A right to resist

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
I actually wrote this piece last year when Colin Kaepernick took a knee for the first time. I know some of you won't want to hear it, but thought I'd share anyway:

The country got all bent out of shape when an NFL player refused to stand up during the national anthem. I read the words he said by way of explanation. “I refuse to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

To me, that was a perfectly reasonable form of protest. Would they prefer him to start riots, shoot law enforcement officers, post ugly pictures on the internet? Would they prefer him to rant and rave, curse and swear? Throw his fists up in the air and threaten to physically retaliate for the years of oppression his people have suffered and continue to suffer?

Why, when our country's consistent, unrelenting oppression of black people is brought up, do we attack the spokesperson? Why do we not look deep into our past and repent? Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems? Why do we not feel badly that this young man even has to make a protest like this? Why do we immediately start placing blame on the protester and his method of protesting?

One of the young men in the movie The Great Debaters said: St Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all." Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter."

Last edited:
I actually wrote this piece last year when Colin Kaepernick took a knee for the first time. I know some of you won't want to hear it, but thought I'd share anyway:

The country got all bent out of shape when an NFL player refused to stand up during the national anthem. I read the words he said by way of explanation. “I refuse to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

To me, that was a perfectly reasonable form of protest. Would they prefer him to start riots, shoot law enforcement officers, post ugly pictures on the internet? Would they prefer him to rant and rave, curse and swear? Throw his fists up in the air and threaten to physically retaliate for the years of oppression his people have suffered and continue to suffer?

Why, when our country's consistent, unrelenting oppression of black people is brought up, do we attack the spokesperson? Why do we not look deep into our past and repent? Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems? Why do we not feel badly that this young man even has to make a protest like this? Why do we immediately start placing blame on the protester and his method of protesting?

St Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all. Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter."

He and the other pampered billionaires can do as the please in preaching just how oppressed they are from the back of the Bentley or Rolls Royces they are chauffeured in.

What you don't grasp, or what you refuse to acknowledge, is that I am also free to show my contempt for these arrogant pricks by refusing to watch the NFL or buy any product that advertises with the NFL.

I'll miss Bud Light Platinum, but I won't spend a dime that will find it's way to any of these self-righteous prima donnas

Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems?
Exactly where is this unequal housing, education and healthcare systems taking place? .... :dunno:

A black person can rent, buy, or live, in any house they want. Blacks can move into any school district and send their children to school with no problem. And I don't know of any doctor or hospital that is racially segregated?

As for the criminal justice system. Black people commit crimes at a much higher rate than other races. So of course there are higher percentages of black people that are incarcerated. ...... :cool:

Last edited:

One of the young men in the movie The Great Debaters said: St Augustine said, "An unjust law is no law at all." Which means I have a right, even a duty to resist. With violence or civil disobedience. You should pray I choose the latter."
The injustice is mostly in the heads of blacks. I've seen negro "reasoning" before. They're utterly retarded. Americans have the right to boycott stupid apes they no longer find entertaining. Negroes should take notes: most of their jobs in this country are from entertainment or manual labor. They're not thinkers and whites don't really need them.

I Why do we not look deep into our present policies, our present unequal criminal justice system, our unequal housing, education and healthcare systems?
Exactly where is this unequal housing, education and healthcare systems taking place? .... :dunno:

A black person can rent, buy, or live, in any house they want. Blacks can move into any school district and send their children to school with no problem. And I don't know of any doctor or hospital that is racially segregated.

As for the criminal justice system. Black people commit crimes at a much higher rate than other races. So of course there are higher percentages of black people that are incarcerated. ...... :cool:
The negro mind thinks that's still racist. Have you seen some liberals on here? They think the fact that Roof was arrested without incident and the fact that Garner died is proof of racism. Nevermind the fact that Garner resisted arrest, unlike Roof.

It's not the civil disobedience that people have a problem with, it's the method and the forum. People watch the game and support his salary, in effect, it is the paying fans who are the boss. They don't want politics in their sport, especially when the league prevented other expressions of political issues.

He has accomplished one thing for sure, division. This isn't Trump, he didn't kneel for the anthem. What remains to be seen is what will change with the issue he has a problem with because of his kneeling for the anthem. I'm guessing not a whole hell of a alot.

I could recommend dozens of tactics he could have supported or employed that would have been more effective and it wouldn't upset a sport that people watch to escape their problems. Entertainment is just that, life isn't a 24/7 game of activism, even if some well paid actors on the alt-left want it to be.

I'm of the "shut up and play", "shut up and act", "shut up and sing" crowd. I am so tired of being lectured to by holier than thou individuals in arts/sports/media who feel the need to pontificate every waking moment of every waking day.

[...]

[...]
He earns substantially more for playing football than the most White physicians and university professors earn and he's ashamed of the Nation which enabled his success, as well as similar levels of success by hundreds more Black sports figure. One can only wonder what this ball-playing monkey would be doing if he lived in another country -- such as Africa.

The injustice is mostly in the heads of blacks. I've seen negro "reasoning" before. They're utterly retarded. Americans have the right to boycott stupid apes they no longer find entertaining. Negroes should take notes: most of their jobs in this country are from entertainment or manual labor. They're not thinkers and whites don't really need them.
Racial issues of this magnitude cause me to step away from any feelings of Liberal tolerance I've tried to adhere to and to feel sympathy for the decent, sensible, respectable Black people who are compromised by the actions of these spoiled, senseless, vainglorious, ungrateful n!ggers.

Just saw Sean Hannity say this was disrespecting first responders.

Now get this. They SAME first responders whose healthcare was blocked by Republicans for 10 fuking years.

And who finally got them the healthcare they desperately needed? Yep, Senator Hillary Clinton.

Hilarious!

You anti-white racists just don't get it. Black people are not the only people who suffer from police brutality. White people do too. Therefore the asshole's protest is racist in nature.

Some extraordinarily racist people pass on their hatred to their children, and I think it is a form of child abuse.

For instance, I know this one disgusting racist kunt who raised her son to hate white people. A while back he was arrested for sucker punching random white people, including a judge. And since this is not his first violent crime he has struck out. If the judge is extraordinarily lenient he is going to serve the statutory minimum of 10 years in prison.

His mother is such a complete fucking idiot that she blames it on his schizophrenia even though that disease does NOT cause people to become violent against others. She is so fucking stupid that she believes that raising her son to hate white people had absolutely nothing to do it.

I hope she is very proud of the way she raised a son that is likely going to have a miserable life and die in a Pennsylvania prison.

Yep, she has done a whole lot of good for black people by practically guaranteeing that her black son would have a miserable life mostly spent in prison that will most likely end in a lonely prison.

Yet she claims to be a champion for black people.

THINK!

Last edited:

but there is not consistent/unrelenting /chronic oppression of black people
please prove this and I will protest with you

but I can prove blacks commit crime way out of proportion to their population-
they graduate at lower levels
maybe---maybe blacks are the problem?? NO way!!!!!!!!!! can't be!!!!!!!!!!!
some blacks get into college because they are black
some whites denied college because they are white
whites getting oppressed

Last edited:

It's not the civil disobedience that people have a problem with, it's the method and the forum. People watch the game and support his salary, in effect, it is the paying fans who are the boss. They don't want politics in their sport, especially when the league prevented other expressions of political issues.

He has accomplished one thing for sure, division. This isn't Trump, he didn't kneel for the anthem. What remains to be seen is what will change with the issue he has a problem with because of his kneeling for the anthem. I'm guessing not a whole hell of a alot.

I could recommend dozens of tactics he could have supported or employed that would have been more effective and it wouldn't upset a sport that people watch to escape their problems. Entertainment is just that, life isn't a 24/7 game of activism, even if some well paid actors on the alt-left want it to be.
and Kap did it for unsubstantiated reasons = lies/myths

[...]

[...]
He earns substantially more for playing football than the most White physicians and university professors earn and he's ashamed of the Nation which enabled his success, as well as similar levels of success by hundreds more Black sports figure. One can only wonder what this ball-playing monkey would be doing if he lived in another country -- such as Africa.
plus blacks are over represented in government jobs--good pay--good benefits--better than a lot of private companies

The dumbass from your movie example apparently hasn't figured out he's not the one that gets to decide whether a law is just or unjust. That's not determined by personal opinion.

Tell you what, resist with violence and you'll get what our deserve.

The dumbass from your movie example apparently hasn't figured out he's not the one that gets to decide whether a law is just or unjust. That's not determined by personal opinion.

Tell you what, resist with violence and you'll get what our deserve.

Save that advice for yourself.

Just another one of your post and run OP's.

You rarely stick around to debate the issues you present.

I advise people here to just ignore your threads, and stop wasting their time with your nonsense. ..... :cool:
She claims she wrote it...but I am highly doubtful.
No doubt about it - it's page 73 of my published book.

Where you whole argument falls apart is that it's based on the lie that people of color are oppressed.

“I refuse to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.”

That is absolute BULLSHIT, and it is why the player is unemployed and the rest of the NFL is looking at irrelevance.

Forum List

Back