A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones

Somehow what ur saying makes more sense than all I've been able to get from the AGW folks, they always seem to back off when ever we get into the nuts'n'bolts of what's heating & how do we measure it.

Not really. There's a huge amount of literature out there which explains this very thing. Turns out the only way the warming we've seen in the past 50-60 years makes any sense if we include human factors into the mix.

We got to admit that there are a lot of very nice folks who're swept into this thing, as vapid as it may be.

It is a symptom of America's current relationship with science. The same folks who question human-caused global warming also question all the healthcare professionals on how to ameliorate the spread of COVID.

Today we have elevated everyone's opinions to equal footing, even when they are uneducated in the appropriate fields. We are somehow honor-bound to give them a voice and hear them out, even when they are manifestly ignorant of the technical details of the topic.

Somehow what ur saying makes more sense than all I've been able to get from the AGW folks, they always seem to back off when ever we get into the nuts'n'bolts of what's heating & how do we measure it.

We got to admit that there are a lot of very nice folks who're swept into this thing, as vapid as it may be.
Here's the Short version in my own words posted many times in the last few days/years.

Past climate cycles were driven by Solar Forcing but not this one. It's unprecedented because of the Human Industrial revolution has poured GHGs into the atmosphere at an [increasingly] staggering rate.
CO2 and other GHGs typically trail and exacerbate Warming after a solar forcing/astronomical/tilting event.
NOT the case now.
They are perfectly capable of causing warming as they are now/almost uniquely.

Scientists have measured radiation-in/radiation-out.
Radiation-in has NOT changed in at least 50 years.
Radiation out back into space is being blocked by the increasingly thick GHG blanket and at the exact spectral wavelengths of those GHG gases.

That's about the best, but not only, of many reasons we now this is AGW.

`

Last edited:
That's what I'm trying to set aside.

There seems to be some kind of big fuss from the AGW people, many who have a serious and dedicated passion for doing what is necessary. My problem is that I've yet to get a clear answer out of their most basic proposition, that something is warming at an excessive rate.

If there are any AGW people here, please tell me what is warming and tell me how and when u've measured the temperature. Without this info the entire AGW proposition becomes vacant.
Here some longer essays for you Jurkoff.
Yale, Columbia, NASA, they're all there
I have NOAA cited in Many other threads.

About 615,000,000 results (0.30 seconds)
Search Results
Web results

How We Know Today's Climate Change Is Not Natural
https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2017/04/.../how-we-know-climate-change-is-not-natural/Apr 4, 2017 - Last week, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by climate contrarian Lamar Smith, R-Texas, held a hearing on ...

How do we know global warming is not a natural cycle? | Climate ...
www.climatecentral.org/library/faqs/how_do_we_know_it_is_not_a_natural_cycleNov 7, 2009 - Answer. If the Earth's temperature had been steady for millions of years and only started rising in the past half century or so, the answer would ...

How do we know? - Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of ...
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Climate Change and Global Warming. ...Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up .... the Earth's natural greenhouse effect and suggested that slight changes in the ...

Human fingerprints on climate change rule out natural cycles
https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-natural-cycle.htmHowever, internal forces do not cause climate change. ... and oceanic emissions of CO2 and know that they are small compared to anthropogenic emissions, but ...

[.....]
How Do We Know Humans Are Causing Climate Change? | Climate ...
https://www.climaterealityproject.org/.../how-do-we-know-humans-are-causing-climat...Feb 1, 2019 - Yes, we know humans are responsible for the climate changewe see ... as if we're wrapping another, not-so-natural blanket around the Earth.

Global warming isn't just a natural cycle » Yale Climate Connections
https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/.../global-warming-isnt-just-a-natural-cycle/Sep 18, 2018 - Here's how we know that. ... Global warming isn't just anatural cycle. By Sara Peach on Sep ... The earth's temperature changesnaturally over time. Variations ... Earth's warming: How scientists know it'snot the sun. From Yale ...

How Do We Know that Humans Are the Major Cause of Global ...
https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science.../human-contribution-to-gw-faq.htmlJump to
Natural and human factors that influence the climate (known as ...- Natural climate drivers include the energy ... in snow and ice cover thatchange how much ... if it were not for these human-made and natural tiny particles.

[.....]
`

A Warming Climate Brings New Crops to Frigid Zones
Longer growing seasons help lead northern farmers to plow up forests for crops such as corn that were once hard to grow in chilly territories

So, GW is a good thing, right? Why then are the Lefties so insistent on spending huge gobs of money to combat it?

So, GW is a good thing, right? Why then are the Lefties so insistent on spending huge gobs of money to combat it?
First you have to acknowledge there IS warming.
Please tell Reinydays, skooker@ssbil, and SunsetMommy. (who even knows what the trolls like Daveman and Ding think)
Then we talk about all the effects.
`
`

Last edited:
First you have to acknowledge there IS warming.
Please tell Reinydays, skooker@ssbil, and SunsetMommy. (who even knows what the trolls like Daveman and Ding think)
Then we talk about all the effects.
`
`

Whether one acknowledges warming or not is irrelevant to my questions, which are:

GW is a good thing, right? Your OP suggests that, right? So, why are you so insistent on spending huge gobs of money to combat it?

Lol....every single climate kOOk thinks that normal :backpedal: :backpedal: Sky Etch-A-Sketch.

Oh btw....snow forecast in Pa next week.... April 18:fu:

We had a nice blizzard in Stead today. Only work that got done was INSIDE the hangar.

Whether one acknowledges warming or not is irrelevant to my questions, which are:

GW is a good thing, right? Your OP suggests that, right? So, why are you so insistent on spending huge gobs of money to combat it?

Incredible stupidity?🤔

Becauses your premise is false. For any given amount of warming, more arable land will be lost than will be gained. Picture a globe in your mind. Calculate (or estimate) the land area in, say, 5 degrees of latitude at the equator (0 to 5 degrees) to the land area in 5 degrees of latitude in, say, Central Canada (55 tp 60 degrees)/

Incredible stupidity?🤔
Another Cheerleading/Bashing NO CONTENT post.
You should not be in a science section if you can't get past One sentence in Any post, and post like a child in half of those shirt blips.
Two troll words in this case.
You need to be removed. You are an embarrassment even to USMB/the home of RW trolls.
`

Last edited:
Becauses your premise is false. For any given amount of warming, more arable land will be lost than will be gained. Picture a globe in your mind. Calculate (or estimate) the land area in, say, 5 degrees of latitude at the equator (0 to 5 degrees) to the land area in 5 degrees of latitude in, say, Central Canada (55 tp 60 degrees)/
Additionally.. The earth has been populated (and populated right to water's edge) in current conditions of not just temperature, but Sea level.
He (being Low IQ) didn't realize that there was, of course, another side of the coin.
`

Additionally.. The earth has been populated (and populated right to water's edge) in current conditions of not just temperature, but Sea level.
He (being Low IQ) didn't realize that there was, of course, another side of the coin.
`

Talk about low IQ. Warm Temps don't make land unusable. Lack of water does.

Brazil is far warmer than the US on average, they have zero problems growing things.

Talk about low IQ. Warm Temps don't make land unusable. Lack of water does.

Brazil is far warmer than the US on average, they have zero problems growing things.
Warmer air in general holds more water vapor, but warmer air also causes more droughts.
Normal Annual (Himalayan) Glacial melt (as feeds the Indian subcontinent) is good.
Fast/depleting melt will eventually deplete those glaciers and and be a disaster for 2 Billion people.

Warmer air (and water) raises seal level too, and again we are built to the edge across the planet.

You know NOTHING, you post Nothing except hostile little RW blips.
Resign before you embarrass yourself any further.
The last 4% of an already small brain is inadequate to carry on.
`

Warmer air in general holds more water vapor, but warmer air also causes more droughts.
Normal Annual (Himalayan) Glacial melt (as feeds the Indian subcontinent) is good.
Fast/depleting melt will eventually deplete those glaciers and and be a disaster for 2 Billion people.

Warmer air (and water) raises seal level too, and again we are built to the edge across the planet.

You know NOTHING, you post Nothing except hostile little RW blips.
Resign before you embarrass yourself any further.
The last 4% of an already small brain is inadequate to carry on.
`

No, it doesn't. Try learning some real science instead of the propaganda you have been fed

No, it doesn't. Try learning some real science instead of the propaganda you have been fed

"No" is NOT debate except with one-line Trolls like you.
What Would be debate is YOU POSTING "Real science" (as I did above on This very page) to refute what I said.
But you can't.

You can't stop your one-line attacks on Intelligence/the truth.
`

`

That clown sort of overstayed his welcome. I reported his foul language but I'm guessing that the mods never censure leftists. No longer an issue for me as I've "ignored" the guy.
Your grip on reality is Nil if you think the mods here are 'leftists.'
What a shocking take.
They are in fact Right Wingers one and all. (except Coyote) They are anti-GW/AGW and creationists. See, ie, Head Mod Flacaltenn's posts in this section and elsewhere. Blatantly Right Wing.
This board is overrun with one-line RW trolls that are not only tolerated but cultivated here.
Many/most rational/liberal people do not tolerate the abuse and leave.
`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back