Abortion access threatened

Are you just as concerned about little children being scared in school about global warming?

Didn't think so.

You didn't think at all; that's the problem.

I am very much opposed to the Al Gore brainwashing children are receiving in schools across the country. I do not support the theory of man made climate change.

So, it looks like people are fine with little children being made to walk past signs showing gruesome photos of doctored up fetuses and people dressed as the Grim Reaper.

Who is making them do it?

You have nothing but ad hominem claims and they cast you in a very dim light. Stop wasting our time.

I'm not familiar with any stories of people being "shot up" lately, but I am familiar with two abortion centers that only perform abortions on Saturdays. Protestors gather there on that day only. They do not bother little kids walking to school.

Don't these "grim reapers" have jobs?
You didn't hear about the guy who was just on trial?

I'm sure there are respectful anti-abortion protesters who are not offensive or disruptive. I am not against public protest seeing as I do it myself for my own pet causes.

On this same show they interviewed the doctor who performed the women's abortions. She said even her home was picketed everyday of the week even at night. She said they had to keep the curtains closed most of the time becasue she felt like a target, especially after dark.

There are protesters and then there are protesters. Fortunately there are brave women and brave doctors still out there. I hope we will always have the brave doctors and enough of them too.

So, it looks like people are fine with little children being made to walk past signs showing gruesome photos of doctored up fetuses and people dressed as the Grim Reaper.

Who is making them do it?

You have nothing but ad hominem claims and they cast you in a very dim light. Stop wasting our time.
Bro, you done tazed your brain a few too many times.

The clinic’s owner, Dr. Laurent Delli-Bovi, has said that Women’s Health Services needed to relocate to Harvard Street because it could no longer afford the rent in Chestnut Hill.
See no problem here.

The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said.
More clinics equal more access? Is demand down?

Brookline police said they would be keeping a close eye on the area where Women’s Health Services reopened. In 1994, two women were killed at two abortion clinics in Brookline.

But in this case, Brother said she believed she was in the safest neighborhood in the town because of the noticeable police presence.
l]
Safety and access are linked, sure. But why here?
Is the affordability of rent linked to safety?

If teen pregnancy is up, unemployment is up, and access to abortion is getting more difficult, then perhaps more women will choose adoption. There could be a silver lining here. Childless couples might have some hope.

The clinic’s owner, Dr. Laurent Delli-Bovi, has said that Women’s Health Services needed to relocate to Harvard Street because it could no longer afford the rent in Chestnut Hill.
See no problem here.

The clinic is one of only a dozen left in the state that openly advertises it will perform abortions, said Andrea Miller, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

That number is down from 17 in 2002, according to a NARAL study released last fall, and the drop is indicative of a nationwide decline in access to clinics that provide abortions, Miller said.
More clinics equal more access? Is demand down?

Brookline police said they would be keeping a close eye on the area where Women’s Health Services reopened. In 1994, two women were killed at two abortion clinics in Brookline.

But in this case, Brother said she believed she was in the safest neighborhood in the town because of the noticeable police presence.
l]
Safety and access are linked, sure. But why here?
Is the affordability of rent linked to safety?
Demand is down, but access continues to be a problem. I knew this was a big problem in poorer states such as South Dakota and Mississippi. I am concerned to see the problm of limited access increasing in my own state which is considered to be one of the wealthier liberal states. If my well off friend in CT had to go out of state to get an abortion, then you can be pretty certain things are even more desperate in SD and Miss. With the way the Dems are throwing hard earned reproductive rights under the bus, I worry that the unimaginable may already be happening. By use of political pressure from religious groups, harassment and death threats and other means more and more roadblocks ar being thrown up in front of women wishing to do responsible family planning. At some point the road may be blocked altogether as it is in some other countries.

If teen pregnancy is up, unemployment is up, and access to abortion is getting more difficult, then perhaps more women will choose adoption. There could be a silver lining here. Childless couples might have some hope.
What a way to get someone to birth a child for you!!

Do childless couples have trouble adopting now? Have we run out of orphans?

Demand is down, but access continues to be a problem.

I knew this was a big problem in poorer states such as South Dakota and Mississippi.

I am concerned to see the problm of limited access increasing in my own state which is considered to be one of the wealthier liberal states.

If my well off friend in CT had to go out of state to get an abortion, then you can be pretty certain things are even more desperate in SD and Miss.
Access is always an issue. Access to most medical facilities is difficult when a procedure is elective. I don't know what this all has to do with linking demand and access and safety.

I believe in abortion on demand, even though I am a bit put off by the procedure itself. Same way I am out off by colonoscopies. :eusa_whistle:

With the way the Dems are throwing hard earned reproductive rights under the bus, I worry that the unimaginable may already be happening.

By use of political pressure from religious groups, harassment and death threats and other means more and more roadblocks ar being thrown up in front of women wishing to do responsible family planning. At some point the road may be blocked altogether as it is in some other countries.
The Democrats cannot throw rights under a bus, unless they enact laws to do so.

Your points here are tinged with alarmist rhetoric which never wins people over. Women who wish to do responsible family planning have the options of birth control which includes keeping one's legs closed. At some point, if one is planning a family one must consider all angles. I understand sexuality and it's consequences, so I am not blaming the woman for unplanned pregnancies, but when things are framed as 'family planning' the door is left open.

So, it looks like people are fine with little children being made to walk past signs showing gruesome photos of doctored up fetuses and people dressed as the Grim Reaper. Whatever it takes to shut down a medical clinic performing a legal and necessary procedure as part of it's overall service to the community.

If a few kids get shot in the crossfire when the next doctor killer crawls out of the woodwork, no big deal. These are living children after all. Who would care about them? They are just future sluts and prostutes. No skin off our snouts.

This is almost as rediculous as listening to a German Nazi in 1946 complain there aren't enough death camps to legally kill Jews.

Yes, we have. Why do you think so many people go out of the country?

* Less than 3% of white unmarried women and less than 2% of Black unmarried women. (Mosher and Bachrach, 1996)
* Of Black women with premarital births,
From 1952 to 1972, 1.5% placed their children for adoption.
From 1973 to 1981, this percentage fell to .2%
From 1982 to 1988, it rose to 1.1%.

* Of White women with premarital births,
From 1952 to 1972, 19.3% placed their children for adoption.
From 1973 to 1981, this percentage fell to 7.6%.
From 1982 to 1988, it fell further to 3.2%. (Bachrach, Stolley, London, 1992)

Adoption Statistics: Placing Children

This is almost as rediculous as listening to a German Nazi in 1946 complain there aren't enough death camps to legally kill Jews.

trollometer8.jpg

This is nothing but a supply and demand issue.
Follow the money. If there is money to be made in it, it will be done.

Demand is down, but access continues to be a problem.

I knew this was a big problem in poorer states such as South Dakota and Mississippi.

I am concerned to see the problm of limited access increasing in my own state which is considered to be one of the wealthier liberal states.

If my well off friend in CT had to go out of state to get an abortion, then you can be pretty certain things are even more desperate in SD and Miss.
Access is always an issue. Access to most medical facilities is difficult when a procedure is elective. I don't know what this all has to do with linking demand and access and safety.

I believe in abortion on demand, even though I am a bit put off by the procedure itself. Same way I am out off by colonoscopies. :eusa_whistle:

That's kind of gross but I see your point... :lol:. Expect abuse for that one.
With the way the Dems are throwing hard earned reproductive rights under the bus, I worry that the unimaginable may already be happening.

By use of political pressure from religious groups, harassment and death threats and other means more and more roadblocks ar being thrown up in front of women wishing to do responsible family planning. At some point the road may be blocked altogether as it is in some other countries.
The Democrats cannot throw rights under a bus, unless they enact laws to do so.

Your points here are tinged with alarmist rhetoric which never wins people over. Women who wish to do responsible family planning have the options of birth control which includes keeping one's legs closed. At some point, if one is planning a family one must consider all angles. I understand sexuality and it's consequences, so I am not blaming the woman for unplanned pregnancies, but when things are framed as 'family planning' the door is left open.

So you don't like the term "family planning" when used to refer to abortion. Fair enough, the door is left open, as you say, but it is indeed part of the whole family planning array of options even if it's the last and final option of choice.

I don't think it is being alarmist to present actual cases and to note that the Dems are more willing these days to support candidates who are anti-choice in exchange for other desirable positions on other issues. I know you love your Democratic Party but I don't think it does anyone any good to get complacent.

Yes, we have. Why do you think so many people go out of the country?

* Less than 3% of white unmarried women and less than 2% of Black unmarried women. (Mosher and Bachrach, 1996)
* Of Black women with premarital births,
From 1952 to 1972, 1.5% placed their children for adoption.
From 1973 to 1981, this percentage fell to .2%
From 1982 to 1988, it rose to 1.1%.

* Of White women with premarital births,
From 1952 to 1972, 19.3% placed their children for adoption.
From 1973 to 1981, this percentage fell to 7.6%.
From 1982 to 1988, it fell further to 3.2%. (Bachrach, Stolley, London, 1992)
Adoption Statistics: Placing Children
People go out of the country because they want infants. There are plenty of older children and children with disabilities who need foster care and parents. If there are childen out of the country who need homes why ruin their chances by forcing homegrown baby production?

This is nothing but a supply and demand issue.
Follow the money. If there is money to be made in it, it will be done.
Yes, the adoption industry is a money maker for the brokers. Selling babies can get you a comfortable income. Even when you sell your own.

Forum List

Back