Abused Woman Lives in Fear of Ex

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by auditor0007, Jun 3, 2009.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP
    Monroe, N.C. (June 2) - Heather Thompson's blackened and bloodied face has served as a warning to battered women in North Carolina. On a billboard and in brochures, she tells them they can get help.
    Since her ex-husband used pliers and a broom handle and a belt to abuse her 15 years ago, leaving her with permanent disabilities, she's shuffled to high schools to counsel students and taught law enforcement officers about domestic violence.

But always, in the back of her head, was the vow Thomas Howard Price Jr. made in a letter from prison. On Friday he was released, and she began waiting for him to make good on his promise to kill her and her daughters.
    "Is he coming today, is it going to be tomorrow?" she said before he was released last week. "Just the always wondering, always having to watch your every move and never knowing when he's going to show up."
    Price walked out of a federal prison in South Carolina after serving 4 1/2 years of a five-year sentence for sending the letter, which began with the words, "Dear Slut." He penned the message during the slightly more than 10 years he served for beating Thompson in 1994.

Abused Woman

Why do we let people like this out of prison?

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Because our justice system is broken on the judge and prison levels.

3. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Let's ask Baltimore "brags about seeing Leno" Bob he has some interesting opinions about women...

In-fucking-credible.

4. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,039
    That letter just might give her the idea to be very certain he doesn't make good on that promise.

No prison time fixes the violent nature of some men. Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    There's a whole lotta women in the USA hiding from abusive control freaking morons like this, folks.

Now this clown didn't just beat her, he tortured her.

Why do we let them out of prison? That's not the the question that I have when I read of incidents like these

I have to ask myself why do we suffer this sort of sick animal to live in the first place?

He should have been put down for torturing that woman.

It would have saved us all that dought wasted on his incarceration and saved her from every worrying about this monster returning to finish the job.

Prison's don't make people well, they make people like this even sicker.

6. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    Why do we let people like this out of prison?

no the question is why does society as a whole tolerate the abuse of a woman or a man in a "relationship". did she have no family...did she hide after being tortured? could she never call 911?
    there are so many things i dont get about it..

why is he getting out? his term is over. simple as that...she can take out a ro but most likely he will kill her as soon as he can. he has had years to plan it.

7. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    okay okay here is what i dont get about "control freaks" there is a whole underground for ya out there...b & d....it is all consenting adults...you match your fetish or your desires and go for it....and get this....men more often than not in the land of b & d are not the control freaks..they are submissives for the most part. the more powerful the man in reality ...the faster one can bring him to his knees

8. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.

sorry doll but i dont agree....they just need to find the right person to hook up with but i see it from a whole different view...anyone who abuses a person who is not into it...needs help....that is what i dont get....there is this whole underground...and its not hard to find....power exchange clubs etc...devoted to b & d, you select the level you want to enter and how far yo u want to go.

9. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,039

I don't think this whole underground thing is good for anyone involved. They sometimes want all of this control but in reality, they don't have any control over how far they will go. Also, often, the sadist doesn't have the will or money to find someone who will get into it. They just lash out at whoever is available. It's easier.

Someone, somewhere will end up dead around people like this. He did torture her, he is a waste of air and space. There is a saying "he needed killing" in legal circles... He may be the one who ends up tortured himself or even dead. I would have no sympathy.

10. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    soon or later....its already happened...most accidents happen in suspension...80 % or so...then you got the things that just go wrong...a paid mistress around boston ...the guy has a friggin heart attack...she panics and instead of calling 911....she chopped him up and buried the parts....bad move...as hard as it seems to believe there are people who like to have their testicles stomped or spiked with high heels (would not be the time to point out..the type on echos' avatar, no i guess not) there are women who like to be branded...and yes it does get out of hand....but here's is a little secret...there are safe words..once said ...everything stops...only a true sadist would continue and they would be shunned in the b & d....its all based on trust...the safe word or the safe motion or simply the feeling things are not right...