A revolt is growing as more people refuse to pay back student loans

Taxpayers should only be on the hook for students of social justice, sustainable energy, and climate change programs.

The important stuff. Lol

What's better, giving BILLIONS away to foreign countries so that they keep getting better, or keeping that money here at home and spending it on OUR people?

I really don't know what you people are opposed to here, except that perhaps you are just selfish people. Are you? Besides which, once that TAX money leaves your hands, it is not your money anymore. It is the pooled together and becomes OUR money. And BTW, I pay taxes too. I also have a say.

Taxpayers should only be on the hook for students of social justice, sustainable energy, and climate change programs.

The important stuff. Lol

What's better, giving BILLIONS away to foreign countries so that they keep getting better, or keeping that money here at home and spending it on OUR people?

I really don't know what you people are opposed to here, except that perhaps you are just selfish people. Are you? Besides which, once that TAX money leaves your hands, it is not your money anymore. It is the pooled together and becomes OUR money. And BTW, I pay taxes too. I also have a say.

I suspect the idea is to not take it in the first place.

The important stuff. Lol

Well that's a pipe dream and quite unrealistic. Let's try to be real here, K?

The important stuff. Lol

Heh.. reducing taxes is a pipe dream? Ok, pass the bong.

The important stuff. Lol

I'm for reducing taxes on businesses so that they stay here in this country. I am all about bettering MY country. Too bad others are more about themselves. Shame.

Surely wealthy bleeding heart libs and grassroots progressives have already placed assets in a fund to help all those seeking free educations.....

The important stuff. Lol

I'm for reducing taxes on businesses so that they stay here in this country. I am all about bettering MY country. Too bad others are more about themselves. Shame.

No, the shame is on those who can't be bothered to spend their own money on bettering their country - who want to see it taken from others instead.

What happened to being responsible for what you do?
No one forced these people into taking out student loans.
They could have worked their way through college maybe even deciding to go to a community college or even a vocation school to ease the burden. They decided to take a student loan instead. It was their decision now they have to learn to live with it.

Again, it's not "free shit for all." It is a free education for those who qualify in fields that we are currently facing a shortage of workers in. Do you understand yet? I mean really, how many times do I have to repeat this. Perhaps you should put your glasses on and calm down. Maybe you need a nap or something. Lol. ;)

Nobody is qualified for free college.

So these students are revolting against paying back a loan they volunteered to take all by themselves. Only a libturd would think of revolting against something they signed up for.
But they were guaranteed work in their field when they graduate. They can't possibly be held responsible for their loans if they're subject to the whims of the evil job market. Can they?

:confused-84:

So these students are revolting against paying back a loan they volunteered to take all by themselves. Only a libturd would think of revolting against something they signed up for.
But they were guaranteed work in their field when they graduate. They can't possibly be held responsible for their loans if they're subject to the whims of the evil job market. Can they?

:confused-84:
Nooo, can't have any of that responsibility shit falling on these poor delicate snowflakes. I mean who knew a a degree in basket weaving wasn't going to pan out?

No, the shame is on those who can't be bothered to spend their own money on bettering their country - who want to see it taken from others instead.

It is my money. I pay taxes too. What makes you think it's just your money? All the money that is taken from taxpayers is pooled together. Therefore, ALL of us would be paying, not just you.

It is my money. I pay taxes too. What makes you think it's just your money? All the money that is taken from taxpayers is pooled together. Therefore, ALL of us would be paying, not just you.

Not all, just 51% who pays FICA.

I guess some of you have never heard of an academic scholarship before. How about we get rid of athletic scholarships and give those to students whose academic merit deserves a scholarship? Also, those billions of dollars we send to other countries (some of which they might use to send THEIR kids to college for free, like they do in other countries) could be used towards helping our people here in America. What's wrong with that?

And do tell, how is it "broke?"

Um...the point you are arguing? That people are borrowing too much money then can't pay back their loans? Hello ... now you're demanding links for your own arguments?

The American people gave far more than the American government did, contradicting your claim again we're a bunch of cheap, selfish people. Foreign was the reverse, almost all giving was their government. And yes, all foreign aid should be eliminated, every dime

I agree. NO more foreign aid to anyone. They love our money but after getting OUR money they have no problem kicking us in the teeth.

As for college?? No way should the taxpayers pay for someones college educations. You want to go to college get a loan or get off your ass and put yourself through college.

Seeing the way things are right now folks would be better off in a trade school. Electricians and plumbers are always in demand. The hell with college. Go for something thats going to help you in your life.

How many college kids out there can't find a job??

And . . . how many electricians and plumbers do we need? Good Lord.

How many college educated unemployed do we need??

Hey. You want them all to have a free education then whip out your wallet. Your Debit Card and your checkbook. Pay away. I'm sure they will pay you back.

Brainless.

Another big spender using everyone elses money. Figures.

Sorry, but once your tax money is put into the pool, so to speak, it no longer belongs to you. All of that money that we invest in foreign aid could easily pay for college education. How do you think they do it in other countries and why are you against it? Please explain.

So you put in some of your money, then you take a bunch of my money, and bam, now it's our money and you get to decide how to spend it. OK, that makes sense now, thanks for clarifying

we understand that education isn't important to the right.... but it should be

Stopped reading here. Look Tootsie, if you want to debate me, debate me, not W. I have no interest in defending someone elses views. Capisce?

Yet, the GI bill was the single largest factor in creating the post-WWII middle class. So, the notion that the govt should not invest in training workers is .... patently false, and not worth even commenting upon.

This could be in textbooks as an example of the logical fallacy "begging the question."

Further, your unswerving belief in the Bennett hypothesis is simply not supported by evidence. The data is mixed. But there is support for finding that if tax aid to universities increases, tuition decreases.

Does financial aid make college more expensive - Ideas - The Boston Globe

So what about addressing the point I keep asking you.

Do you believe the housing "bubble" was created because the market was flooded with low cost money to people who couldn't pay it back? While there are a lot of disagreement on the bubble and who's to blame, everyone seems to agree with that.

If so, how do you turn around and claim that flooding the market with low cost money to people who can't pay it back would not cause an educational "bubble" of inflated costs?

It's amazing how leftists can look at Tweedledee and Tweedledum and see no resemblance. Remarkable.

But any institution that has a lot of brick and cement and grass has inordinate amounts of inflation. And, if there is any consensus it is basically that not for profit colleges will (and must) consume as much revenue as they have. Further colleges are no different from any other organization. If you give workers a raise or more benefits in year X, you have that same expense plus something in year Xplus1.

The Tuition is Too Damn High Part VII Is government aid actually making college more expensive - The Washington Post

I think it's fair to sum up that to control the cost of education, we have to put some dollar cap on how much a college can spend to educate each student.

Once again, you want to solve government with government, you are consistent.

PCs, airlines and other "brick and cement" businesses have an "inordinate amounts of inflation" is ridiculous. The price of technology, airline seats and plenty of other businesses have endlessly low costs spirling lower, It is the lack of accountability that is causing academic prices to skyrocket, and government is creating that. Only government can create that on such a massive scale

Forum List

Back