Meet Miss Lavinia Woodward

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
_96084706_mediaitem96085306.jpg

Lavinia is causing something of a stir in the UK. Recently, under the influence of drugs, she stabbed her boyfriend with a kitchen knife.

Lavinia is a posh 24 year old studying medicine at Oxford. And,when she went to court, she beat the rap. She could have been sent down for 3 years but received a suspended sentence and walked away to continue her life of privilege.

Some are suggesting that her patrician background helped her in this. A judge at an earlier hearing stated that:

he believed a custodial sentence would damage her career.

I have to agree with him on that score.

You have to wonder if a black man with a drug habit would have received such a benevolent admonishment.

How does it work in the US ?

Stab attack Oxford student spared jail

Lavinia is causing something of a stir in the UK. Recently, under the influence of drugs, she stabbed her boyfriend with a kitchen knife.

Lavinia is a posh 24 year old studying medicine at Oxford. And,when she went to court, she beat the rap. She could have been sent down for 3 years but received a suspended sentence and walked away to continue her life of privilege.

Some are suggesting that her patrician background helped her in this. A judge at an earlier hearing stated that:

You have to wonder if a black man with a drug habit would have received such a benevolent admonishment.

Depends on the idiot judge.

Plenty of examples of minorities getting passes from lefty judges.

There's a difference between a black man and a white vagina. Nobody ever says, "Damn, we need this white vagina off the streets before it hurts somebody."

A judge cut this woman some slack and all Tommy sees is skin color. Speaking of color, the OP is a red herring.

A judge cut this woman some slack and all Tommy sees is skin color. Speaking of color, the OP is a red herring.
Well there is a bit more to it than that. Gender and class are also in the mix.
I am not convinced the Judge got it wrong in this instance. But that is not the issue is it ?

Her crime was a jilted lover's act of passion while drunk.

A black guy's stabbing rampage would most likely be during the commission of a robbery or some other violent crime. ...... :cool:

I am not convinced the Judge got it wrong in this instance. But that is not the issue is it ?
You appear to be the only one with an issue here. LOL

Recently a black judge in some southern town reduced the sentence of a fellow black guy guilty of a home invasion, assault and robbery because the victims's 4 year old daughter said she was now scared of black people after witnessing the crime.

All joking and Blacks aside, she should've been sent to prison.

The link refers to a "Bread knife"?

I'm wondering just how badly this guy was hurt.

And a suspended sentence is no joke. Especially for an addict that can't control addiction.

All joking and Blacks aside, she should've been sent to prison.

The link refers to a "Bread knife"?

I'm wondering just how badly this guy was hurt.

And a suspended sentence is no joke. Especially for an addict that can't control addiction.
A suspended sentence is an amazing result for her.

There was no information in the article about how badly the man was hurt, or not.

Is this a first offense?

What is the recommended sentence?

These are reasonable questions that were not answered in the article.

I understand the judges reasoning, but she should have been dealt with just like any one else.
It was still HER fault.

You'd have to wonder if a white man did that to his girlfriend what the punishment would be.

You'd have to wonder if a white man did that to his girlfriend what the punishment would be.
She obviously needs help. But then a lot of people in our prisons need help.

She obviously needs help. But then a lot of people in our prisons need help.

I agree she does. Still wondering what the punishment would be for a white man that did that to his girlfriend?

Class has always made a big difference.

This is the standard butterknife.

I'd like to see this stab wound before passing judgement.

butter-knife_2849238.jpg

Forum List

Back