A true Christian Christmas?

be careful i thought he was kidding about christians getting over colds in 7 days..pagans and heatherns 14 days..he cursed me with a 2 week cold.

guess Sunni man you will be missing out on......Mariah!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8UHeoYHQM]YouTube - All I Want For Christmas is You (Black and White)[/ame]

I guess I was wondering if any Christian would actually engage in behavior that seems blasphemous. (of course I am assuming that performing or engaging in religious rites generated by and for a different deity/religion are 'blasphemous').
it is blasphemous for christians IF you are worshipping the tree as Pagans would...most Christians are clueless on some of the Pagan roots, they look at the tree and see the star on top as the star guiding the 3 wisemen to Christ...or the angel on top as gabriel telling Mary that she was going to bear a son...they view the presents as the great gifts Christ was brought....

I don't know of any Christians that put up a tree, do it to celebrate a Pagan ceremony....

you, to me, are taking this too far...as the levite and priest did that passed on by the injured man on the side of the road because of SUPPOSED religious rules on the uncleanliness of blood or the Sabbath....their actions were repremanded by Christ as NOT actions or rules of God, but their man made twisting of God's rules or perhaps the misunderstanding of God's laws that were given to them....

The religious even confronted Christ for healing on the Sabbath, because no work was suppose to be done on the Sabbath...THEY misunderstood God's laws, Jesus was very clear on this and the God I know, would never prevent someone from helping another human being, on the Sabbath or not...

I think you are being presumptuous to call celebrating Christ's birth as something being blasphemous...those celebrating Christmas, who put up a tree to do such are not sinning and are not blasphemous....intent has to be figured in to it...

There is killing a man justifyably in self defense, and there is murduring someone....they are different, though both men are dead, and this falls with INTENT....did he kill the person to defend himself or did he kill the person for one of the 7 deadly sins, has to be in the calculation....we have a JUST God, not an unjust one.

care

Last edited:
I think people should do whatever they like for holidays. But those that call themselves Christian seem like they should avoid pagan/heathen/whatever practices, according to their professed belief system...

okay *pulling up waders cause the shit is gonna get deep in here*

should avoid pagan etc practices...why? seems to me the op of this gurdari, wants to see a pagan vs christian fight..well let me give you a clue...go find a post called ...."calling all pagans" we had a rather nasty fight in there...

even as a devoted pagan....hecate...i do things that are in the christian culture...you sneeze i say..bless you....i dont see any reason that we must be paranoid about crossing lines...i have made them damn clay tops and sang that stupid song...dreidel dreidel dreidal we made you of clay...dreidel dreidel dreidel with you we play...why....the children of my jewish friends love to do this and sing....so am i suppose to go into a long speech about being pagan and not believing what they believe...i assure you...i end up with clay all over singing off key...i have done the winter solstice ..with wiccians...i tend to avoid christians on there high holy days but i assure you when the kids suck me in...i dont complain...do you really think its right to say...when a kid runs up to you and says merry christmas it is jesus' birthday ...to say..no its not....what rubbish? that would just be rude and plan disrespectful.
I have opened my home to christians and other faiths just as they have opened their homes to me. we try to find common grounds...not what divides us. this does not mean it all goes smoothly. disagreements do arise and we try to discuss them. i do not pray with my friends of other faiths nor do i ask them to pray with me. Most recently, my son attended a wedding where communion was being given....i told him he could not take communion but was not too upset,, as soon as i mentioned it to his father...his father came in and called him and told him under no circumstances was he to take communion. more out of respect for what communion stands for to christians.
we do not believe in the body and blood of christ..therefore we feel like one of us taking communion is a mockery.

okay *pulling up waders cause the shit is gonna get deep in here*

should avoid pagan etc practices...why? seems to me the op of this gurdari, wants to see a pagan vs christian fight..well let me give you a clue...go find a post called ...."calling all pagans" we had a rather nasty fight in there...

even as a devoted pagan....hecate...i do things that are in the christian culture...you sneeze i say..bless you....i dont see any reason that we must be paranoid about crossing lines...i have made them damn clay tops and sang that stupid song...dreidel dreidel dreidal we made you of clay...dreidel dreidel dreidel with you we play...why....the children of my jewish friends love to do this and sing....so am i suppose to go into a long speech about being pagan and not believing what they believe...i assure you...i end up with clay all over singing off key...i have done the winter solstice ..with wiccians...i tend to avoid christians on there high holy days but i assure you when the kids suck me in...i dont complain...do you really think its right to say...when a kid runs up to you and says merry christmas it is jesus' birthday ...to say..no its not....what rubbish? that would just be rude and plan disrespectful.
I have opened my home to christians and other faiths just as they have opened their homes to me. we try to find common grounds...not what divides us. this does not mean it all goes smoothly. disagreements do arise and we try to discuss them. i do not pray with my friends of other faiths nor do i ask them to pray with me. Most recently, my son attended a wedding where communion was being given....i told him he could not take communion but was not too upset,, as soon as i mentioned it to his father...his father came in and called him and told him under no circumstances was he to take communion. more out of respect for what communion stands for to christians.
we do not believe in the body and blood of christ..therefore we feel like one of us taking communion is a mockery.

And when Christ sent the apostles on their Way to spread the Word, it was ok for the apostles to eat 'unclean' food according to their religious beliefs if they were guests in the homes of others....they were taught not to insult the people they stayed with that had different beliefs than of themselves....

Last edited:
And when Christ sent the apostles on their Way to spread the Word, it was ok for the apostles to eat 'unclean' food according to their religious beliefs if they were guests in the homes of others....they were taught not to insult the people they stayed with that had different beliefs than of themselves....
But if these people didn't change their beliefs and become Christian. They were going to Hell. Period!

I love the smell of pine in my house during December, and the white lights, and candles.....

every year when i burn all the limbs and brush that accumulated over the winter, i use the christmas tree to start the fire. it goes up in spectacular flames and every year i think "it's really stupid to have this in a 200 yr old wood house"

this year will be the same. wreaths burn pretty well, mistletoe not so much.

The way I see it, the darkest part of winter is a pretty natural time for people north of the equator to have a celebration; that's when they need it (or needed it, back when the seasons made more of a difference in everyone's life). It's cold and dark and barren; spirits need lifting, and you're stuck inside with everyone anyway.

My guess is that the tradition of having a party on or near the winter solstice is older than Paganism, and that Paganism, just like Christianity, just incorporated it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's nothing inherently bad about the tradition, so if you're spreading/forming your religion why not get in on it? It makes it easier and smoother for the religion to be part of people's lives which helps with both conversion and piety, which is all good, right?

So why worry about the trappings? Just go with the flow, have a cheerful loving time, and remember that the Real Reason for the Season is [consult your particular religion to complete this sentence].

exodus 22: 18 kjv Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

deuteronomy 18:10 kjv There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Forum List

Back