Abortion is murder

And for the second time those are opinions of folks who can be countered by scores of others.
Ok, Jake, where are your experts who claim that a new human being is not created at conception. Here are mine.

“Your baby starts out as a fertilized egg…For the first six weeks, the baby is called an embryo.” Prenatal Care, US Department of Health and Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Div 1990

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.” Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

Shettles, Landrum, M.D., Rorvik, David, Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth, page 36, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1983 “… Conception confers life and makes you one of a kind. Unless you have an identical twin, there is virtually no chance, in the natural course of things, that there will be “another you” – not even if mankind were to persist for billions of years.”

From Newsweek November 12, 1973: “Human life begins when the ovum is fertilized and the new combined cell mass begins to divide.” Dr. Jasper Williams, Former President of the National Medical Association (p 74)

And for the second time those are opinions of folks who can be countered by scores of others.
Ok, Jake, where are your experts who claim that a new human being is not created at conception. Here are mine.

“The formation, maturation and meeting of a male and female sex cell are all preliminary to their actual union into a combined cell, or zygote, which definitely marks the beginning of a new individual. The penetration of the ovum by the spermatozoon, and the coming together and pooling of their respective nuclei, constitutes the process of fertilization.” Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition space (Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974), 55

The Biology of Prenatal Develpment, National Geographic, 2006. (Video) “Biologically speaking, human development begins at fertilization."

In the Womb, National Geographic, 2005 (Prenatal Development Video) “The two cells gradually and gracefully become one. This is the moment of conception, when an individual’s unique set of DNA is created, a human signature that never existed before and will never be repeated.”

“The formation, maturation and meeting of a male and female sex cell are all preliminary to their actual union into a combined cell, or zygote, which definitely marks the beginning of a new individual. The penetration of the ovum by the spermatozoon, and the coming together and pooling of their respective nuclei, constitutes the process of fertilization.” Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition space (Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974), 55

The Biology of Prenatal Develpment, National Geographic, 2006. (Video) “Biologically speaking, human development begins at fertilization."

In the Womb, National Geographic, 2005 (Prenatal Development Video) “The two cells gradually and gracefully become one. This is the moment of conception, when an individual’s unique set of DNA is created, a human signature that never existed before and will never be repeated.”
None of that matters, ding. You don't have the law, you don't have the research, and you only have fakery and mirrors.

Have you had enough yet, Jake. At what point are you going to realize that the scientific evidence is overwhelming that a new life is created at conception. One would have thought that the DNA evidence would have been good enough to convince any rational objective person. Not you though. You are sticking to your guns in the face of an overwhelming avalanche of scientific evidence. You are like the guy who shows up at a gun fight with nothing more than a talleywhacker. While that may make for a few laughs, it is hardly the kind of ammunition you should bring to the fight. When I asked you for YOUR evidence which YOU said you had, what did you do? You crawfished and said, it's been posted before. You can't even summarize it. Your argument has been weighed and measured and found to be lacking.

Abortion is morally wrong, no doubt in my mind. Abortion is between the person and their maker. I know where I stand and that is what matters. What others want to do is their business, but I can still offer an opinion.

“Your baby starts out as a fertilized egg…For the first six weeks, the baby is called an embryo.” Prenatal Care, US Department of Health and Human Services, Maternal and Child Health Div 1990

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.” Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

Shettles, Landrum, M.D., Rorvik, David, Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth, page 36, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1983 “… Conception confers life and makes you one of a kind. Unless you have an identical twin, there is virtually no chance, in the natural course of things, that there will be “another you” – not even if mankind were to persist for billions of years.”

From Newsweek November 12, 1973: “Human life begins when the ovum is fertilized and the new combined cell mass begins to divide.” Dr. Jasper Williams, Former President of the National Medical Association (p 74)
Which one of these is a human being and which are not? the_human_being doesn't know. Do you?

vzv7va.jpg

Which one of these is a human being and which are not? the_human_being doesn't know. Do you?

vzv7va.jpg

The Human could care less about your little photos. Go play with your dolly.

Translation: You're right, DW. I don't have a fucking clue nor do I care. I'm sticking to my opinion that a full walking, talking, thinking human being is formed at conception so go fuck yourself and your science.

An expected answer from someone who is mostly emotion and very little intellect.

The fact remains a zygote, even a human zygote, is not a human being. It's a single cell with the potential to be a human being. Potential is not the same as the actual thing. If someone cut down a tree in your front yard, I doubt you'd be satisfied with them handing you a seed from the same tree and calling it even because, obviously, they are not the same thing.

Translation: You're right, DW. I don't have a fucking clue nor do I care. I'm sticking to my opinion that a full walking, talking, thinking human being is formed at conception so go fuck yourself and your science.

An expected answer from someone who is mostly emotion and very little intellect.

The fact remains a zygote, even a human zygote, is not a human being. It's a single cell with the potential to be a human being. Potential is not the same as the actual thing. If someone cut down a tree in your front yard, I doubt you'd be satisfied with them handing you a seed from the same tree and calling it even because, obviously, they are not the same thing.

Actually, I find you a mite ignorant to converse with.

Of course you do. How else would you react? Certainly not with truth, respect or anything else expected of a true "war hero".

Of course you do. How else would you react? Certainly not with truth, respect or anything else expected of a true "war hero".

Why would I show respect for you when I have no respect for you? I am not a liar as you are.

Why would I show respect for you when I have no respect for you? I am not a liar as you are.
Thanks for proving my point. Disagreed. Please point to one lie I've told. If you can't, then are you man enough to admit you are the liar? I strongly doubt it since cowards rarely admit error...they just run from the truth.

Abortion is morally wrong, no doubt in my mind. Abortion is between the person and their maker. I know where I stand and that is what matters. What others want to do is their business, but I can still offer an opinion.
Thank you. I agree.

If abortion were murder, it would be punishable as murder. It's not. Abortion is legal, murder is not.

of course abortion is murder, that's the whole point, to kill the baby. why else would they do it?
Republicans, so worried about the fetus. Will giggle at a starving baby.

They got a real kick out of this:

Trump Once Cut Off Medical Care For Sick Infant To Spite the Parents
Such is the inconsistent conservative.

For most on the right ‘abortion’ is a wedge issue, a political weapon, and a partisan contrivance used as red meat for the base.

Thank you. I agree.
Do you also agree executing prisoners is morally wrong? How about attacking enemies where we know there will be "collateral" damage?

Forum List

Back