A true Christian Christmas?

What, you don't wear a costume when you trick or treat? For shame. Don't you know what Halloween is really about?

linus.jpg

Halloween is about dressing up in costumes, scaring yourself for amusment, and eating candy. The candy is vital, but it is not all.

The 3 13 year old girls are all dressing up and going trick or treating tomorrow night, then spending the night here. All I know is they better bring me back some good sugar and dark chocolate! I think I am going to rent "IT" for them to watch, so there's the scary part.

I will be the one hiding behind the great pumpkin Abelian Sea..................

You can tell a person by his childhood memories.....I would say Charlie Brown memories are some of the best :)

Well, Always A Bitch, how do I know what God will care about? Simple....I read the Bible and study Torah. And, miss Dumbass, you should also know that faith WITHOUT WORKS is DEAD! Or, did your bitty, shallow Christian mind miss that?

You are right about nothing in the Bible tells you to avoid civilian festivals unless they are in conflict with the Bible. So, what part of making offerings to dead people, which is what trick or treating is a carry over from, do you not get? Your own religion tells you that you are not to make offerings to other entities (of which dead spirits are a part).

I understand Christianity. However, you apparently don't, because of your narrow views and blind faith that what your preacher tells you is right.

Once again. I don't make offerings to dead people.
Nor do I agree with everything my preacher says. This is something you come up with again and again, and it's almost as ridiculous as your assertion that people who don't like homosexuals are RACIST, you retard.
And yes, faith without works is dead. What part of trick-or-treating conflicts with that? YOu were the one saying I was going to have to "answer" for trick or treating and I was pointing out that it's faith not works that will get us to heaven. YOur comment is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

See, your sort of fanatical hysteria is exactly what I like to avoid during Trick or Treat and other festivities. It's never any fun to run into bigots on the street. THankfully, we don't have many here.

The 3 13 year old girls are all dressing up and going trick or treating tomorrow night, then spending the night here. All I know is they better bring me back some good sugar and dark chocolate! I think I am going to rent "IT" for them to watch, so there's the scary part.

I will be the one hiding behind the great pumpkin Abelian Sea..................

The Ring and the Ring 2.
SCAAAAAARRRRRRRYYYYYYYY.

Once again. I don't make offerings to dead people.
Nor do I agree with everything my preacher says. This is something you come up with again and again, and it's almost as ridiculous as your assertion that people who don't like homosexuals are RACIST, you retard.
And yes, faith without works is dead. What part of trick-or-treating conflicts with that? YOu were the one saying I was going to have to "answer" for trick or treating and I was pointing out that it's faith not works that will get us to heaven. YOur comment is, as usual, completely irrelevant.

See, your sort of fanatical hysteria is exactly what I like to avoid during Trick or Treat and other festivities. It's never any fun to run into bigots on the street. THankfully, we don't have many here.

Are you SURE you weren't repeatedly dropped on your head as a child? The racist label that you're screaming about is probably when I called Sucking Moron one in another thread, because he's anti-semetic. He threw in the homosexual thing as a deflect.

You said (and I quote) faith not works is what will get us into Heaven.

I said, faith WITHOUT (see....I didn't use the word not) works is dead, and no matter how you slice it, dead faith AIN'T gonna get you into Heaven.

And......you say that it's not fun to run into bigots? How is it living without any mirrors?

Are you SURE you weren't repeatedly dropped on your head as a child? The racist label that you're screaming about is probably when I called Sucking Moron one in another thread, because he's anti-semetic. He threw in the homosexual thing as a deflect.

You said (and I quote) faith not works is what will get us into Heaven.

I said, faith WITHOUT (see....I didn't use the word not) works is dead, and no matter how you slice it, dead faith AIN'T gonna get you into Heaven.

And......you say that it's not fun to run into bigots? How is it living without any mirrors?

You are, and apparently will remain, an ignorant bigot. Good for you.

Please share some more of your biblical knowledge with us.

I want to hear the story about how Noah's daughters raped him again. That one's my favorite.

"Rooted in" is not "the same as."

People who participate in Halloween in the way common in our culture are not actually practicing a religious ritual. What they're doing may be a vestigal remnant of such a ritual, but at this point it really is just giving kids candy.

No offerings to the dead are being made. No ancient and profane gods are being worshipped. No rituals are being religously observed.

I could see a religous person distancing herself from such activities because of the ancient history of the tradition, but I don't think Halloween as it is celebrated today is actually blasphemous.

Same with the Christmas tree. Today, for most people, it's basically just a party decoration. Not a whiff of brimstone about it.

Shit! There go MY weekend plans. :evil:

Hey, at least when I make a mistake, I'm big enough to admit it.

You on the other hand, aren't.

On the rare occasions when I make mistakes, I own them and generally laugh at them.

But I don't make them often. You probably haven't been around long enough to see me make one, loser.

Nice try, but witless people should avoid attempts to be witty. It's just depressing for everyone forced to read it.

I am one of the few who finds it entertaining. It feeds my ego and makes me feel superior.

THen I go home to my 5 and 6 year old and realize...you aren't even half as challenging as they are and all my delusions of exceptionalism come crashing down.

:wtf: You are one bloodthirsty motherfucker. I've lost count of how many times you've expressed approval of, even glee towards, rules/laws that carry the death penalty.

Are you this open about your bloodlust in your non-anonymous life?

Did you just swear? :wtf::ack-1:

On the rare occasions when I make mistakes, I own them and generally laugh at them.

But I don't make them often. You probably haven't been around long enough to see me make one, loser.

Actually, I have..........

Most of your posts are mistakes.

Nice try, but witless people should avoid attempts to be witty. It's just depressing for everyone forced to read it.

Then don't read it bitch.

I am one of the few who finds it entertaining. It feeds my ego and makes me feel superior.

THen I go home to my 5 and 6 year old and realize...you aren't even half as challenging as they are and all my delusions of exceptionalism come crashing down.

If you two don't knock it the hell off, and stop ruining a perfectly good thread with your constant trolling of each other, you're going to find yourselves confined to, and sharing your very own room in the Flame Zone. :evil:

Forum List

Back