A Self-Portrait of the Roma without the Stereotypes

https://nanasbloomers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Tomato-Roma-4.jpg

Created by Roma artists themselfes... not relying on how the non-roma stereotype the roma...

What do you think?

Lol..a pay wall?
Seriously?

My big fat Gypsy wedding...?
web-1_Delaine_Le_Bas_Gypsy_The_Elephant_In_The_Room_20.jpg

The host gallery seems available. At least some of it.

Why no pics of kids picking pockets and stealing purses at subway stations?

A 2015 police inquiry revealed that, in Rome, 40 families control 287 underage pickpockets. The families live in the gypsy camps of Rome and its surroundings. The gang who operated in Termini three years ago was squatting a factory in Aprilia. Magistrate Simonetta Matone stated that current situation reminds her of the early 90s when she and her colleagues monitored a gang of pickpockets. Each morning, a group of children left a camp in the outskirts of Rome for the historical centre. When the magistrate interrogated the children, they all said they left the camp to “go to work.”

Besides Rome, TripAdvisor’s Top 10 of cities includes Athens, Barcelona, Florence, Madrid, Paris and Prague: all tourist hotspots. As of 2008, the Paris Underground faced a steep increase in the number of underage pickpockets. When caught, they all refused to have their fingerprints or DNA taken. All of them pretended to be younger than 13. All of them said their last name was Hamidovic.

In 2010, the Italian police arrested in Rome a 58 year-old Bosnian gypsy, Fehim Hamidovic. The French police had noticed that many of the pickpockets could only express themselves decently in Italian. The authorities accused Fehim, his wife and their sons of leading a network of pickpockets that spanned from Amsterdam to Lisbon and from Budapest to Paris.

.... and a lot more.

Why no pics of kids picking pockets and stealing purses at subway stations?

A 2015 police inquiry revealed that, in Rome, 40 families control 287 underage pickpockets. The families live in the gypsy camps of Rome and its surroundings. The gang who operated in Termini three years ago was squatting a factory in Aprilia. Magistrate Simonetta Matone stated that current situation reminds her of the early 90s when she and her colleagues monitored a gang of pickpockets. Each morning, a group of children left a camp in the outskirts of Rome for the historical centre. When the magistrate interrogated the children, they all said they left the camp to “go to work.”

Besides Rome, TripAdvisor’s Top 10 of cities includes Athens, Barcelona, Florence, Madrid, Paris and Prague: all tourist hotspots. As of 2008, the Paris Underground faced a steep increase in the number of underage pickpockets. When caught, they all refused to have their fingerprints or DNA taken. All of them pretended to be younger than 13. All of them said their last name was Hamidovic.

In 2010, the Italian police arrested in Rome a 58 year-old Bosnian gypsy, Fehim Hamidovic. The French police had noticed that many of the pickpockets could only express themselves decently in Italian. The authorities accused Fehim, his wife and their sons of leading a network of pickpockets that spanned from Amsterdam to Lisbon and from Budapest to Paris.

.... and a lot more.

Because that doesnt represent gypsies, or roma people, just like the russian mafia or prostitution rings dont represent eastern europeans, but people seem never to know that about gypsies, they are always the "other" and always judged by the worst of the worst and their criminal members.

Because that doesnt represent gypsies, or roma people, just like the russian mafia or prostitution rings dont represent eastern europeans, but people seem never to know that about gypsies, they are always the "other" and always judged by the worst of the worst and their criminal members.

No, they're mostly accurate. I live near a couple of RV and trailer parks owned by Irish Travelers here. Some keep legit businesses and low profiles, but they only do that to provide covers for their theiving partners and relatives. They send their kids to a local Catholic grade school, where they are pulled out after finishing 6th grade and put to work. They have a good forgery operation and are provided with fake drivers licenses and SS numbers and other IDs. Not long ago some were involved in a bad wreck on the interstate, killing 6 people; the Travelers killed were three kids 12 and 3 years old; the driver of their vehicle was found to be 13. I've seen their women in grocery stores, wearing furs, expensive clothes, puffed up hair, and jewelry, and using EBT cards to pay for their groceries.

No, they're mostly accurate. I live near a couple of RV and trailer parks owned by Irish Travelers here. Some keep legit businesses and low profiles, but they only do that to provide covers for their theiving partners and relatives. They send their kids to a local Catholic grade school, where they are pulled out after finishing 6th grade and put to work. They have a good forgery operation and are provided with fake drivers licenses and SS numbers and other IDs. Not long ago some were involved in a bad wreck on the interstate, killing 6 people; the Travelers killed were three kids 12 and 3 years old; the driver of their vehicle was found to be 13.

Some Irish Travellers might live like that, but Im sure there are more Irish Travellers who dont live like that but since they are just British racially or Irish that doesnt appear somehow, they are only different if they live in trailers, so you would only know than. That is a bit different for roma, because they are genetically, and racially mixed race not fully caucasian or white. But they can live any way of life, not only criminal, and they are still gypsies because of their genetic fingerprint, irish travellers wouldnt be gypsies if they didnt lived in trailers, so you wouldnt know but im sure many irish travellers leave the trailers and become normal irish, always did. Just than you dont know it.

Some Irish Travellers might live like that, but Im sure there are more Irish Travellers who dont live like that but since they are just British racially or Irish that doesnt appear somehow, they are only different if they live in trailers, so you would only know than. That is a bit different for roma, because they are genetically, and racially mixed race not fully caucasian or white. But they can live any way of life, not only criminal, and they are still gypsies because of their genetic fingerprint, irish travellers wouldnt be gypsies if they didnt lived in trailers, so you wouldnt know but im sure many irish travellers leave the trailers and become normal irish, always did. Just than you dont know it.

lol no, they're a close knit gang of criminals, period. And they all still have their accents as well. They have permanent homes someplace on the southern east coasts, nice big houses in gated communities for the clan heads.

they are all scammers, and people have a right to be wary of them, gypsies, and other career criminal cultures. their PR people make all the same excuses you do for gypsies.

lol no, they're a close knit gang of criminals, period. And they all still have their accents as well. They have permanent homes someplace on the southern east coasts, nice big houses in gated communities for the clan heads.

they are all scammers, and people have a right to be wary of them, gypsies, and other career criminal cultures. their PR people make all the same excuses you do for gypsies.

I go by experience not media headlines, with media headlines you can create a image of everyone as bad, like if you post every day one media article that they are evil. People start believing that. In my experience gypsies can be normal. Why would they be all a close knit gang of criminals what makes them all a close knit gang of criminals?

What is a Serbian doing in Austria, someone with no visible way of self support and in a country of very strong pro Nazi attitudes and tradition ? And when that same person loves to dress as a strutting stereotype Nazi officer and loves the rubbish in life -- -poor and loud music , Nazi type uniforms and insignia --- What should we conclude ?

What is a Serbian doing in Austria, someone with no visible way of self support and in a country of very strong pro Nazi attitudes and tradition ? And when that same person loves to dress as a strutting stereotype Nazi officer and loves the rubbish in life -- -poor and loud music , Nazi type uniforms and insignia --- What should we conclude ?
I listen all types of music, from rock to pop to hip hop. Most people listen one or the other form of music I listen to. What do you listen only classical music? Why do you think that i like "rubbish" are you a arrogant snob? Why Im in Austria: I came as child of guest workers, when i was just turned 7 years old, in summer 1990. My dad is to blame and maybe further back his dad, because his dad was in Austria before, so my dad decided he will go to Austria as guest worker too.

I listen all types of music, from rock to pop to hip hop. Most people listen one or the other form of music I listen to. What do you listen only classical music? Why do you think that i like "rubbish" are you a arrogant snob? Why Im in Austria: I came as child of guest workers, when i was just turned 7 years old, in summer 1990. My dad is to blame and maybe further back his dad, because his dad was in Austria before, so my dad decided he will go to Austria as guest worker too.
I am an unrepentant snob because I love beauty and top quality in everything . My sensitivities automatically revolt at anything which is not the "best" . I visited dear Uncle Adolfs home country several times when much younger -- Innsbruck, Salzburg , Vienna etc etc and learned all about incredible cakes and pastries between falling down various mountains whilst on skis. The one good thing you appear to have done is to learn English to a good standard . So why you do not have a good job is hard to understand. Perhaps you have other ways of getting money .

I am an unrepentant snob because I love beauty and top quality in everything . My sensitivities automatically revolt at anything which is not the "best" . I visited dear Uncle Adolfs home country several times when much younger -- Innsbruck, Salzburg , Vienna etc etc and learned all about incredible cakes and pastries between falling down various mountains whilst on skis. The one good thing you appear to have done is to learn English to a good standard . So why you do not have a good job is hard to understand. Perhaps you have other ways of getting money .

I do not have a good job because Im ill and was retired by the government, and maybe because i lack motiviation, discipline and courage to go into risks and try something bigger like opening up a business or something, because i could lose everything and become homeless but i could become rich too. I live from a welfare and support of my family.

I do not have a good job because Im ill and was retired by the government, and maybe because i lack motiviation, discipline and courage to go into risks and try something bigger like opening up a business or something, because i could lose everything and become homeless but i could become rich too. I live from a welfare and support of my family.
Are your family into any good earners -- like trafficking ( brilliant central Europe position ) or drugs ? For medicinal purposes naturally. Can I be your UK rep ?

• Love
Reactions: cnm
Are your family into any good earners -- like trafficking ( brilliant central Europe position ) or drugs ? For medicinal purposes naturally. Can I be your UK rep ?
No they are for austrian standards working class and low income earners and we are not rich nor criminals Internet has everyone a Flatrate for a few euros a month and you get a phone for free why do you think I would have alot of money or that we are criminals?

tsigane-manouche.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back