Abused Woman Lives in Fear of Ex

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP
Monroe, N.C. (June 2) - Heather Thompson's blackened and bloodied face has served as a warning to battered women in North Carolina. On a billboard and in brochures, she tells them they can get help.
Since her ex-husband used pliers and a broom handle and a belt to abuse her 15 years ago, leaving her with permanent disabilities, she's shuffled to high schools to counsel students and taught law enforcement officers about domestic violence.

But always, in the back of her head, was the vow Thomas Howard Price Jr. made in a letter from prison. On Friday he was released, and she began waiting for him to make good on his promise to kill her and her daughters.
"Is he coming today, is it going to be tomorrow?" she said before he was released last week. "Just the always wondering, always having to watch your every move and never knowing when he's going to show up."
Price walked out of a federal prison in South Carolina after serving 4 1/2 years of a five-year sentence for sending the letter, which began with the words, "Dear Slut." He penned the message during the slightly more than 10 years he served for beating Thompson in 1994.

Abused Woman

Why do we let people like this out of prison?

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP
Monroe, N.C. (June 2) - Heather Thompson's blackened and bloodied face has served as a warning to battered women in North Carolina. On a billboard and in brochures, she tells them they can get help.
Since her ex-husband used pliers and a broom handle and a belt to abuse her 15 years ago, leaving her with permanent disabilities, she's shuffled to high schools to counsel students and taught law enforcement officers about domestic violence.

But always, in the back of her head, was the vow Thomas Howard Price Jr. made in a letter from prison. On Friday he was released, and she began waiting for him to make good on his promise to kill her and her daughters.
"Is he coming today, is it going to be tomorrow?" she said before he was released last week. "Just the always wondering, always having to watch your every move and never knowing when he's going to show up."
Price walked out of a federal prison in South Carolina after serving 4 1/2 years of a five-year sentence for sending the letter, which began with the words, "Dear Slut." He penned the message during the slightly more than 10 years he served for beating Thompson in 1994.

Abused Woman

Let's ask Baltimore "brags about seeing Leno" Bob he has some interesting opinions about women...

Us Men care for our Women way more
then the Women care for us Men.
We're like a Meal Ticket to the Women.

In-fucking-credible.

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP

Abused Woman

That letter just might give her the idea to be very certain he doesn't make good on that promise.

No prison time fixes the violent nature of some men. Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

There's a whole lotta women in the USA hiding from abusive control freaking morons like this, folks.

Now this clown didn't just beat her, he tortured her.

Why do we let them out of prison? That's not the the question that I have when I read of incidents like these

I have to ask myself why do we suffer this sort of sick animal to live in the first place?

He should have been put down for torturing that woman.

It would have saved us all that dought wasted on his incarceration and saved her from every worrying about this monster returning to finish the job.

Prison's don't make people well, they make people like this even sicker.

no the question is why does society as a whole tolerate the abuse of a woman or a man in a "relationship". did she have no family...did she hide after being tortured? could she never call 911?
there are so many things i dont get about it..

why is he getting out? his term is over. simple as that...she can take out a ro but most likely he will kill her as soon as he can. he has had years to plan it.

okay okay here is what i dont get about "control freaks" there is a whole underground for ya out there...b & d....it is all consenting adults...you match your fetish or your desires and go for it....and get this....men more often than not in the land of b & d are not the control freaks..they are submissives for the most part. the more powerful the man in reality ...the faster one can bring him to his knees

Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

sorry doll but i dont agree....they just need to find the right person to hook up with but i see it from a whole different view...anyone who abuses a person who is not into it...needs help....that is what i dont get....there is this whole underground...and its not hard to find....power exchange clubs etc...devoted to b & d, you select the level you want to enter and how far yo u want to go.

Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

sorry doll but i dont agree....they just need to find the right person to hook up with but i see it from a whole different view...anyone who abuses a person who is not into it...needs help....that is what i dont get....there is this whole underground...and its not hard to find....power exchange clubs etc...devoted to b & d, you select the level you want to enter and how far yo u want to go.

I don't think this whole underground thing is good for anyone involved. They sometimes want all of this control but in reality, they don't have any control over how far they will go. Also, often, the sadist doesn't have the will or money to find someone who will get into it. They just lash out at whoever is available. It's easier.

Someone, somewhere will end up dead around people like this. He did torture her, he is a waste of air and space. There is a saying "he needed killing" in legal circles... He may be the one who ends up tortured himself or even dead. I would have no sympathy.

soon or later....its already happened...most accidents happen in suspension...80 % or so...then you got the things that just go wrong...a paid mistress around boston ...the guy has a friggin heart attack...she panics and instead of calling 911....she chopped him up and buried the parts....bad move...as hard as it seems to believe there are people who like to have their testicles stomped or spiked with high heels (would not be the time to point out..the type on echos' avatar, no i guess not) there are women who like to be branded...and yes it does get out of hand....but here's is a little secret...there are safe words..once said ...everything stops...only a true sadist would continue and they would be shunned in the b & d....its all based on trust...the safe word or the safe motion or simply the feeling things are not right...

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP

Abused Woman

That letter just might give her the idea to be very certain he doesn't make good on that promise.

No prison time fixes the violent nature of some men. Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

Men are not the only abusers, and physical abuse is not the only kind of abuse. No amount of psychiatric care has ever fixed any emotionally abusive and manipulative nature of some women I've known.

It's not a one-way street, and no, contrary to popular belief, physical abuse is no more devastating than emotional abuse. The latter is far more common, and is with few exceptions if any, ALWAYS the cause of the former.

I'm not excusing abuse by anyone for any reason. Abuse is wrong, period. It's just not as cut and dried simple as a lot of you would have it with "no prison time fixes the violent nature of some men." I've never seen ANYTHING "fix" the emotionally manipulative and abusive nature of some women."

Besides, this guy goes beyond being abusive. He's sadistic. Given his nature, he should have never been given a paltry 5 years for torturing this woman, nor let out at all. Some people just aren't fit to live in society with other people.

He needs a permanently embedded un-removable tracking device inserted in his rectum and she needs a very big GUN

Guys like this aren't into dominance and submission games, STroll.

They're into dominating and controlling victims.

Now the beating part, welll that's bad enough, but this guy TORTURED his woman.

He needs to be put down.

Because you know god damned well that he's not just a menace to that women, he's a menace to everyone he comes in contract with.

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP

Abused Woman

Men are not the only abusers, and physical abuse is not the only kind of abuse. No amount of psychiatric care has ever fixed any emotionally abusive and manipulative nature of some women I've known.

It's not a one-way street, and no, contrary to popular belief, physical abuse is no more devastating than emotional abuse. The latter is far more common, and is with few exceptions if any, ALWAYS the cause of the former.

I'm not excusing abuse by anyone for any reason. Abuse is wrong, period. It's just not as cut and dried simple as a lot of you would have it with "no prison time fixes the violent nature of some men." I've never seen ANYTHING "fix" the emotionally manipulative and abusive nature of some women."

Besides, this guy goes beyond being abusive. He's sadistic. Given his nature, he should have never been given a paltry 5 years for torturing this woman, nor let out at all. Some people just aren't fit to live in society with other people.

I knew someone would bring that up and it's all true, women are abusive physically and emotionally. Emotional abuse is as bad as physical abuse but they rarely goe to prison for it because there isn't any physical evidence that it happened.

If he must be out of prison, she is doing the right thing publicizing what happened, he might be less apt to go after her or anyone else because everyone will know it was him. It will help others to decide about whether to tell as well. I'm still sorry that it happened to her and that it happens everyday to someone.

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP

Abused Woman

I don't know. A member of my family was beaten and left for dead by her husband. Since he thought she was dead he started in on their dogs...she called 911. The cops caught him in the act of trying to kill her...he got three years as punishment.

Three years?!

Our society and our legal system is totally nuts.

The cops should have shot him in the act.

Now that would have served and protected our society

Most likely he will come after her. She needs to get good training, arm herself and put the threat down as soon as he shows his face. Our system failed this woman.

ed if you read the post i said he was a sadist who would be shunned in the b & d underground....and this is not the thread to discuss b & d

Forum List

Back