A Young Woman Stoned for Adultery

This "primitive patriarchy" is hardwired into the primitive religion called Islam. You are trying to make a distinction without a difference, here, as anybody who knows even a little bit about Sharia realizes the religious law is extremely hostile towards women.

Bingo. It absolutely is. It's hardwired into all the Abrahamic religions, because, as I keep pointing out, that was the pre-existing culture. The culture precedes the religion, always, by definition. Culture is the first structural system of community; it has to be. Religion follows.

When the time comes that the two clash, the religion may proscribe it as a practice, as in the case of honor killing here (and in India with Hinduism and Sikhism) but the cultural roots are always deeper; the practice continues in spite of the religion. That's the whole POINT here.

But yes, all of these religions are obviously rooted in patriarchy. How else can you possibly come up with the absurd concept that a creator is male?

From my earlier post (last year) 237, since we're rehashing the whole thread:

In the interview, Sarhan explained, "'I killed her because she was no longer a virgin,' he told me. 'She made a mistake, willingly or not. It is better that one person dies than the whole family of shame and disgrace. It is like a box of apples. If you have one rotten apple would you keep it or get rid of it? I just got rid of it.' When I challenged Sarhan by pointing out that his act contradicted the teachings of Islam and was punishable by God, he said, 'I know that killing my sister is against Islam and it angered God, but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes." He added, "I know my sister was killed unjustly but what can I do? This is how society thinks. Nobody really wants to kill his own sister." <<

(case history 2):

>> ... I, Rinde, grew up in Turkey and quickly realized it was not favorable to be born a girl. No matter what my brothers did it was accepted by my parents. On the other hand, they would talk over me as if I had nothing significant to say. My brothers and my parents would beat me on many occasions, especially when I did something to displease them, such as dare to talk back to them which was disapproved of since they were men. However, it was okay for them to slap me around to put me on "the right path".

Their abuse was not dictated by religion since my brothers were not really religious, nor did it come from love to "help me be a better person". However, I got off easy, because there were occasions where women would suddenly be missing. These women would vanish without a trace. It would be reported by a family in my village that "my daughter has committed suicide". It was obvious that they were killed by a family member, but no one would dare say anything. Being Kurdish, the customs of our culture even before Islam's arrival are more cemented than even the religion itself in the name of deeply rooted rituals and beliefs. Besides, most people never really study the Quran and have a very limited, distorted view of their own religion. Thus, they act on cultural impulse as Sarhan so aptly described it.<<

--- Deepak Chopra, Jim Buck and Rinde Pasori, "A Practical Approach to Talking about Honor Killing"

This need among leftists to spring into obfuscating defense whenever the subject is Islam may guarantee you props from similarly reactive peeps, but such defense is so entirely contradictory to actual liberal ideals as to be nearly the antithesis thereof.

The topic is not "Islam" here Hunior. Just because some partisan wackaloon wants to fashion an Association Fallacy that can easily be disproven, doesn't mean rational people take it seriously. The topic here is logic and anthropological fact. So your Appeal to Emotion deflection is denied. Via the same Association Fallacy we could claim that Ku Klux Klan lynchings, the Matthew Sheppard murder, abortion bombings etc are "inherent in Christianism". Correlation does not equal causation. As long as we refuse to look deeply enough into the roots, we perpetuate and extend it.

The same is true in the US for kristians. Thankfully they haven't gone back to killing yet. For the most part.

- "but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes." He added -

And that is the jist of it. Humans will do whatever they want, the only thing religion does is give them a handy excuse that is in easy reach to justify whatever it is they ALREADY WANTED TO DO. People in the south who claim to be Christian but don't like black people and then set about burning a Church. Even the very symbol of the house of the 'god' they pretend to worship is not sacred compared to their animalistic desires and motivations. People who wail about abortion being wrong because it's murder then go and murder a doctor. Ignoring all teachings of Christ.

Religion is like living at the base of Mt. Vesuvius. It keeps you warm and protected from harsh weather but at the right moment it can turn on you and wipe out your entire civilization.
Didn't American Christians Lynch and Murder Black People.....They sure did.....God will slay all these "Christians" and good riddance.....
Christianists are horrible. I delight in telling them in no uncertain terms that they will be thrown in the fire. By my haughty demeanor and strident tone they KNOW I'm right. You can see their hearts wither, because they see the true God in me and know he's not with them.

It's incredible to watch them have no comeback. You really feel infused with the spirit of God. Very satisfying.

This "primitive patriarchy" is hardwired into the primitive religion called Islam. You are trying to make a distinction without a difference, here, as anybody who knows even a little bit about Sharia realizes the religious law is extremely hostile towards women.

Bingo. It absolutely is. It's hardwired into all the Abrahamic religions, because, as I keep pointing out, that was the pre-existing culture. The culture precedes the religion, always, by definition. Culture is the first structural system of community; it has to be. Religion follows.

When the time comes that the two clash, the religion may proscribe it as a practice, as in the case of honor killing here (and in India with Hinduism and Sikhism) but the cultural roots are always deeper; the practice continues in spite of the religion. That's the whole POINT here.

But yes, all of these religions are obviously rooted in patriarchy. How else can you possibly come up with the absurd concept that a creator is male?

In the interview, Sarhan explained, "'I killed her because she was no longer a virgin,' he told me. 'She made a mistake, willingly or not. It is better that one person dies than the whole family of shame and disgrace. It is like a box of apples. If you have one rotten apple would you keep it or get rid of it? I just got rid of it.' When I challenged Sarhan by pointing out that his act contradicted the teachings of Islam and was punishable by God, he said, 'I know that killing my sister is against Islam and it angered God, but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes." He added, "I know my sister was killed unjustly but what can I do? This is how society thinks. Nobody really wants to kill his own sister." <<

(case history 2):

>> ... I, Rinde, grew up in Turkey and quickly realized it was not favorable to be born a girl. No matter what my brothers did it was accepted by my parents. On the other hand, they would talk over me as if I had nothing significant to say. My brothers and my parents would beat me on many occasions, especially when I did something to displease them, such as dare to talk back to them which was disapproved of since they were men. However, it was okay for them to slap me around to put me on "the right path".

Their abuse was not dictated by religion since my brothers were not really religious, nor did it come from love to "help me be a better person". However, I got off easy, because there were occasions where women would suddenly be missing. These women would vanish without a trace. It would be reported by a family in my village that "my daughter has committed suicide". It was obvious that they were killed by a family member, but no one would dare say anything. Being Kurdish, the customs of our culture even before Islam's arrival are more cemented than even the religion itself in the name of deeply rooted rituals and beliefs. Besides, most people never really study the Quran and have a very limited, distorted view of their own religion. Thus, they act on cultural impulse as Sarhan so aptly described it.<<

--- Deepak Chopra, Jim Buck and Rinde Pasori, "A Practical Approach to Talking about Honor Killing"

This need among leftists to spring into obfuscating defense whenever the subject is Islam may guarantee you props from similarly reactive peeps, but such defense is so entirely contradictory to actual liberal ideals as to be nearly the antithesis thereof.

The topic is not "Islam" here Hunior. Just because some partisan wackaloon wants to fashion an Association Fallacy that can easily be disproven, doesn't mean rational people take it seriously. The topic here is logic and anthropological fact. So your Appeal to Emotion deflection is denied. Via the same Association Fallacy we could claim that Ku Klux Klan lynchings, the Matthew Sheppard murder, abortion bombings etc are "inherent in Christianism". Correlation does not equal causation. As long as we refuse to look deeply enough into the roots, we perpetuate and extend it.

The same is true in the US for kristians. Thankfully they haven't gone back to killing yet. For the most part.

- "but I had to do what I had to do and I will answer to God when the time comes." He added -

And that is the jist of it. Humans will do whatever they want, the only thing religion does is give them a handy excuse that is in easy reach to justify whatever it is they ALREADY WANTED TO DO. People in the south who claim to be Christian but don't like black people and then set about burning a Church. Even the very symbol of the house of the 'god' they pretend to worship is not sacred compared to their animalistic desires and motivations. People who wail about abortion being wrong because it's murder then go and murder a doctor. Ignoring all teachings of Christ.

Religion is like living at the base of Mt. Vesuvius. It keeps you warm and protected from harsh weather but at the right moment it can turn on you and wipe out your entire civilization.
Didn't American Christians Lynch and Murder Black People.....They sure did.....God will slay all these "Christians" and good riddance.....
Christianists are horrible. I delight in telling them in no uncertain terms that they will be thrown in the fire. By my haughty demeanor and strident tone they KNOW I'm right. You can see their hearts wither, because they see the true God in me and know he's not with them.

It's incredible to watch them have no comeback. You really feel infused with the spirit of God. Very satisfying.
Are you wearing Black Leather gauntlets whilst in this state of personal atonement Goose?

(case history 2):

Are you wearing Black Leather gauntlets whilst in this state of personal atonement Goose?
Full dominatrix outfit.

(case history 2):

Full dominatrix outfit.
AND there I was thinking that Gauntlets was all you were wearing,with a BULL WHIP of course.LOL

Full dominatrix outfit.
AND there I was thinking that Gauntlets was all you were wearing,with a BULL WHIP of course.LOL
:whip:

(case history 2):

Your haughty demeanor and strident tone have nothing to do with your correctness or lack thereof.

Failure of a poster to respond to your taunts is not a sign that you prevailed in any manner whatsoever. More likely, it is a sign that you are being wisely ignored.

Full dominatrix outfit.

Just watch out for the swinging dick. :D

(case history 2):

Your haughty demeanor and strident tone have nothing to do with your correctness or lack thereof.

Failure of a poster to respond to your taunts is not a sign that you prevailed in any manner whatsoever. More likely, it is a sign that you are being wisely ignored.
Who said anything about posters? I do that to the devil spawn in real life.

Full dominatrix outfit.
:whip:
If my friend Hoss was answering you post Goose,he would be screaming MORE,MORE,MORE.

As for myself I would be screaming HARDER,HARDER,HARDER.........LOL..just saying steve

I think we (well you actually) have THRASHED this thread to Death...LOL...s

Last edited:
I'd venture to say that in Heaven the numbers will be in the tens of thousands, if not much less. When The Word says ( "it will be as in the days of Noah") Remember. He only left 8 people and some genetic material( in the ark---sorry no giraffes and elephants.just mammalian starting points)). Everything else was annihilated !

21acf8379f05ee0e449fac596cf7a4ea643a8149.jpg

Afghan officials said Rokhsahana (her image pixelated) was stoned to death about a week ago in a Taliban-controlled area just outside Firozkoh (AFP Photo/)​

The story of a young woman who was married against her will and then stoned to death after she was caught eloping with a man her own age is heart wrenching.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

....he lifted himself up and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
John 8:7-11

Perhaps there is no greater picture of the love, mercy and forgiveness of God than in this particular story. Many theologians have speculated about what Jesus was writing on the ground. Was it the names of the men who were ready to stone her to death? Perhaps they had slept with her!

The Scriptures do not tell us. What we do know is that Jesus said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Not one of those men cast that first stone. Jesus spoke the truth and the truth set them free. In an instant they knew they had no grounds to do what they were about to do.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

My Pastor has a saying, "God fix me first". I believe if these men were to examine their own hearts and listen to their own conscience, they might realize they need God's help. I believe if they would remove the timber from their own eye they would be able to see clearly to remove the speck in someone else's eye.

I believe what this world needs more than anything right now, is the attitude of "God fix me first". Jesus said, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you.

As the conscience was the catalyst in each man dropping their stones and leaving the adulterous woman to obtain mercy from God, today the conscience is still our guide to doing what is right and obtaining mercy from God.

God alone is the judge of men. Our assistance is not required. What is required of us?

He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8

The best prayer?
Begins with...... God fix me first.

If you are a American and liberal and despise religion (Christianity) , HOW can you at the same time defend Islam? Christians won't actually hurt you. Muslims will literally . Sharia law is a contradiction of America precepts of separation of church and state in that same sense dosen't t justify murdering non believers or taxing non Christians like Sharia law and Muslims actually DO. Liberal are so conflicted on this. What Is the problem?

Afghan officials said Rokhsahana (her image pixelated) was stoned to death about a week ago in a Taliban-controlled area just outside Firozkoh (AFP Photo/)​

The story of a young woman who was married against her will and then stoned to death after she was caught eloping with a man her own age is heart wrenching.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

....he lifted himself up and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Perhaps there is no greater picture of the love, mercy and forgiveness of God than in this particular story. Many theologians have speculated about what Jesus was writing on the ground. Was it the names of the men who were ready to stone her to death? Perhaps they had slept with her!

The Scriptures do not tell us. What we do know is that Jesus said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Not one of those men cast that first stone. Jesus spoke the truth and the truth set them free. In an instant they knew they had no grounds to do what they were about to do.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

My Pastor has a saying, "God fix me first". I believe if these men were to examine their own hearts and listen to their own conscience, they might realize they need God's help. I believe if they would remove the timber from their own eye they would be able to see clearly to remove the speck in someone else's eye.

I believe what this world needs more than anything right now, is the attitude of "God fix me first". Jesus said, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you.

As the conscience was the catalyst in each man dropping their stones and leaving the adulterous woman to obtain mercy from God, today the conscience is still our guide to doing what is right and obtaining mercy from God.

God alone is the judge of men. Our assistance is not required. What is required of us?

He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The best prayer?

If you are a American and liberal and despise religion (Christianity) , HOW can you at the same time defend Islam? Christians won't actually hurt you. Muslims will literally . Sharia law is a contradiction of America precepts of separation of church and state in that same sense dosen't t justify murdering non believers or taxing non Christians like Sharia law and Muslims actually DO. Liberal are so conflicted on this. What Is the problem?

Looks to me like the problem is inability to construct a coherent sentence. :)

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

Looks to me like the problem is inability to construct a coherent sentence. :)
What a incoherent sentence.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

The problem is that the useful idiots are not liberal, since they do not support liberal values.

They are just the mindless fundamentalists of the left who support anything their fellow leftists support. It doesn't have to make sense. It only has to be agreed upon, and it is simply a case of monkey see, monkey do.

Mary L., did you read the Op-ed? I am not a liberal! I am an ultra conservative and a Christian who has written many articles about the dangers of Islam as well as stories about Muslim immigration being a danger to American citizens! Were you by some chance responding to someone else and accidentally addressed me when you should have been addressing them? It's hard to tell but I would agree with Pogo that your response does not make sense. Incoherent? I would say that is an understatement if you were addressing me! I'm not a liberal! Look at my Trump articles! I voted for Trump! NOT HILLARY. Please read the Op-ed again please. Thank you.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

The problem is that the useful idiots are not liberal, since they do not support liberal values.

They are just the mindless fundamentalists of the left who support anything their fellow leftists support. It doesn't have to make sense. It only has to be agreed upon, and it is simply a case of monkey see, monkey do.
Excuse me but Mary is quoting the wrong person. I'm not a liberal and I am certainly not supporting leftists! I believe Mary has me confused with someone else. Who that is - is anyone's guess.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

You're quoting the wrong person, Mary. I'm a Christian. I am not a liberal and I do not support Sharia Law nor have I ever defended Islam. Please quote the person you are addressing. It clearly is not me.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

You're quoting the wrong person, Mary. I'm a Christian. I am not a liberal and I do not support Sharia Law nor have I ever defended Islam. Please quote the person you are addressing. It clearly is not me.

Don't get worked up. This isn't nearly the first time MaryL has posted something unintelligible. Everybody knows.
Actually as I already observed her dangling sentence fragment doesn't express a point anyway. I think we should force such posters to clarify what it is they're saying before they're worthy of a response. Not our job to interpret.

Forum List

Back