Abortion access threatened

What people are these?

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.
No, I don't find that strange at all. In fact, if every fetus were to turn into a human being that lived an average life span and procreated the environment, and thus the future of our species, would be in grave danger. Get back to to when there is a shortage of fetuses and then I will be concerned about them.

Liar.

What people are these?

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.
No, I don't find that strange at all. In fact, if every fetus were to turn into a human being that lived an average life span and procreated the environment, and thus the future of our species, would be in grave danger. Get back to to when there is a shortage of fetuses and then I will be concerned about them.

Wow. You actually state here that you are in favor of killing human beings for the good of the human race.

And you criticize us when we say people like you want to make decisions about an elderlly persons healthcare and when they die or not? You would rather that person just die and get out of the way I am betting.

You are a sick individual.

From scaring children with signs to scaring them with guns and real violence ... I wonder how long.

I support the right of someone to get an abortion, but your accusation of protesters purposely setting out to scare little children is dishonest, as you already know, and detracts from your credibility.

Wow. You actually state here that you are in favor of killing human beings for the good of the human race.

And you criticize us when we say people like you want to make decisions about an elderlly persons healthcare and when they die or not? You would rather that person just die and get out of the way I am betting.

His opinion is not atypical to radical environmentalists. They believe humans are a disease on the planet and there are too many people consuming the resources. Its a common theme you'll find among them.

From scaring children with signs to scaring them with guns and real violence ... I wonder how long.

I support the right of someone to get an abortion, but your accusation of protesters purposely setting out to scare little children is dishonest, as you already know, and detracts from your credibility.

Are you just as concerned about little children being scared in school about global warming?

Didn't think so.

Liar.
:eusa_liar:

Liar.

You don't see the unborn as human anything so if there was a shortage of unborn why would you give a shit?

So, it looks like people are fine with little children being made to walk past signs showing gruesome photos of doctored up fetuses and people dressed as the Grim Reaper. Whatever it takes to shut down a medical clinic performing a legal and necessary procedure as part of it's overall service to the community.

If a few kids get shot in the crossfire when the next doctor killer crawls out of the woodwork, no big deal. These are living children after all. Who would care about them? They are just future sluts and prostutes. No skin off our snouts.

I saw a news show last week on PBS (I know that means an automatic discredit for some) about two young women seeking abortion in Pennsylvania. One was unmarried and did not want to become a single mother. She could not pay the price of an abortion, $500. , and was afraid to go another month behind in her rent. She thought she was going to miss the the cut off date for an abortion because she had been trying for 6 weeks to raise the money. At the 11th hour the money came through from a private donor. She was very relieved.

The second was a married woman who already had 3 kids. She was in the same situation in that it she had no insurance and was finding it difficult to raise the money in time. I don't recall if she found a donor or was able to borrow the money but she did get her abortion.

I thought both were very brave to agree to be interviewed on TV. It shows that despite these stalkers and protesters, many women are not ashamed anymore to make a choice and stand by it. Their major hurdle is finding a clinic or a doctor where they can get an abortion and then finding the means to pay for it. If clinics continue to close and doctors continue to be harassed and frightened out of performing safe, legal abortions, abortion services will go underground as they have done in other countries such as Haiti and Ireland where abortion is illegal.

Nice work, protesters!!

Where were the baby's daddies? Why weren't they taking precautions? Why should others be expected to oay for their irresponsibility?

Oh right. They were prob in that .1 percent birth control failure rate.

Once upon a time there was someone who could not pay their rent...

Everyone has a sob story.

So, it looks like people are fine with little children being made to walk past signs showing gruesome photos of doctored up fetuses and people dressed as the Grim Reaper. Whatever it takes to shut down a medical clinic performing a legal and necessary procedure as part of it's overall service to the community.

If a few kids get shot in the crossfire when the next doctor killer crawls out of the woodwork, no big deal. These are living children after all. Who would care about them? They are just future sluts and prostutes. No skin off our snouts.

yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

I saw a news show last week on PBS (I know that means an automatic discredit for some) about two young women seeking abortion in Pennsylvania. One was unmarried and did not want to become a single mother. She could not pay the price of an abortion, $500. , and was afraid to go another month behind in her rent. She thought she was going to miss the the cut off date for an abortion because she had been trying for 6 weeks to raise the money. At the 11th hour the money came through from a private donor. She was very relieved.

The second was a married woman who already had 3 kids. She was in the same situation in that it she had no insurance and was finding it difficult to raise the money in time. I don't recall if she found a donor or was able to borrow the money but she did get her abortion.

I thought both were very brave to agree to be interviewed on TV. It shows that despite these stalkers and protesters, many women are not ashamed anymore to make a choice and stand by it. Their major hurdle is finding a clinic or a doctor where they can get an abortion and then finding the means to pay for it. If clinics continue to close and doctors continue to be harassed and frightened out of performing safe, legal abortions, abortion services will go underground as they have done in other countries such as Haiti and Ireland where abortion is illegal.

Nice work, protesters!!

almost all medical/psych clinics will work with people and put them on a payment plan.

fail

Where were the baby's daddies? Why weren't they taking precautions? Why should others be expected to oay for their irresponsibility?

Oh right. They were prob in that .1 percent birth control failure rate.

Once upon a time there was someone who could not pay their rent...

Everyone has a sob story.
1% birth control failure rate? That happened to a friend of mine living in Connecticut. She was 40, married since she was 23, never had an unplanned for pregnancy and financially well off. She did not want to risk pregnancy at that age so her doctor gave here several referrals to GYNs in private practice so she could a nice quiet abortion in a doctor's office that was not surrounded by crazy people shouting stuff at her. To her dismay not one of these GYNs would even see her. A couple outright denied they performed abortions. Finally someone explained to her that these GYNs are so afraid of giving abortions to other than regular patients due to fear of imposters and harassment that they turn anyone away who they do not treat regularly, regardless of referrals.

My friend had to come up to Boston to get her abortion. Just in the nick of time. Thw wait and uncertainty was so nerve wracking for her that her husband got snipped.

So this sort of thing is not just happening to low income single disadvantaged young women. It's happening to all kinds of women in all kinds of circumstances.

Chanel, you can make snide remarks but don't be surprised to find someone you know in the same situation someday. If they dare confide in you, knowing your opinions.

Nice work, protesters!!

almost all medical/psych clinics will work with people and put them on a payment plan.

fail

So you are saying PBS did not report truthfully? Perhaps the clinic would have offered her a payment plan if the donor had not come through? This was PA not MA.

I'm not familiar with any stories of people being "shot up" lately, but I am familiar with two abortion centers that only perform abortions on Saturdays. Protestors gather there on that day only. They do not bother little kids walking to school.

Don't these "grim reapers" have jobs?

The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said.

Damn!

That free market sure is a bitch ay!

Forum List

Back