Abortion access threatened

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
The clinic’s owner, Dr. Laurent Delli-Bovi, has said that Women’s Health Services needed to relocate to Harvard Street because it could no longer afford the rent in Chestnut Hill.

The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said.

Brookline police said they would be keeping a close eye on the area where Women’s Health Services reopened. In 1994, two women were killed at two abortion clinics in Brookline.

But in this case, Brother said she believed she was in the safest neighborhood in the town because of the noticeable police presence.

read more at :
Antiabortion demonstrators picket Brookline clinic opening - The Boston Globe

Are you surprised to hear this sort of thing is happening in the Liberal North East?
Will abortion eventually become inaccessible anywhere in the US due to pressure from anti-abortion groups and locals who fear them?

BROOKLINE - When he walked his child to preschool yesterday morning, Brookline resident David Gray passed several antiabortion protesters on Harvard Street who had signs with photos of fetuses and one that said, “Thou shall not kill.’’

So after Gray left his child at school for the day, he walked up to the demonstrators and asked that they refrain from holding up signs with graphic images that could scare young children.

“I asked them if they are going to be out here to think about the children who go to school here every day and think about the pictures they show,’’ Gray said.

But Gray and dozens of other parents who can be seen walking hand-in-hand with their children on the way to school in Brookline Village every morning might have to get used to the sight of antiabortion demonstrations.

It appears these protesters are proving it's true that anti-abortion activists care nothing for real, living children.

There are those who see the unborn as real, living children too. They care equally for the unborn as they do for the born. Freaks.

What's funny is that the same people who argue against oil drilling, and wind power farms, etc, because it "kills living things", are the people who argue for killing a living thing inside a womb because it's inconvenient.

Actually, that's not really funny. It's pathetic.

What's funny is that the same people who argue against oil drilling, and wind power farms, etc, because it "kills living things", are the people who argue for killing a living thing inside a womb because it's inconvenient.

What people are these?

Are you surprised to hear this sort of thing is happening in the Liberal North East?
Will abortion eventually become inaccessible anywhere in the US due to pressure from anti-abortion groups and locals who fear them?

Inaccessible? The abortion clinic moved to a new location and is accessible to who ever wants to get an abortion.

Inaccessible? The abortion clinic moved to a new location and is accessible to who ever wants to get an abortion.
Read the article then try and find a legitimate point to make.

Read the article then try and find a legitimate point to make.

I did.

The rent went up, the clinic moved to a new location. People don't like it so they protest. Waaaa. Pro-abortion types don't like the protesters; the protesters don't like the abortion clinic.

Standing outside her preschool and watching protesters yesterday morning, Ina Brother, executive director of the Little Corner Schoolhouse at 110 Harvard St., said it appeared that people were walking past the demonstrators without paying them any attention.

It helps to read slowly, Boink.

"The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said."

I guess you are okay with the protesters scaring real, living children.

It helps to read slowly, Boink.

"The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said."

I guess you are okay with the protesters scaring real, living children.

So? Whether it openly advertises abortion or not . . . someone wants an abortion and calls the clinic they gonna get turned away?

Not advertising that they perform abortions does not mean that the clinic doesn't provide abortions.

Don't fear, many unborn will still be killed by abortions in this country.

What do you want, the protesters to go away?

Last edited:
From scaring children with signs to scaring them with guns and real violence ... I wonder how long.

What people are these?

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.

What people are these?

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.
No, I don't find that strange at all. In fact, if every fetus were to turn into a human being that lived an average life span and procreated the environment, and thus the future of our species, would be in grave danger. Get back to to when there is a shortage of fetuses and then I will be concerned about them.

Has this clinic moved to the Moon now? I guess with Obama withdrawing funding from NASA, that would make the clinic inassessible.

Outrageous. People protesting things they disagree with. How unAmerican of them.

Forum List

Back