Abused Woman Lives in Fear of Ex

I couldnt imagine getting much sleep knowing that some psychopath is probably actively searching me out at that very moment.

After awhile one would think shed get tired of the paranoia and search him out and kill HIM. I'd have no problem with it.

Wouldn't you think that this woman would have a few rednecks in her family that could uh..uh.. deter.. this type of behavior from this guy? You know, someone to remind him that there are consequences for beating and torturing their daughter, sister or cousin. HMM.. Maybe that's just how it works in MY family.

Wouldn't you think that this woman would have a few rednecks in her family that could uh..uh.. deter.. this type of behavior from this guy? You know, someone to remind him that there are consequences for beating and torturing their daughter, sister or cousin. HMM.. Maybe that's just how it works in MY family.

One would think.

Ha, if it were one of my family members, the dude would disappear. Thats for damn sure, the rest of us would see to it.

We have many hiding places :tongue:

He needs a permanently embedded un-removable tracking device inserted in his rectum and she needs a very big GUN

She doesn't need a big gun as much as she needs a lethal gun.

She will need to be able to use it and use it quickly...in fact, her daughters may need to use it.

By MARTHA WAGGONER, AP
Monroe, N.C. (June 2) - Heather Thompson's blackened and bloodied face has served as a warning to battered women in North Carolina. On a billboard and in brochures, she tells them they can get help.
Since her ex-husband used pliers and a broom handle and a belt to abuse her 15 years ago, leaving her with permanent disabilities, she's shuffled to high schools to counsel students and taught law enforcement officers about domestic violence.

But always, in the back of her head, was the vow Thomas Howard Price Jr. made in a letter from prison. On Friday he was released, and she began waiting for him to make good on his promise to kill her and her daughters.
"Is he coming today, is it going to be tomorrow?" she said before he was released last week. "Just the always wondering, always having to watch your every move and never knowing when he's going to show up."
Price walked out of a federal prison in South Carolina after serving 4 1/2 years of a five-year sentence for sending the letter, which began with the words, "Dear Slut." He penned the message during the slightly more than 10 years he served for beating Thompson in 1994.

Abused Woman

Why do we let people like this out of prison?

That letter just might give her the idea to be very certain he doesn't make good on that promise.

No prison time fixes the violent nature of some men. Anyone that abusive needs very seious psychiatric help and even that doesn't always work unless he wants it.
No, what she needs is a 357 Magnum loaded and ready to rock and roll at any given moment. This psycho needs to be taken out.

One would think.

Ha, if it were one of my family members, the dude would disappear. Thats for damn sure, the rest of us would see to it.

We have many hiding places :tongue:

Same here.

This man has not only threatened her life and the lives of her children from behind bars in a letter but continues to control her by having her live in fear of when he is going to attack her next. I believe her fears are perfectly reasonable and I hope he violates his probation and ends up back in prison where he belongs.

This man has not only threatened her life and the lives of her children from behind bars in a letter but continues to control her by having her live in fear of when he is going to attack her next. I believe her fears are perfectly reasonable and I hope he violates

One would think, a sane society would recognize that threatening your former victim's life would already be a violation of probation, wouldn't one?

Now had the guy been growing enough hemp he'd never get out of the slams, but our society is, as I so often note, completely bonkers.

Beating and torturing your wife, and then threatening to finish off the job when you get out of prison is small potatoes?

If we're getting the whole story here (and I suspect we probably are) then this society's value system needs a serious regrooving.

Price walked out of a federal prison in South Carolina after serving 4 1/2 years of a five-year sentence for sending the letter, which began with the words, "Dear Slut." He penned the message during the slightly more than 10 years he served for beating Thompson in 1994.

The way this paragraph reads it would seem to me that he got slightly more than 10 years for the beating (torture) and served 4 1/2 years of a five year sentence for sending the letter.

Does anyone else read it that way? He was actually charged 5 years with sending threats through the mail?

I found a website that clarified the charges
" While still in NC State Prison custody, Thomas H. Price, Jr is found guilty of "Mailing Threatening Communication" in Federal Court.
- Federal sentence of 5 yrs to run consecutive to State sentence of 24 yrs. "
Timeline of Abuse

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy of the Dear slut letter he sent from prison
Related Pictures

He has had 15 years to think things over. 10 years in state, 5 years in federal. He probably spent a lot of that time in solitary, as jerks like that aren't liked much by the general prison population either.

While I have no problem with the concept of capital punishment for what he did to her (Not that it would have been possible) I also think he may have mellowed out a bit.

He would have had a long chat with the probation officer. They will be watching this one.

But there is the truth that jails don't actually do any good long term, they just keep the bad ones in cages, till they can be let loose to prey on the next victim before they are caged up again for a short while.

He has had 15 years to think things over. 10 years in state, 5 years in federal. He probably spent a lot of that time in solitary, as jerks like that aren't liked much by the general prison population either.

While I have no problem with the concept of capital punishment for what he did to her (Not that it would have been possible) I also think he may have mellowed out a bit.

He would have had a long chat with the probation officer. They will be watching this one.

But there is the truth that jails don't actually do any good long term, they just keep the bad ones in cages, till they can be let loose to prey on the next victim before they are caged up again for a short while.

Actually I think the probabtion department is most likely understaffed to watch this one as closely as they would like to. So ten to one if he is that obsessed he will find a way. 10 years in prison and then writing a letter of threats, tells me this man has been planning revenge and blaming her for his miserable life in prison. Which makes him more dangerous, and not less. What she needs to do is prepare herself for when he does. Her and her children. And shoot to kill when he even comes close to her.

Some states now have a tracking program for these type of people. Where a GPS ankle braclet is required to be worn, and the perp is made to wear it... and if he/she even get close to their victim they are arrested and put away for parole violation. However, they are finding it to be too expensive to continue and are dropping it. Which is sad.

Forum List

Back