Act of War

Hey guys, if some country built a TON of military bases and surrounded our country with them, would that be an act of war?

So we have the Iranians fire at a US aircraft 5 days before the election (which is an act of war) and nobody knows until after the election ? More transparency, I guess....

and now the president's want Valerie Jarrett to play nice and negotiate with the Iranians. There is only one country that Obama where can deplete all nuclear weapons. There is only one country where Obama can make it defensless. There is only one country where he can destroy the economy and capitalism. There is only one country he can redistribute wealth, and make it citizens dependent on government for everything.

WE CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER FUCKING WAR YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOT.

People who whine about the economy need to stop fucking trying to get us into more wars.

Why don't you just go out there and start killing our soldiers yourself, since you seem to be so willing to throw their lives away.

Last edited:
You people are fucking crazy. If the damn drone wasn't hit ...how the hell do any of you know anything happened at all?

You idiots are all worked up over NOTHING!

Obama said the drone was shot at. Would he lie? Iran said they shot at the drone. We know they would lie about it entering their airspace.
TEHRAN — Iran’s defense minister on Friday confirmed that Iranian warplanes had fired shots at an American drone last week but said they had taken the action after the unmanned aircraft had entered Iranian airspace.

Iran Confirms Drone Shooting Episode - NYTimes.com

If nothing was hit...who gives a rats ass?

You people are fucking crazy. If the damn drone wasn't hit ...how the hell do any of you know anything happened at all?

Obama said the drone was shot at. Would he lie? Iran said they shot at the drone. We know they would lie about it entering their airspace.
TEHRAN — Iran’s defense minister on Friday confirmed that Iranian warplanes had fired shots at an American drone last week but said they had taken the action after the unmanned aircraft had entered Iranian airspace.

American pilots flying in the area do! :mad:

Iran said the drone was over their waters. If that is the case there is no act of war. The US said they will continue flying over what they consider international waters. If Iran decides to attack the US will act accordingly.

"Last week an anonymous plane entered the space over the territorial waters of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the Persian Gulf area which, due to the timely, clever and decisive action of our armed forces, was forced to flee," Ahmad Vahidi was quoted on ISNA as saying on Friday. The United States has communicated to the Iranians that we will continue to conduct surveillance flights over international waters over the Arabian Gulf consistent with longstanding practice and our commitment to the security of the region," the spokesman said. Little said the US was prepared to safeguard its forces."
Iran confirms fighter jets fired on US drone - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Actually, I'm glad that this administration told us about this incident. Why? Because next time, they might actually shoot something down, which would spark a military response from us.

This way, the American people know that Iran is testing the waters and won't be surprised when they wake up the next morning and hear that military action is being taken against Iran.

Iran said the drone was over their waters. If that is the case there is no act of war. The US said they will continue flying over what they consider international waters. If Iran decides to attack the US will act accordingly.

"Last week an anonymous plane entered the space over the territorial waters of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the Persian Gulf area which, due to the timely, clever and decisive action of our armed forces, was forced to flee," Ahmad Vahidi was quoted on ISNA as saying on Friday. The United States has communicated to the Iranians that we will continue to conduct surveillance flights over international waters over the Arabian Gulf consistent with longstanding practice and our commitment to the security of the region," the spokesman said. Little said the US was prepared to safeguard its forces."

So I guess it all comes down to who do you believe!

And I ain't believing the Iranian Regime.

Firing on an unmanned aircraft is grounds for war?

I'm glad we didn't elect Republicans

ummm.. yes.. firing at a military aircraft of any kind when it's not in your airspace, is an act of war.

I totally agree it was an act of war. ... nobody is going to start a war because of that ... but it was an act of war!

The Iranian regime is testing the waters ... firt an unmanned drone, next a jet with an American pilot in it. :mad:

Should Iran test too far, they will fail...Simple as that....

American pilots flying in the area do! :mad:

You are dumber than can be described. If American pilots are shot at by Iran they will shoot down the Iranian planes. End of story.. But at least it would be a story. This is squeeling idiots like you crying over a non event.

ummm.. yes.. firing at a military aircraft of any kind when it's not in your airspace, is an act of war.

I totally agree it was an act of war. ... nobody is going to start a war because of that ... but it was an act of war!

The Iranian regime is testing the waters ... firt an unmanned drone, next a jet with an American pilot in it. :mad:

Should Iran test too far, they will fail...Simple as that....

Like I said in my first post, Iran is testing the waters! Who knows what they will do next!

I do not believe them either. Same games in the region with Iran beer muscled morons making veiled threats. If Iran was so sure they may have actually tried to hit the drone.

Then the pilots who go up against our pilots need to notify their next of kin before taking off.

Not to brag, but the U.S. Navy has the finest fighter pilots on the planet. I know, I was stationed with a squadron for 4 years.

Yeah, I should know too, they fly over my fucking head on almost a daily basis!!!!! (NAS Oceana) :lol:, I guarantee anyone here that they wouldn't let that hypothetical Iranian drone get within 50 miles of our airspace or Our shores.

I do not believe them either. Same games in the region with Iran beer muscled morons making veiled threats. If Iran was so sure they may have actually tried to hit the drone.

It was a very provocative, stupid and unnecessary act nevertheless!

So we need to wage war on Iran because of this?

I thought it was more like the Iranians handed us an engraved invitation to join them in a war: we have the 'invitation', but aren't automatically obligated to attend.......

Actually, I'm willing to believe that it was outside of territorial airspace. Why? Because back in the early 90's (during Desert Storm), we were coming through the Straits of Hormuz on the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69), and because Iran thought we were in their territory, they decided to send out some gun boats.

I was pissed because we went to a real General Quarters, and I had just gotten into my rack. However.............the GQ didn't last long, because they sent out the alert aircraft to greet them. They got buzzed once, and were told that if they didn't turn around, they'd be sunk.

They turned around.

Yeah.............Iran has a habit of being a bit sketchy about their borders.

I read about that incident. Nice going US Navy!

Even though I was pissed about the GQ, the descriptions the pilots gave about what the gunboats did was enough to keep me laughing through the rest of the cruise whenever I thought about it.

Funny thing............never heard from 'em after that.

I sailed as a civilian rep from Morehead City, NC to Rota, Spain on the USS Iwo Jima and we had a Russian trawler shadowing us. We were pre-flighting our chopper ( I flew twice a day with the Marine Corps CH-53D's) and we noticed the trawler was stopped dead in the water directly in our path. The Captain announced (I will paraphrase) All hands rig for collision and go to flank speed. That trawler threw up a rooster tail of water at least a hundred feet in the air getting out of our way.

I was Air Force, and I finally found out that the Navy really does have brass ones.

Rightwinger, I really love the whole Norton thing. I have the guy implanted in my mind. But my question is, don't ya' think they could have shot the thing down if they wanted? We're talking Russian jet technology. They were just jacking around with us...pulling our string and of course the media took the bait.

It was a very provocative, stupid and unnecessary act nevertheless!

Of course it was Iran has threatened the US in the recent past claiming they could reach US targets with missiles. The only thing that has come out of it is a bunch of threads on internet forums discussing the matter.

Forum List

Back