Act of War

I bet most of the mindless Libs think General Patreus' resignation has nothing to do with Benghazi either

I bet most of the mindless Libs think General Patreus' resignation has nothing to do with Benghazi either

Actually, he retired because as head of the CIA, you can't afford to be compromised. That is also why the FBI is investigating Ms. Broadwell, his biographer. They want to make sure that she didn't have improper access to any of his files or information that he had.

Trust me............when you get to the Top Secret or above level security clearances? The word becomes a bit more black and white. If you're in the military and have a low credit score (they check when doing TS or above), that alone can make you ineligible for the clearance due to the fact that it would be possible to compromise you with cash.

An affair you want to keep secret? Well, it's good that he came clean about it and resigned before any secrets could have been compromised (we hope, still gotta wait on the FBI investigation).

So we have the Iranians fire at a US aircraft 5 days before the election (which is an act of war) and nobody knows until after the election ? More transparency, I guess....

and now the president's want Valerie Jarrett to play nice and negotiate with the Iranians. There is only one country that Obama where can deplete all nuclear weapons. There is only one country where Obama can make it defensless. There is only one country where he can destroy the economy and capitalism. There is only one country he can redistribute wealth, and make it citizens dependent on government for everything.

Considering that almost all drone missions are classified, I'm pretty sure the wait wasn't so much for the election, but to decide if they wanted to declassify the information. I heard one retired general speculate that it may have been declassified and released so that next time something like this happens, Americans won't be taken by surprise and know why we went to war.

What other bullshit ya got?

OK...... pop quiz.....

Who here is ready to spend another trillion dollars or so to go to war with Iran over an unharmed drone?

Count me as a NO.

It was in International airspace when it was shot at....not in Iranian. There was no reason for them to shoot at it and it's illegal since it wasn't even in their airspace.

It may have ventured into Iranian airspace and left before the Iranians could respond. Or it may not have. We have no way of knowing.

Let's not do the whole "Obama watched while they died" bullshit routine again.

We do know that key Republicans in Congress were also informed of the incident.

The silence over the matter likely had fuck-all to do with the election.

Obama's people say it didn't get any closer to Iran than 16 miles and the territorial limit is 12 miles. Are you calling them liars?

It was in International airspace when it was shot at....not in Iranian. There was no reason for them to shoot at it and it's illegal since it wasn't even in their airspace.

It may have ventured into Iranian airspace and left before the Iranians could respond. Or it may not have. We have no way of knowing.

Obama's people say it didn't get any closer to Iran than 16 miles and the territorial limit is 12 miles. Are you calling them liars?

They may or may not be telling the truth in this instance, but I have no problem saying that yes, they're liars.

Actually, I'm willing to believe that it was outside of territorial airspace. Why? Because back in the early 90's (during Desert Storm), we were coming through the Straits of Hormuz on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69), and because Iran thought we were in their territory, they decided to send out some gun boats.

I was pissed because we went to a real General Quarters, and I had just gotten into my rack. However.............the GQ didn't last long, because they sent out the alert aircraft to greet them. They got buzzed once, and were told that if they didn't turn around, they'd be sunk.

They turned around.

Yeah.............Iran has a habit of being a bit sketchy about their borders.

So we have the Iranians fire at a US aircraft 5 days before the election (which is an act of war) and nobody knows until after the election ? More transparency, I guess....

and now the president's want Valerie Jarrett to play nice and negotiate with the Iranians. There is only one country that Obama where can deplete all nuclear weapons. There is only one country where Obama can make it defensless. There is only one country where he can destroy the economy and capitalism. There is only one country he can redistribute wealth, and make it citizens dependent on government for everything.

What would we do if there was an Iranian drone flying 16 miles off of our coast?

First, we would determine if it was armed with any weapons, then we would wait until it got inside 12 miles and blow it out of the air. Why do you ask?

Actually, I'm willing to believe that it was outside of territorial airspace. Why? Because back in the early 90's (during Desert Storm), we were coming through the Straits of Hormuz on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69), and because Iran thought we were in their territory, they decided to send out some gun boats.

I was pissed because we went to a real General Quarters, and I had just gotten into my rack. However.............the GQ didn't last long, because they sent out the alert aircraft to greet them. They got buzzed once, and were told that if they didn't turn around, they'd be sunk.

They turned around.

I read about that incident. Nice going US Navy!

Maybe Iran is still pissed over that airliner we shot down

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iran Air Flight 655 was a civilian jet airliner shot down by U.S. missiles on 3 July 1988 as it flew over the Strait of Hormuz at the end of the Iran–Iraq War. The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2-203 operated by Iran Air, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. While flying in Iranian airspace over Iran's territorial waters in the Persian Gulf on its usual flight path, it was destroyed by the United States Navy guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes (CG-49). All 290 onboard including 66 children and 16 crew perished.

Maybe, maybe not.
In 1996, the United States and Iran reached "an agreement in full and final settlement of all disputes, differences, claims, counterclaims" relating to the incident at the International Court of Justice. As part of the settlement, the United States agreed to pay US$61.8 million, an average of $213,103.45 per passenger, in compensation to the families of the Iranian victims

I willing to bet that they, unlike some of their "conservative" counterparts, would rather wait to see how the facts unfold instead of running with some "theory" as a political point or smear campaign.

Last edited:

They turned around.

I read about that incident. Nice going US Navy!

Even though I was pissed about the GQ, the descriptions the pilots gave about what the gunboats did was enough to keep me laughing through the rest of the cruise whenever I thought about it.

Funny thing............never heard from 'em after that.

Maybe they're still mad because we overthrew their government and installed one of our own? Maybe this is why they are mad:

iran-us-bases-2.jpg

Ever notice how the countries that don't bother other people are usually not victims of terrorism? Notice how Iran isn't calling for their complete destruction?

You people are fucking crazy. If the damn drone wasn't hit ...how the hell do any of you know anything happened at all?

You idiots are all worked up over NOTHING!

Obama said the drone was shot at. Would he lie? Iran said they shot at the drone. We know they would lie about it entering their airspace.
TEHRAN — Iran’s defense minister on Friday confirmed that Iranian warplanes had fired shots at an American drone last week but said they had taken the action after the unmanned aircraft had entered Iranian airspace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/world/middleeast/iran-confirms-drone-shooting-episode.html?_r=0

Firing on an unmanned aircraft is grounds for war?

I'm glad we didn't elect Republicans

ummm.. yes.. firing at a military aircraft of any kind when it's not in your airspace, is an act of war.

I totally agree it was an act of war. ... nobody is going to start a war because of that ... but it was an act of war!

The Iranian regime is testing the waters ... firt an unmanned drone, next a jet with an American pilot in it. :mad:

What would we do if there was an Iranian drone flying 16 miles off of our coast?

First, we would determine if it was armed with any weapons, then we would wait until it got inside 12 miles and blow it out of the air. Why do you ask?

I highly doubt that your assertion is correct. I am willing to bet that we would be sending out fighters when the drone was at least 50 miles away from our shores.

Firing on an unmanned aircraft is grounds for war?

I'm glad we didn't elect Republicans

ummm.. yes.. firing at a military aircraft of any kind when it's not in your airspace, is an act of war.

I totally agree it was an act of war. ... nobody is going to start a war because of that ... but it was an act of war!

The Iranian regime is testing the waters ... firt an unmanned drone, next a jet with an American pilot in it. :mad:

Then the pilots who go up against our pilots need to notify their next of kin before taking off.

Not to brag, but the U.S. Navy has the finest fighter pilots on the planet. I know, I was stationed with a squadron for 4 years.

Forum List

Back