A right to resist

I actually wrote this piece last year when Colin Kaepernick took a knee for the first time. I know some of you won't want to hear it, but thought I'd share anyway:

The country got all bent out of shape when an NFL player refused to stand up during the national anthem. I read the words he said by way of explanation. “I refuse to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

To me, that was a perfectly reasonable form of protest. Would they prefer him to start riots, shoot law enforcement officers, post ugly pictures on the internet? Would they prefer him to rant and rave, curse and swear? Throw his fists up in the air and threaten to physically retaliate for the years of oppression his people have suffered and continue to suffer?

Why, when our country's consistent, unrelenting oppression of black people is brought up, do we attack the spokesperson? Why do we not look deep into our past and repent? Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems? Why do we not feel badly that this young man even has to make a protest like this? Why do we immediately start placing blame on the protester and his method of protesting?

One of the young men in the movie The Great Debaters said: St Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all." Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter."

Where you whole argument falls apart is that it's based on the lie that people of color are oppressed.
I fail to see why there would be so many civil rights organizations, urban leagues, national action networks, repairers of the breach, P.O.W.E.R., Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, and authors like Michelle Alexander, Michael Eric Dyson, D. Watkins, Edward Ball, and many more, if no oppression was going on to write about or fight. Do you think people make this stuff up? Do you think they do not know what has happened and continues to happen?

Just because some live in a totally different world and refuse to see the validity in their life struggles, it does not mean they are not real.

I fail to see why there would be so many civil rights organizations, urban leagues, national action networks, repairers of the breach, P.O.W.E.R., Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, and authors like Michelle Alexander, Michael Eric Dyson, D. Watkins, Edward Ball, and many more, if no oppression was going on to write about or fight.
The answer is quite simple.

Race pimps make a lot of money selling their books and giving divisive hate speeches about how everything is whitey's fault. ..... :cool:

I actually wrote this piece last year when Colin Kaepernick took a knee for the first time. I know some of you won't want to hear it, but thought I'd share anyway:

The country got all bent out of shape when an NFL player refused to stand up during the national anthem. I read the words he said by way of explanation. “I refuse to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

To me, that was a perfectly reasonable form of protest. Would they prefer him to start riots, shoot law enforcement officers, post ugly pictures on the internet? Would they prefer him to rant and rave, curse and swear? Throw his fists up in the air and threaten to physically retaliate for the years of oppression his people have suffered and continue to suffer?

Why, when our country's consistent, unrelenting oppression of black people is brought up, do we attack the spokesperson? Why do we not look deep into our past and repent? Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems? Why do we not feel badly that this young man even has to make a protest like this? Why do we immediately start placing blame on the protester and his method of protesting?

One of the young men in the movie The Great Debaters said: St Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all." Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter."

Where you whole argument falls apart is that it's based on the lie that people of color are oppressed.
I fail to see why there would be so many civil rights organizations, urban leagues, national action networks, repairers of the breach, P.O.W.E.R., Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, and authors like Michelle Alexander, Michael Eric Dyson, D. Watkins, Edward Ball, and many more, if no oppression was going on to write about or fight. Do you think people make this stuff up? Do you think they do not know what has happened and continues to happen?

Just because some live in a totally different world and refuse to see the validity in their life struggles, it does not mean they are not real.

It's called the Race Grievance Industry. They power it, they perpetuate it and many profit highly off of it. They are the ones who make all this shit up.

[...]

[...]
He earns substantially more for playing football than the most White physicians and university professors earn and he's ashamed of the Nation which enabled his success, as well as similar levels of success by hundreds more Black sports figure. One can only wonder what this ball-playing monkey would be doing if he lived in another country -- such as Africa.
See, that phrase ball playing monkey? It's that ingrained attitude that some whites still hold that black people are animals, nothing more, and that no matter what heights they reach, how successful or rich or famous, they're still seen as "less than," And you think they can't feel that? You think they can't sense that and pick up that negative vibe?

I fail to see why there would be so many civil rights organizations, urban leagues, national action networks, repairers of the breach, P.O.W.E.R., Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, and authors like Michelle Alexander, Michael Eric Dyson, D. Watkins, Edward Ball, and many more, if no oppression was going on to write about or fight.
The answer is quite simple.

Race pimps make a lot of money selling their books and giving divisive hate speeches about how everything is whitey's fault. ..... :cool:
Actually, you calling them race pimps says that you have no respect for them or what they experience. And their books, when read with an open mind, can bring people together, not make them hate anyone.

It's called the Race Grievance Industry. They power it, they perpetuate it and many profit highly off of it. They are the ones who make all this shit up.
Never heard that phrase. I don't believe they are making things up at all. I believe they're just bringing into the light what has been done in the darkness.

A right to resist is just right. A perfect scenario. What about a right to exist? Perhaps a right to self segregate. Will a negro league survive once White fans abstain? Will a negro nation survive once Whites realize what is actually being delivered? Although with total respect to the First Amendment albeit none to the flag. An icon of civic nationalism. The negro has defiled that icon. Turned his back on civic nationalism. White Nationalists were not first to jump the civic ship. Works for me and a ton of other White Nationalists. Let me get a front row seat as the League of Negro Felons enters the demise phase.

Some of those who participated in the protest have been arrested for a variety of crimes, including:

• Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler, for battery and assault in two separate incidents in July 2017 and March 2016, respectively
  • Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, for aggravated assault in March 2003 and leaving the scene of an accident and driving with a suspended license in March 2016
  • New Orleans Saints running back Adrian Peterson, for injury to a child in Sept. 2014
  • Kansas City Chiefs tight end Demetrius Harris, for felony marijuana possession in March 2017
  • Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, for marijuana possession in Aug. 2014
  • Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, for felony drug possession and reckless endangerment behind the wheel in two separate incidents in May 2014
  • Seattle Seahawks practice quarterback Trevone Boykin, for marijuana possession and violating probation in March 2017 and April 2017, respectively
  • Baltimore Ravens former linebacker Ray Lewis, for murder in Jan. 2000; he ultimately testified in the case and received one year of probation and a $250,000 fine from the NFL
  • New Orleans Saints defensive end Alex Okafor, for evading arrest and running from the scene after police tried to detain him in March 2015
  • Tennessee Titans outside linebacker Derrick Morgan, for speeding and driving with a suspended license in June 2010
  • Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Artie Burns, for driving with a suspended license in June 2017
  • Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller, for failure to appear in court on previous traffic charges, including careless driving and driving without a license, in Aug. 2013 and cited for driving with a suspended license in Sept. 2013

Folks, Race/Race Relations has been getting a whole lot of traffic lately. In all the excitement I think some are forgetting it is Zone 2. That means posts need to contain content addressing the topic and there are a lot that aren't meeting that low bar - and have been cleaned from the thread.

For a refresher - the topic isn't about the personal characteristics of particular members - that is best taken up in the Flame Zone (where I think there are some threads and plenty of room to stretch out).

So...on topic please :)

Strange you mention those examples.

That's exactly what Black Lives Matter is doing outside of the stadiums. They HAVE started riots, shot and killed innocent law enforcement officers, posted ugly pictures.

As you know, Colin Kaepernick showing his disrespect for our flag and our National Anthem has demonstrated what Americans thought of his disdain. Kaepernick is now unemployed. Probably won't play professional football in the US ever again and that's a good thing!

The vast majority of American's are vehemently opposed to the demonstrations seen this past weekend on the football fields. My guess is that if you asked the 200 or so players who took part in these demonstrations what was the purpose of their taking a knew, independently, you'd get 200 answers.

You anti-white racists just don't get it. Black people are not the only people who suffer from police brutality. White people do too. Therefore the asshole's protest is racist in nature.

Some extraordinarily racist people pass on their hatred to their children, and I think it is a form of child abuse.

For instance, I know this one disgusting racist kunt who raised her son to hate white people. A while back he was arrested for sucker punching random white people, including a judge. And since this is not his first violent crime he has struck out. If the judge is extraordinarily lenient he is going to serve the statutory minimum of 10 years in prison.

His mother is such a complete fucking idiot that she blames it on his schizophrenia even though that disease does NOT cause people to become violent against others. She is so fucking stupid that she believes that raising her son to hate white people had absolutely nothing to do it.

I hope she is very proud of the way she raised a son that is likely going to have a miserable life and die in a Pennsylvania prison.

Yep, she has done a whole lot of good for black people by practically guaranteeing that her black son would have a miserable life mostly spent in prison that will most likely end in a lonely prison.

Yet she claims to be a champion for black people.

THINK!
Holy shit! What a shitty parent. Such a person doesn't make for a very good blacks rights activist either, if they aren't willing to separate the the wheat from the chaff based on the content of their character, rather than the color of their skin.

See, that phrase ball playing monkey? It's that ingrained attitude that some whites still hold that black people are animals, nothing more, and that no matter what heights they reach, how successful or rich or famous, they're still seen as "less than," And you think they can't feel that? You think they can't sense that and pick up that negative vibe?
I used that offensive reference because I want to offend that narcissistic punk. He and the rest of those vainglorious, ungrateful, shaved apes have brought disfavor on themselves but I'm sure they don't have the intelligence or character it takes to understand why. They are incapable of understanding how fed up people are becoming with this endless racial complaining.

It's one thing when we hear it from semi-literate ghetto rats who think the world owes them a living because of long-past Black slavery and Jim Crow, but here we have a bunch of privileged thugs who are expressing contempt for a Nation which facilitates their being made rich by playing football. They are too stupid to realize how absurd their nonsense really is.

The dumbass from your movie example apparently hasn't figured out he's not the one that gets to decide whether a law is just or unjust. That's not determined by personal opinion.

Tell you what, resist with violence and you'll get what our deserve.

Save that advice for yourself.

I don't put myself in these types of situations. Someone that does then resists deserves whatever they get.

Seems like your thread title is perfectly misleading. Perfect because it's criminals who resist arrest that get killed.

It shouldn't be an automatic execution if you resist arrest but you could end up dead if u try it

That's why, despite their claims, they really don't want things to be the way they claim they want them.

Never heard that phrase. I don't believe they are making things up at all. I believe they're just bringing into the light what has been done in the darkness.

Like what? You just accept what they say, but where's the proof? Trayvon Martin was a lie, Michael Brown was a lie, the only one that was true was that one in SC and the cop was jailed for murder. They are truly making it all up.

Like what? You just accept what they say, but where's the proof? Trayvon Martin was a lie, Michael Brown was a lie, the only one that was true was that one in SC and the cop was jailed for murder. They are truly making it all up.
Where'

Like what? You just accept what they say, but where's the proof? Trayvon Martin was a lie, Michael Brown was a lie, the only one that was true was that one in SC and the cop was jailed for murder. They are truly making it all up.[

Likewise, where is the proof that they were lies? I don't think the media portrayals are accurate and we probably will never know all of the facts of the matter.

Colin K was protesting blacks killed by cops behind the thinly veiled lie that cops are targeting blacks. What he doesn't tell you is that if you take racial crime stats in say.....NY you see that blacks commit 51% more crimes. That means the police involvement is more prevalent. When you hear the stat that blacks are 2.5% more likely be in a deadly altercation with law enforcement suddenly that 2.5% is far below what would be predicted considering the much higher crime rate and police involvement. It's really easy to mess with stats and present only the few that support your side and present them in a way that emotes fear and hatred of law enforcement. Colin K should be protesting the 51% crime rate among his own race. That is the real cause of violent black deaths.

Last edited:
I used the term, ". . . ball-playing monkey" in referring to one individual. No one else.

I used the term, " . . . shaved apes" in referring to a specific group of kneeling nitwits. No one else.

Do I feel those persons whom my "monkey" and "shaved ape" references addressed are "less than" (in your words)? Indeed I do. And it is they, themselves, who have demonstrated their "less than" status by behaving in a distinctly "less than" manner.

Any Black person who chooses to identify with those ball-playing monkeys is doing so only because he or she thrives on self-pity and feeling oppressed, a condition which affects a substantial percentage of contemporary American Blacks.

If I were to refer to a Black athlete, such as Mohammad Ali, in admiring terms, is any other Black person entitled to feel exalted by my words for no better reason than he or she is Black, too? What kind of onanistic nonsense would that be?

Had I said all Blacks are monkeys or shaved apes, now that would be a very different situation would it not? But I didn't say that, did I?

I used the term, ". . . ball-playing monkey" in referring to one individual. No one else.

I used the term, " . . . shaved apes" in referring to a specific group of kneeling nitwits. No one else.

Do I feel those persons whom my "monkey" and "shaved ape" references addressed are "less than" (in your words)? Indeed I do. And it is they, themselves, who have demonstrated their "less than" status by behaving in a distinctly "less than" manner.

Any Black person who chooses to identify with those ball-playing monkeys is doing so only because he or she thrives on self-pity and feeling oppressed, a condition which affects a substantial percentage of contemporary American Blacks.

If I were to refer to a Black athlete, such as Mohammad Ali, in admiring terms, is any other Black person entitled to feel exalted by my words for no better reason than he or she is Black, too? What kind of onanistic nonsense would that be?

Had I said all Blacks are monkeys or shaved apes, now that would be a very different situation would it not? But I didn't say that, did I?

Add to that and the fact they don't even know what they are protesting in the first place and well.....it's hard to argue they are the sharpest tools in the shed.

Forum List

Back