled threats. If Iran was so sure they may have actually tried to hit the drone.

It was a very provocative, stupid and unnecessary act nevertheless!

Hey.............it's not the first time that Iran has done something stupid like that.

See my story about being on the Ike during Desert Storm and coming through the Straits of Hormuz further up the thread.

What would we do if there was an Iranian drone flying 16 miles off of our coast?

First, we would determine if it was armed with any weapons, then we would wait until it got inside 12 miles and blow it out of the air. Why do you ask?

I highly doubt that your assertion is correct. I am willing to bet that we would be sending out fighters when the drone was at least 50 miles away from our shores.

We would be sending out fighters as soon as the drone was detected. If the drone was armed, it would be shot down immediately. If not, we would wait for it to violate our airspace.

I do not believe them either. Same games in the region with Iran beer muscled morons making veiled threats. If Iran was so sure they may have actually tried to hit the drone.

Hey.............it's not the first time that Iran has done something stupid like that.

See my story about being on the Ike during Desert Storm and coming through the Straits of Hormuz further up the thread.

I agree. It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

That worries me.

That worries me.

Worry? No. Concern? Maybe.

Remember, before we go into that area of the world, we've already been drilling our asses off for at least a month and are prepared for whatever may come.

At least, the people I sailed with were.

That worries me.

Remember, before we go into that area of the world, we've already been drilling our asses off for at least a month and are prepared for whatever may come.

Lets hope so. Because for all I know The Commander in Chief in the White House is pro-Muslim. We will have to wait and see if he delivers if needed.

Maybe they're still mad because we overthrew their government and installed one of our own? Maybe this is why they are mad:

iran-us-bases-2.jpg

Ever notice how the countries that don't bother other people are usually not victims of terrorism? Notice how Iran isn't calling for their complete destruction?

Oh my goodness! What does Iran think it's doing have its country so close to our military bases?

Administration officials said they didn't publicly disclose the attack because the drone program was a secret one. They also noted that congressional Republicans had previously been critical of the administration for leaking classified information.

Iran Defends Attack on U.S. Drone - WSJ.com

the OP is nothing but more right wing politics posing as concern for foreign policy

Some how the prospect of a dead drone doesn't make me want to swing into a ground war with Iran.

You people are fucking crazy. If the damn drone wasn't hit ...how the hell do any of you know anything happened at all?

You idiots are all worked up over NOTHING!

Obama said the drone was shot at. Would he lie? Iran said they shot at the drone. We know they would lie about it entering their airspace.
TEHRAN — Iran’s defense minister on Friday confirmed that Iranian warplanes had fired shots at an American drone last week but said they had taken the action after the unmanned aircraft had entered Iranian airspace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/world/middleeast/iran-confirms-drone-shooting-episode.html?_r=0

But the U.S. wouldn't lie?

Iran said the drone was over their waters. If that is the case there is no act of war. The US said they will continue flying over what they consider international waters. If Iran decides to attack the US will act accordingly.

"Last week an anonymous plane entered the space over the territorial waters of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the Persian Gulf area which, due to the timely, clever and decisive action of our armed forces, was forced to flee," Ahmad Vahidi was quoted on ISNA as saying on Friday. The United States has communicated to the Iranians that we will continue to conduct surveillance flights over international waters over the Arabian Gulf consistent with longstanding practice and our commitment to the security of the region," the spokesman said. Little said the US was prepared to safeguard its forces."
Iran confirms fighter jets fired on US drone - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

So I guess it all comes down to who do you believe!

And I ain't believing the Iranian Regime.

But you believe Obama?

That worries me.

Lets hope so. Because for all I know The Commander in Chief in the White House is pro-Muslim. We will have to wait and see if he delivers if needed.

Really? Even after the rescue of the Maersk captain? Even after getting OBL?

I'm pretty sure that he's capable of delivering if needed, remember, there was only a 60 percent chance of Bin Laden being where they thought he was, and many of his staff said it would be a mistake to run the operation. Clinton himself even said it was a hard decision to make.

As far as Obama being "pro-Muslim", got any proof to back that up? Because while he was growing up in INDONESIA (a full continent away from Kenya), he attended a Catholic school.

And............there's that little thing you tried to nail him on back in 2008 when you conservatives were bitching about Rev. Wright. Did you know that Obama attended his CHRISTIAN church for 20 years?

Partisan hackery doesn't look good on you Skye.

Really? Even after the rescue of the Maersk captain? Even after getting OBL?

I'm pretty sure that he's capable of delivering if needed, remember, there was only a 60 percent chance of Bin Laden being where they thought he was, and many of his staff said it would be a mistake to run the operation. Clinton himself even said it was a hard decision to make.

As far as Obama being "pro-Muslim", got any proof to back that up? Because while he was growing up in INDONESIA (a full continent away from Kenya), he attended a Catholic school.

And............there's that little thing you tried to nail him on back in 2008 when you conservatives were bitching about Rev. Wright. Did you know that Obama attended his CHRISTIAN church for 20 years?

Partisan hackery doesn't look good on you Skye.

Like I said .... I hope Hussein will deliver when he is needed ... which will be soon.

Like I said Skye..................partisan hackery is unbecoming on you.

I thought you were better than that.

With all respect .... I wouldn't give a rat's behind of what you thought or what you did not!

Cheers.

With all respect .... I wouldn't give a rat's behind of what you thought or what you did not!

Cheers.

Actually, you were one of the posters that I paid attention to.

Well, since you're drinking the GOP kool aid, I suppose that I can stop that.

Cheers.

Actually, you were one of the posters that I paid attention to.

Well, since you're drinking the GOP kool aid, I suppose that I can stop that.

Stop it.

to add ... why always the Kool Aid has to be brought up? Meh!

Last edited:
So let me get this straight.... All this talk about Iran....blah...blah... Our BIG enemy Iran... and these jokers can't even shoot down an unmanned drone with pilots in jets?

That's some "top gun" school they have over there in.. Iran.. yessseerriii. ....Some "aces" they have over there in Iran...

And you pussies are spooked by..who is it again?.... Iran?

Forum List

Back