A Young Woman Stoned for Adultery

There's no such thing as a registered hate group, moron.

And don't be cutting out the vid cos you're afraid people will see the truth. Here ya go again, little lady....

Ooops, I just slicced out the Hate Video again... Wow. You see. Cutting out Zionist Lies is easy.

What kind of fucking moron lives next to people who want to kill them?

The same kind of moron who thinks that there's a magic man in the sky who loves them the very best despite history showing the oppossite.

JoeB is just another racist bigot and sociopath, so naturally he isn't interested in reality to any extent worth mentioning. He merely pretends to be 'all about humanity and peace n stuff', like most of the rest of the faux 'peace left', but they are phonies, and their main hobby is racism and bigotry. .Whitey, Jooos, and Xians are their current hate focuses; it's all about those for these psychos. The Pop sociology fads currently target those demographics, they sell the most books and speaking gigs for 'academics' and the political hacks who control Democratic Party machines in places like south Chicago, LA, and NYC, etc.

Guy, I think you are confused. I could give a two shits about "peace and humanity". I'm a realist.

I just don't think we need to keep pissing away lives and treasure because the Zionists think their Magic Sky Pixie loves them the very best, or the Christians think we need to prop them up so Jesus can come back. Because that's kind of stupid.

You show me a war that is in America's interest, I will support it. I served in the US Army for 11 years, and not all of them were good ones.

Throwing away American lives so the Zionists can live their religious fantasies or because you want to drive your big old SUV that gets 2 miles to the gallon isn't a good reason.

The "reality" is that you know nothing and are very proud to display it. I don't waste my time trying to educate someone who enjoys their ignorant state.....;)

you seem unable to face the simple fact that Luke never met Jesus----- and had he--
he would not be able to understand a single word Jesus said----

You are delusional. First of all, I have never even mentioned Luke other than to say that the writers of the NT lived and were around during the time of Jesus.

You really have no proof that Luke never met Jesus. Luke may not have been one of the original 12 disciples, but his writings are based on reliable sources (mostly Paul). He was a close companion of Paul (Saul) who was actually an enemy of Jesus until his encounter with Jesus on the way to Damascus. Jesus sent out 72 disciples to preach his word.....and Luke could very well have been among them. And the point I was making was that they all lived during the time of Jesus unlike your source which didn't come about until 325 AD, so quit making up shit and then acting as if I said it.

I understand your POV----you carry the family legacy of the shit who lived off LIBELS----like the
blood in matzoh church crap, the excuse your kith and kin used to slaughter
hundreds of thousands. You cannot address the FACT that the shit of your
church STILL INSIST that jews could not execute people -----but then throw crap like "stone the adultress" into your "bible" You are really dim----the key to your
stupidity is right there on the pages of the NT ------read it sometime. It is a very interesting book if you understand what you are actually reading BTW----if jews could stone people------HOW COME SANHEDRIN REFUSED TO ISSUE AN ORDER TO STONE JESUS------SINCE DA JOOOOS HATED HIM SO MUCH----
REMEMBER-----YOU WERE TAUGHT THAT THE PHARISEES OF THE SANDHEDRIN-----THE WICKED CAIAPHAS------HATED JESUS-----REMEMBER
CAIAPHAS THE PHARISEE??? NOW SAY IT THREE TIMES----
"CAIAPHAS, THE WICKED MONEY CHANGER PHARISEE WHO HATED
JESUS WANTED TO STONE JESUS BUT THEN DECIDED TO FORCE NOBLE
PONTIUS PILATE TO DO THE DIRTY DEED-----POOR INNOCENT PILATE"

Your understanding is blinded by your hatred for Christians and you have bought into the maniacal writings of others full of hate like you. You have proven that you are no authority on the subject of Christianity, so quit pretending that you are.

Your conclusion is entirely wrong-----my entire education in Christianity came from
Christians when I was a very young child. My own family ---and relatives
never mentioned Christians------I was a teenager before I had any idea that adolf hitler was born a catholic. I never attended ANY religious education other than Christian------well-----it was actually a bit of sunday school and
holidays with Christians------so it was not really an "education" ------but it was all I
did have. What makes you think that reading the bible is a matter of hatred?
----way back when I was a kid I did not have big access to BOOKS------other
than rare trips to the little town public library and stuff here and there. -----since
I lived in a very Christian town there were little pocket sized copies of the NT all over the place. My neighbors were more worried about blacks---invading the
town public swimming pond than about me although they were also nurtured on
general Christian anti-Semitism also. I am fascinated-----where do you see hatred? I will give you some insight into "hatred" -----if you wish to be honest
and candid------tell me what a "Pharisee" is. What sort of role did they have in
"Judea/Israel" of 2000 years ago and in the life of Jesus. I have introduced you
to a very interesting -------food for thought topic. ----the topic----"what does 'pharisee' mean to you?" It's kinda like asking a white southern Baptist cracker
"what does 'N^##er' mean to you"? ----for the record----I served in the US navy so I came to know lots of white southern Baptist crackers.

Your reference to Jews for one thing, spells out "hatred". As for your education coming from Christians....there are many who call themselves Christian and know very little about Christianity....in other words, they don't practice true Christianity, they pick and choose specific scriptures in the Bible to back up some of their deep seated racism/hatred. Your use of demeaning words to refer to Jews implies some form of hatred toward them. People don't generally use insulting names for people or groups of people unless they dislike them so much to the point that they get some satisfaction in using derogatory names for them....much like they have done for blacks, hispanics and others, like "white southern baptist crackers".

Your comment "it was actually a bit of sunday school and holidays with Christians------so it was not really an "education" ------but it was all Idid have." doesn't sound like it was enough to give you a complete understanding of Christianity. It's a life-long process, and one never quits learning. The Bible is not an easy book to read and understand...so just reading the NT without using commentaries or some other form of guidance as to what certain phrases mean may cause the wrong interpretation. Yet the message is simple....believe that Jesus is the Son of God, make Him Lord of your life, and you become a Believer.

I don't know what your fascination with the Pharisees is.....but to answer your question, the Pharisees were supposed to be the "godly" people during the time of Jesus, who thought they knew everything there was to know about God, more than they actually did. They had added their own interpretations to God's Word until it had become unbearable for the Israelite to follow God's commands. Jesus called them "vipers/snakes" because they were mostly interested in their own gain than they were in following God. They were hypocrites, and we still have many today that act just like the Pharisees.

Here's what Jesus said of them....and as a Believer, I have no reason to doubt what he said.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 23 - King James Version

your told me what you "believe" which is nothing more than the standard
Christian interpretation. I am lucky----I had no real "formal education" in
religion. Although I did go to "sunday school" a bit with a Christian playmate.
You are one of many that have already made up your mind that you won't believe. Your little bit of education when you were young is not enough for you to claim you fully understand, but you have already made up your mind not to believe because believing is much more difficult and would require more from you than you are willing to give.
and did grow up in a very Christian town.
I'm sorry, but you don't pick up Christianity by osmosis.....
My education understanding of
religion was not PREJUDICED by the formal stuff. I learned by lots of reading
In other words, you didn't get it from people who actually knew what they were talking about.

As far as understanding that which is in the NT-----the person who cannot under-stand it is YOU. Without knowing what was actually going on in Judea/Israel
at that time-----and without knowing basic Judaism and having at least a minimal
grasp of the language jesus actually spoke-----you cannot know much at all.
And you are presuming that I don't? You base a lot of your "knowledge" on what you think is going on rather than what is actually going on.
You know nothing about Pharisees.
or the idioms that the NT attributes to
jesus
I know what Jesus said about the Pharisees, but you base your information on some council that wasn't even around at the time of Jesus? Seems like you have it backasswards...you're the one that has taken what someone has written about it and accepted it as fact.

Tell me the truth-------is it your impression that the "money changers'
were Pharisees?

Why is it important to you to know what I think of the money-changers? What is it you think you know about the Pharisees that you think clouds my view of them?

The "high priest" that seems to prosecute Jesus in the NT---
was named CAIAPHAS was he a Pharisee?
No, he was a Saducee.

Did Pharisees advocate the
EXECUTION of women caught in adultery?
The Pharisees stoned Stephen to death, and they were the ones that guarded the oral Jewish traditions, so yes, they would have advocated the execution of women caught in adultery.....however, in order to have her executed lawfully....they would have had to bring the man also.

10 ‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

How about HEROD ---was he a
"Pharisee? You really are not likely to know------you might find out by googling

Did you google it? :rolleyes:

You really are showing your ignorance asking such an ignorant question. Herod was not one that believed in God, so why would you even suggest he might be a Pharisee?

you seem unable to face the simple fact that Luke never met Jesus----- and had he--
he would not be able to understand a single word Jesus said----

You are delusional. First of all, I have never even mentioned Luke other than to say that the writers of the NT lived and were around during the time of Jesus.

You really have no proof that Luke never met Jesus. Luke may not have been one of the original 12 disciples, but his writings are based on reliable sources (mostly Paul). He was a close companion of Paul (Saul) who was actually an enemy of Jesus until his encounter with Jesus on the way to Damascus. Jesus sent out 72 disciples to preach his word.....and Luke could very well have been among them. And the point I was making was that they all lived during the time of Jesus unlike your source which didn't come about until 325 AD, so quit making up shit and then acting as if I said it.

I understand your POV----you carry the family legacy of the shit who lived off LIBELS----like the
blood in matzoh church crap, the excuse your kith and kin used to slaughter
hundreds of thousands. You cannot address the FACT that the shit of your
church STILL INSIST that jews could not execute people -----but then throw crap like "stone the adultress" into your "bible" You are really dim----the key to your
stupidity is right there on the pages of the NT ------read it sometime. It is a very interesting book if you understand what you are actually reading BTW----if jews could stone people------HOW COME SANHEDRIN REFUSED TO ISSUE AN ORDER TO STONE JESUS------SINCE DA JOOOOS HATED HIM SO MUCH----
REMEMBER-----YOU WERE TAUGHT THAT THE PHARISEES OF THE SANDHEDRIN-----THE WICKED CAIAPHAS------HATED JESUS-----REMEMBER
CAIAPHAS THE PHARISEE??? NOW SAY IT THREE TIMES----
"CAIAPHAS, THE WICKED MONEY CHANGER PHARISEE WHO HATED
JESUS WANTED TO STONE JESUS BUT THEN DECIDED TO FORCE NOBLE
PONTIUS PILATE TO DO THE DIRTY DEED-----POOR INNOCENT PILATE"

Your understanding is blinded by your hatred for Christians and you have bought into the maniacal writings of others full of hate like you. You have proven that you are no authority on the subject of Christianity, so quit pretending that you are.

Your conclusion is entirely wrong-----my entire education in Christianity came from
Christians when I was a very young child. My own family ---and relatives
never mentioned Christians------I was a teenager before I had any idea that adolf hitler was born a catholic. I never attended ANY religious education other than Christian------well-----it was actually a bit of sunday school and
holidays with Christians------so it was not really an "education" ------but it was all I
did have. What makes you think that reading the bible is a matter of hatred?
----way back when I was a kid I did not have big access to BOOKS------other
than rare trips to the little town public library and stuff here and there. -----since
I lived in a very Christian town there were little pocket sized copies of the NT all over the place. My neighbors were more worried about blacks---invading the
town public swimming pond than about me although they were also nurtured on
general Christian anti-Semitism also. I am fascinated-----where do you see hatred? I will give you some insight into "hatred" -----if you wish to be honest
and candid------tell me what a "Pharisee" is. What sort of role did they have in
"Judea/Israel" of 2000 years ago and in the life of Jesus. I have introduced you
to a very interesting -------food for thought topic. ----the topic----"what does 'pharisee' mean to you?" It's kinda like asking a white southern Baptist cracker
"what does 'N^##er' mean to you"? ----for the record----I served in the US navy so I came to know lots of white southern Baptist crackers.

Your reference to Jews for one thing, spells out "hatred". As for your education coming from Christians....there are many who call themselves Christian and know very little about Christianity....in other words, they don't practice true Christianity, they pick and choose specific scriptures in the Bible to back up some of their deep seated racism/hatred. Your use of demeaning words to refer to Jews implies some form of hatred toward them. People don't generally use insulting names for people or groups of people unless they dislike them so much to the point that they get some satisfaction in using derogatory names for them....much like they have done for blacks, hispanics and others, like "white southern baptist crackers".

Your comment "it was actually a bit of sunday school and holidays with Christians------so it was not really an "education" ------but it was all Idid have." doesn't sound like it was enough to give you a complete understanding of Christianity. It's a life-long process, and one never quits learning. The Bible is not an easy book to read and understand...so just reading the NT without using commentaries or some other form of guidance as to what certain phrases mean may cause the wrong interpretation. Yet the message is simple....believe that Jesus is the Son of God, make Him Lord of your life, and you become a Believer.

I don't know what your fascination with the Pharisees is.....but to answer your question, the Pharisees were supposed to be the "godly" people during the time of Jesus, who thought they knew everything there was to know about God, more than they actually did. They had added their own interpretations to God's Word until it had become unbearable for the Israelite to follow God's commands. Jesus called them "vipers/snakes" because they were mostly interested in their own gain than they were in following God. They were hypocrites, and we still have many today that act just like the Pharisees.

Here's what Jesus said of them....and as a Believer, I have no reason to doubt what he said.
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 23 - King James Version

your told me what you "believe" which is nothing more than the standard
Christian interpretation. I am lucky----I had no real "formal education" in
religion. Although I did go to "sunday school" a bit with a Christian playmate.
You are one of many that have already made up your mind that you won't believe. Your little bit of education when you were young is not enough for you to claim you fully understand, but you have already made up your mind not to believe because believing is much more difficult and would require more from you than you are willing to give.
and did grow up in a very Christian town.
I'm sorry, but you don't pick up Christianity by osmosis.....
My education understanding of
religion was not PREJUDICED by the formal stuff. I learned by lots of reading
In other words, you didn't get it from people who actually knew what they were talking about.

As far as understanding that which is in the NT-----the person who cannot under-stand it is YOU. Without knowing what was actually going on in Judea/Israel
at that time-----and without knowing basic Judaism and having at least a minimal
grasp of the language jesus actually spoke-----you cannot know much at all.
And you are presuming that I don't? You base a lot of your "knowledge" on what you think is going on rather than what is actually going on.
You know nothing about Pharisees.
or the idioms that the NT attributes to
jesus
I know what Jesus said about the Pharisees, but you base your information on some council that wasn't even around at the time of Jesus? Seems like you have it backasswards...you're the one that has taken what someone has written about it and accepted it as fact.

Tell me the truth-------is it your impression that the "money changers'
were Pharisees?

Why is it important to you to know what I think of the money-changers? What is it you think you know about the Pharisees that you think clouds my view of them?

The "high priest" that seems to prosecute Jesus in the NT---
was named CAIAPHAS was he a Pharisee?
No, he was a Saducee.

Did Pharisees advocate the
EXECUTION of women caught in adultery?
The Pharisees stoned Stephen to death, and they were the ones that guarded the oral Jewish traditions, so yes, they would have advocated the execution of women caught in adultery.....however, in order to have her executed lawfully....they would have had to bring the man also.

10 ‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

How about HEROD ---was he a
"Pharisee? You really are not likely to know------you might find out by googling

Did you google it? :rolleyes:

You really are showing your ignorance asking such an ignorant question. Herod was not one that believed in God, so why would you even suggest he might be a Pharisee?

your answers indicate that you remain ignorant of the life and times of the person JESUS----you choose to believe the details provided in a book compiled 300 years after he died---and based on writings of people who never met him or did not understand the language he spoke and under the aegis of people who had very good reason to HATE PHARISEES. The interesting aspect of your "belief" ---
the specific questions I asked you are based on misapprehensions of many of
those you would call "EDUCATED" in the bible people. That includes one of
my colleagues-----a former priest who dropped out and went to medical school---
and -----a STUDENT priest I encountered in my college years. You do manage
to quote in a very literal way the details of the charge of adultery noted in torah law-----that is easy-----but you have no idea as to how the matter was handled---AT THE TIME. -----I will help you a little----"the Pharisees" did not adjudicate THE LAW and had no power at all to sentence a person to death
at that time.
The stoning of James (assuming that happened) could be explained if one wishes to attribute his death to a kind of Lynch mob. There is actually no reason to imagine that HEROD did not believe in G-d other than heresay put out
by people who never met him under the aegis of romans who had reason to reject
him. Herod was an EDOMITE-----Edomites are no longer extant-----because
they generally assimilated into the Jewish population-----the legend considered
true in roman/jewish circles was that HIS MOTHER was a very pious
jewish (by conversion) lady. Since lots of jews considered him an INVALID king--and a shill for the romans-----there was some animosity against him ----historically--
for jews. Christians have an entirely unconfirmed legend that he killed
babies. Romans did----Greeks (the Assyrian greeks) did---but there is absolutely no history suggesting that Herod did. Of course there is no ROMAN history
that they did any murder at all------Pilate's crucifixtion of 20,000 jews was FORCED ON HIM BY PHARISEES ---or something like that. HE IS A SAINT!!!!! PS---it is because of the ideology of the PHARISEES that Israel has no capital punishment today----
Pharisees were followers of HILLEL whose policy was to FIND ANY POSSIBLE
REASON TO AVOID EXECUTION------see? your conclusions are erroneous.
You learned your stuff in sunday school. You have an explanation for why
---"THE PHARISEES" did not sentence Jesus to death since you seem to
believe that they had the power to do so? Afterall----Jesus himself named
them the "keepers of the law"----as you noted.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

It's kind of unfair to post an alleged story and picture that has no link at all. How do we know you didn't just make this up?

Anyway from the little there is here I don't see any indication that this was a religious act. It looks more like an "honor killing" which is a socio-cultural custom. But most of the OP is rambling on and on about Jesus, and there's little to nothing about this event. If it even IS an event.
I ran across this thread and I remember that the stoning of Rokhsahana caused a thread on the Middle East Forum. Heres an article about it.

Afghan woman stoned to death for 'adultery'

A young Afghan woman was stoned to death after being accused of adultery, officials said Tuesday, a medieval punishment apparently recorded in a video that harks back to the dark days of Taliban rule.

The 30-second clip run in Afghan media shows a woman in a hole in the ground as turbaned men gather around and hurl stones at her with chilling nonchalance.

The woman, named by officials as Rokhsahana and aged between 19 and 21, is heard repeating the shahada, or Muslim profession of faith, her voice growing increasingly high-pitched as stones strike her with sickening thuds.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

It's kind of unfair to post an alleged story and picture that has no link at all. How do we know you didn't just make this up?

Anyway from the little there is here I don't see any indication that this was a religious act. It looks more like an "honor killing" which is a socio-cultural custom. But most of the OP is rambling on and on about Jesus, and there's little to nothing about this event. If it even IS an event.
I ran across this thread and I remember that the stoning of Rokhsahana caused a thread on the Middle East Forum. Heres an article about it.

A young Afghan woman was stoned to death after being accused of adultery, officials said Tuesday, a medieval punishment apparently recorded in a video that harks back to the dark days of Taliban rule.

The 30-second clip run in Afghan media shows a woman in a hole in the ground as turbaned men gather around and hurl stones at her with chilling nonchalance.

The woman, named by officials as Rokhsahana and aged between 19 and 21, is heard repeating the shahada, or Muslim profession of faith, her voice growing increasingly high-pitched as stones strike her with sickening thuds.

And from the bathroom thread, Afghanistan is condemning the American States that prevent men from going into the bathroom with little girls.

And that was a pro-pervert post too.

This stuff is disgusting and due to religious beliefs. Good thing we keep a check on them here in the States.

Dear ChrisL
Sexism and bullying/abuse of women runs deeper than religion.
When people are conditioned to respond that way, it is
spiritual
social
environmental
psychological
cultural
personal.

Any number of these layers can be EXPRESSED through religion,
but it is embedded in someone's psyche.

The therapies that have proven successful in undoing these layers of conditioning
and bringing about HEALING and TRANSFORMATION
are based on FORGIVENESS and LETTING GO
of past resentment and conditioning. It's a lot harder to change, and it takes a lot of
compassion and being in a SAFE healing environment before such deep changes
can take place. It's a lot easier to project blame pain and rage as a barrier to change,
and that's a lot of the reason this abuse and persecution continues because it is easier
to project the need for "change and control outside ourselves" (ie onto an easier target
by bullying a weaker person) than trying to change the root patterns of behavior.

I have never seen one case of someone healing and changing by being
judged, rejected and punished and blamed which normally brings about
MORE defensiveness, denial and rebellion. This is harder for MEN to change in a society that expects men to be unchanging, and paints them as weak if they back down after they've publicly taken a stance. So we set ourselves up to fail, and "make it worse" by blaming and attacking, which makes men like these hold even stronger to their ways as a defense.

ChrisL have you ever met men who would AGREE to change after being
blamed and attacked for their religious or political beliefs? No, of course not!
It has the OPPOSITE effect of making them cling MORE to PROVE their ways are right.
So this is self-defeating.

The most I've seen is the "drill sergeant" approach to yelling down
kids and breaking them down like wild mustangs until they were crying and begging like babies
and then they were open to listening, obeying and complying with authority.

But that takes addressing each person INDIVIDUALLY.
It does NOT work to try to yell down an entire group,
such as across the internet, and think that's going to change anything.

The only chance we have is to address people one on one to have an effect on each other.

And ChrisL if you don't take to changing or correcting anything
when someone is in your face, blaming the world's problems on YOU and YOUR BELIEFS
what makes you think that is going to influence change
for you or me to do that?
To point to something and say that is the fault of X Y Z group collectively, but not me.

Again the only effective change I've seen is when people point out
MUTUAL points of correction, things we can change TOGETHER.

So how can we do that here?
How can we address this problem of judging/punishing someone without due process?
Do you see my point, we cannot go around condemning people based on our judgment,
without going through the process of addressing each person INDIVIDUALLY with
the exact charges or wrongs that particular person is accused of doing, and giving
them a chance to answer for themselves. If we go ahead and assume "all people of
that religious group are guilty" and therefore anyone WE associate with that group is at fault,
that's a lesser version of stoning someone without first proving what they were guilty
of and giving them a chance to correct the problem first.

So if everyone does this, in one form or degree or another,
aren't we all guilty of contributing to "casting stones" at each other without due process?

Last edited:
This stuff is disgusting and due to religious beliefs. Good thing we keep a check on them here in the States.

No, it's cultural, and dates to waaaay before the religions.
And we already did this. Right here in this same thread IINM.

21acf8379f05ee0e449fac596cf7a4ea643a8149.jpg

Afghan officials said Rokhsahana (her image pixelated) was stoned to death about a week ago in a Taliban-controlled area just outside Firozkoh (AFP Photo/)​

The story of a young woman who was married against her will and then stoned to death after she was caught eloping with a man her own age is heart wrenching.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

....he lifted himself up and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
John 8:7-11

Perhaps there is no greater picture of the love, mercy and forgiveness of God than in this particular story. Many theologians have speculated about what Jesus was writing on the ground. Was it the names of the men who were ready to stone her to death? Perhaps they had slept with her!

The Scriptures do not tell us. What we do know is that Jesus said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Not one of those men cast that first stone. Jesus spoke the truth and the truth set them free. In an instant they knew they had no grounds to do what they were about to do.

My Pastor has a saying, "God fix me first". I believe if these men were to examine their own hearts and listen to their own conscience, they might realize they need God's help. I believe if they would remove the timber from their own eye they would be able to see clearly to remove the speck in someone else's eye.

I believe what this world needs more than anything right now, is the attitude of "God fix me first". Jesus said, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you.

As the conscience was the catalyst in each man dropping their stones and leaving the adulterous woman to obtain mercy from God, today the conscience is still our guide to doing what is right and obtaining mercy from God.

God alone is the judge of men. Our assistance is not required. What is required of us?

He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8

The best prayer?
Begins with...... God fix me first.

Islam does things like this. They oppose free thought, stone apostates, critics AND western freethinkers to death. And some of you had issues with Western Christianity , they are wimps compared to ISALM.

Oboy!! We're gonna replay this thread from the beginning again? That's like, so cool. Saves time, just cut 'n' paste.

Here's my old chestnut from 554 posts ago:

>> In many Arab countries, the practice of honour killing dates back to pre-Islamic times when Arab settlers occupied a region adjacent to Sindh, known as Baluchistan (in Pakistan).57 These Arab settlers had patriarchal traditions such as live burials of newly born daughters. Such traditions trace back to the earliest historic times of Ancient Babylon, where the predominant view was that a woman's virginity belonged to her family.58

There is no mention of honour killing in the Quran or Hadiths. Honour killing, in Islamic definitions, refers specifically to extra-legal punishment by the family against a woman, and is forbidden by the Sharia (Islamic law). Religious authorities disagree with extra punishments such as honour killing and prohibit it, so the practice of it is a cultural and not a religious issue. However, since Islam has influence over vast numbers of Muslims in many countries and from many cultures, some use Islam to justify honour killing even though there is no support for honour killing in Islam. << -- Origins of Honor Killing

So its racial

No, it's cultural. And very very very old. From long before there was a Mohammed or a Jesus or a Moses or a Buddha.
One could (and one has) cite(d) a slew of references to it in the Holey Babble as well but that doesn't make it a Judeo-Christian practice either. It was already an old practice before then.

No, it's cultural, and dates to waaaay before the religions.
And we already did this. Right here in this same thread IINM.
But WWJD?

Hossfly RE: doing what Jesus what do

the approaches that have worked to heal entire villages in Africa destroyed by genocidal tribal wars against each other
used reconciliation and restorative justice principles.
this allowed the neighbors to both acknowledge the wrongs that were committed
but also to forgive heal and rebuild together, as their relations were more important to their success and survival.

special thanks to drifter for the posts referencing
the "reconciliation villages" in Africa:
Reconciliation Village Hosts Victims, Perpetrators of Rwandan Genocide

So its racial

Dear The Great Goose
I have found sexism in all races, but yes some will say it is worse
in the Latino and African cultures; because where such groups are already oppressed
and battling for power, it is even more pronounced when the abuse and infighting is at the cost of women.

If you look at the trafficking that is ravaging Africa and South/Central/Latin America
how much of that is enabled because of men in these cultures conditioned to devalue women already?

If you want to throw in Asian culture:
I've seen people overlook Asian slavery as part of the economic reality we live in today while condemning Black slavery,
because of the ethnic stereotype that it is seen as a positive trait for Asians to work harder with little or no pay
but seen as insulting if Blacks are expected to work as slaves.

So its racial

Dear The Great Goose
I have found sexism in all races, but yes some will say it is worse
in the Latino and African cultures; because where such groups are already oppressed
and battling for power, it is even more pronounced when the abuse and infighting is at the cost of women.

If you look at the trafficking that is ravaging Africa and South/Central/Latin America
how much of that is enabled because of men in these cultures conditioned to devalue women already?

If you want to throw in Asian culture:
I've seen people overlook Asian slavery as part of the economic reality we live in today while condemning Black slavery,
because of the ethnic stereotype that it is seen as a positive trait for Asians to work harder with little or no pay
but seen as insulting if Blacks are expected to work as slaves.
Maybe we should learn from these races.

Your right, all I see here is future NYC cab drivers

It's due to differences in religious beliefs and because some think that certain acts are "sins" in the eyes of their "gods."

No actually it's due to primitive patriarchy.
As I keep saying, it's way older than any religion. I don't know what's so hard to grasp about that concept.

Think of something that happened fifteen minutes ago.
Now think of something that happened last fall.

..... And now think of something that happened in the year 358. "Way older" .

Forum List

Back