A True Blue American Hero- John McCain..shows grace in Congress.

"McCain told his North Vietnamese captors, 'highly classified information, the most important of which was the package routes, which were routes used to bomb North Vietnam. He gave in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn… he gave them what primary targets the United States was interested in.'

"Hopper contends that the information McCain provided allowed the North Vietnamese to adjust their air-defenses. As result, Hopper claims, the US lost sixty percent more aircraft and in 1968, 'called off the bombing of North Vietnam, because of the information McCain had given to them.'”

McStain...a true blue traitor.

‘Songbird’ McCain: The evidence – in his own words, his fellow veterans, and his captors « Hope2012

Bullshit.

It's a damned shame that a thread remarking on clear and decent common sense bipartisanship had to be stained by such a smear of shit.

But I guess that's what fuels this thing we call a messageboard....
:eusa_eh:
georgephillip is one of the simple minds that exist on both sides, the minds that can't see beyond their own hyper partisanship long enough to realize that people can disagree without smearing each other. People can disagree and still respect each other.

in Georgephillip's mind, it's more important to trash a mans heroic service to the nation than admit that he as a valid, differing point of view. I disagree with Sen Mccain about 94% of the time, but my gawd he's got balls of steel.

It's simpleton, but there ya have it.

Interesting is this the same John McCain that the left trashed and insulted so vigorously four year's ago.

trashed and insulted? I remember very few people trashing the Senator. Many people pointed out policy differences, questioned his VP choice and wondered about someone who doesn't know how many homes they owe, but I don't remember many trashing him.

I mean, the number of homes thing? Surely that's worthy of political fodder.

The left will cherry pick when it suits their agenda...the same decent and honorable McCain also vouched that there was nothing in the 23 years worth of tax returns that Romney turned over to his campaign that would make Romney ineligible to be a candidate for president.

There is likely plenty in his tax returns that will hurt him politically, without making him 'ineligible'.

Nobody stubbornly hides good news.

A True Blue American Hero- John McCain..shows grace in Congress.

I think that's overstating it a bit. He's not currently running for re-election, and likely won't be again. He is inconsistent, to put it mildly. He went from corrupt Senator (S&L scandal) who abused his power to scare a doctor during his wife's drug addiction, to the 'Straight Talker' (2000), to Bushie sycophant, to McBush (although more decent and good; 2008), to full-on teabagger wingnut (2010), and now is back to being a Center-Right Moderate who occasionally does the right and honorable thing, regardless of party or politics. Which we saw today on the Senate floor.

As for 'hero', that is certainly debatable. He certainly sacrificed years of his life, and parts of his body, for the country. The circumstances surrounding that sacrifice are controversial.

Col. Tammy Duckworth left 2 legs and part of an arm in Iraq, and she doesn't consider herself a hero, and doesn't want to be called one. I remember Max Cleland saying that, also. You hear the same thing from countless troops who were injured. I don't know if Senator McCain considers himself a hero or not. I suspect he's like most troops in that regard.

The left will cherry pick when it suits their agenda...the same decent and honorable McCain also vouched that there was nothing in the 23 years worth of tax returns that Romney turned over to his campaign that would make Romney ineligible to be a candidate for president.

Who said Romney was ineligible to be a candidate for president?

Who said Romney could be a felon??

Stephanie Cutter:

120717_cutter_605_ap.jpg

What a cutie!

OK - now your turn: Who said Romney was ineligible to be a candidate for president?

Who said Romney could be a felon??

Well if he lied about his SEC filings..he could have been.

But he simply lied to everyone else..

So he's not.

He's also a schmuck.

It's sort of cute how you're both avoiding the point that you don't give a shit about what McCain has to say unless it suits your political agenda.:lol:
According to Steve Schmidt, who ran McCain/Palin, nobody saw Bishop Romney's tax returns except for Culverhouse and the other guy - the two people charged with vetting potential Veeps for McCain, who got a report from his vetters.

McCain: "I can personally vouch for the fact that there was nothing in his tax returns that would in any way be disqualifying for him to be a candidate."

And that's a true statement. No matter what is in his tax returns, there is nothing in the Constitution that would disqualify him, based on those returns.

McCain is not above using deception or weasel words. Or outright lying, if it suited his purposes. He has before. Why wouldn't he, now?

Interesting is this the same John McCain that the left trashed and insulted so vigorously four year's ago.

trashed and insulted? I remember very few people trashing the Senator. Many people pointed out policy differences, questioned his VP choice and wondered about someone who doesn't know how many homes they owe, but I don't remember many trashing him.

The contrast between Obama's speech tonight and McCain's interview in Time Magazine this week could not have been more stark. Obama outlined his vision for America, and how his life experiences reflect on that vision in brilliant clarity.

In his interview in Time Magazine, McCain comes across as a cranky old man on 5 different medications who is losing it.

We can't afford another mentally deficient president.

that took me 3 seconds to find. Should I post a few dozen more?

Nothing, but let's not pretend that it's not politically motivated. It amuses me that people would sing McCain's praises on one hand and claim him to be so honorable, but then dismiss him when it is inconvenient.

Once again, I see no conflict with believing McCain to be an honorable man and disagreeing with him on many issues.

What "political motivation" are you seeing?

Good for you.

People from both sides will happily latch on to something that someone from the opposition says and highlight it to make a point that even people from the other side see it from their perspective. Again though, McCain's pedestal is more like a swivel stool that the left can quickly adjust.:D

Too funny. There was some really nasty vitriol against McCain during the 2008 primaries, from conservatives. Much nastier than anything from the Left during the 2008 general election.

There is likely plenty in his tax returns that will hurt him politically, without making him 'ineligible'.

Nobody stubbornly hides good news.

By this logic Obama is hiding a lot of bad news....Here are some of things he has still not released....

State senate papers, Academic transcripts, Medical records, List of small-dollar donors,
the Rashid Khalidi tape, the real White House guest list, Countless FOIA requests, Health reform negotiations, Fast and Furious documents....

obama-exhibit-2.jpg

The contrast between Obama's speech tonight and McCain's interview in Time Magazine this week could not have been more stark. Obama outlined his vision for America, and how his life experiences reflect on that vision in brilliant clarity.

In his interview in Time Magazine, McCain comes across as a cranky old man on 5 different medications who is losing it.

We can't afford another mentally deficient president.

that took me 3 seconds to find. Should I post a few dozen more?
Not 12 hours ago:

Too bad you were speaking metaphorically. I guess McCain is a liberal now.

"Liberal"... probably not full blown but, yes, mclame is a RINO.

Forum List

Back