A revolt is growing as more people refuse to pay back student loans

Sorry, but so far, all I've read is a bunch of whining and crying. What better way to invest in our kids' futures than to invest in a college education or other job training opportunities? I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would be opposed to such a fantastic idea.

There's a lot you obviously cannot understand... you wasted a lot of money on college, if you indeed did pay a cent toward your education.

You should have gone to work at the U.S. Postal Service... that would have been right up your alley.

Oh really? Why don't you explain your comment please. Or is this just you using insults again because you have NO good argument? :D

I think it is pretty self-explanatory. You're just another kid here whining about free this and free that. It has been explained to you again and again and again that it is completely possible to get a higher education in this country if you want one. Some have to work at it harder than others, such is life.

As my Dad used to say.. "the world doesn't owe you a living".
Actually the exact opposite has been proven. 9% of those in bottom quintile get a bachelors, while 99% in the highest do so. You simply cannot attribute THAT disparity to the poor being lazy, especially because in 1970 the figures were 6% to something line 50% or a little less.

But at the same time, there's no support to the notion of just spending more will make it better .... or really a lot better.

http://www.centerforamerica.org/pledge/gr/AAMGA_Magazine_Ratzenberger_CFA_Article_8-11.pdf
Fox Butterfield, is that you?

Don't know who that is. Why don't you give us your take on this matter and why you are against it or for it?

I do not favor "free" higher education. Take a look at the unemployment ratio for all of those educated 20 somethings in France. Connect the dots.

Of course, if we ever did adopt such a program, it could be tweaked to fit OUR needs. Like I mentioned earlier, we seek job hunters from OTHER countries to fill spots that we cannot fill here, such as engineers, computer technicians, etc. Why do you think when you call for help with a problem with your PC, you get to speak to someone from India?

Lack of Skilled Workers Threatens Economic Growth In STEM Fields - US News

Because they work for $3/hour... you can't be that stupid can you?

That is not the only reason why. You need to read the links provided if you ever want to learn.

Do y
To provide a free education opportunity to students who have EARNED it through their attendance, their grades and other such measures is only helpful to US and OUR future as a country, so that we can compete with the other countries that are currently outdoing us in tech fields, etc. The way things stand now, a lot of deserving kids will never have the opportunity to attend college.

Do you ever stop whining about such nonsense?

http://www.centerforamerica.org/pledge/gr/AAMGA_Magazine_Ratzenberger_CFA_Article_8-11.pdf
Don't know who that is. Why don't you give us your take on this matter and why you are against it or for it?

I do not favor "free" higher education. Take a look at the unemployment ratio for all of those educated 20 somethings in France. Connect the dots.

Of course, if we ever did adopt such a program, it could be tweaked to fit OUR needs. Like I mentioned earlier, we seek job hunters from OTHER countries to fill spots that we cannot fill here, such as engineers, computer technicians, etc. Why do you think when you call for help with a problem with your PC, you get to speak to someone from India?

That is not the only reason why. You need to read the links provided if you ever want to learn.

Do y
To provide a free education opportunity to students who have EARNED it through their attendance, their grades and other such measures is only helpful to US and OUR future as a country, so that we can compete with the other countries that are currently outdoing us in tech fields, etc. The way things stand now, a lot of deserving kids will never have the opportunity to attend college.

I am making the argument to support my cause. You, on the other hand, are doing all the whining and insulting here. Obviously, you are a very angry person.

Sorry, but so far, all I've read is a bunch of whining and crying. What better way to invest in our kids' futures than to invest in a college education or other job training opportunities? I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would be opposed to such a fantastic idea.

There's a lot you obviously cannot understand... you wasted a lot of money on college, if you indeed did pay a cent toward your education.

You should have gone to work at the U.S. Postal Service... that would have been right up your alley.

Oh really? Why don't you explain your comment please. Or is this just you using insults again because you have NO good argument? :D

I think it is pretty self-explanatory. You're just another kid here whining about free this and free that. It has been explained to you again and again and again that it is completely possible to get a higher education in this country if you want one. Some have to work at it harder than others, such is life.

Actually the exact opposite has been proven. 9% of those in bottom quintile get a bachelors, while 99% in the highest do so. You simply cannot attribute THAT disparity to the poor being lazy, especially because in 1970 the figures were 6% to something line 50% or a little less.

But at the same time, there's no support to the notion of just spending more will make it better .... or really a lot better.

I said nothing about the poor being lazy... nothing at all.. so don't pull out that tired drek. All I said was that it is possible to get an education... there are many ways of doing it. Maybe part-time, foregoing the whole on campus thing.

It can be done. Chrissy's point is that the only answer is federally funded for all, which of course is not the way to go. All you'll end up with is a bunch of career students... shit, you want to be a career student, then you pay for it.

I said nothing about the poor being lazy... nothing at all.. so don't pull out that tired drek. All I said was that it is possible to get an education... there are many ways of doing it. Maybe part-time, foregoing the whole on campus thing.

It can be done. Chrissy's point is that the only answer is federally funded for all, which of course is not the way to go. All you'll end up with is a bunch of career students... shit, you want to be a career student, then you pay for it.

No there is not. People like you are against raising minimum wage and against helping people in any meaningful way. Then you will bitch that your tax money goes to support people who cannot provide a living for themselves. Something has to give.

No, not for all. For those who couldn't otherwise afford it and meet certain criteria.

Do y

I am making the argument to support my cause. You, on the other hand, are doing all the whining and insulting here. Obviously, you are a very angry person.

Strange talk from the clown that called us "old and out of touch".... grow up kid.

You are ignoring everything I said. I said majors geared towards services that we NEED and are facing shortages in. Students who are qualified, not just any students.

Do y

Strange talk from the clown that called us "old and out of touch".... grow up kid.

You are old and out of touch. That much is quite obvious.

No there is not. People like you are against raising minimum wage and against helping people in any meaningful way. Then you will bitch that your tax money goes to support people who cannot provide a living for themselves. Something has to give.

Yeah? Tell us... what have you done lately to help anyone? Coming here and demanding free shit for all doesn't count by the way. That's the gutless choice.

Do y

Have you answered my question from earlier? In what decade did you attend college? This will tell us whether you are old and out of touch. :D Unless you have something to hide.

wow. I really though he may have been an adult.

However, I can not recall an adult EVER using the term "good grades" while discussing requirements for college. GPA and community involvement....never "good grades"...unless they are telling a child "get good grades and you can become anything you want".

Wow.

He must be one of the "participation trophy" kids Adam Carolla warned about...

:lol:

That's "SHE." Obviously you could use a better education and a class in reading comprehension. Unless of course, you are calling me a "he" to try to insult me because you have no argument and no statistics or links to back up any of your assertions . . . :D Typical of the loons around here.
Unless a poster informs the board members of details on their identity, each of us anonymous.
So spare us your faux outrage.

So tell me . . . since you people want to use "how it was when you went to college," what decade were you attending college? I notice you are ALL hesitant to provide that data.

It's irrelevant. It can be done, people do it all the time. Two people I work with just completed an MBA and another their bachelors... last year. All I hear from you is "can't, can't, can't, can't".

how long did it take them?

Yeah? Tell us... what have you done lately to help anyone? Coming here and demanding free shit for all doesn't count by the way. That's the gutless choice.

Again, it's not "free shit for all." It is a free education for those who qualify in fields that we are currently facing a shortage of workers in. Do you understand yet? I mean really, how many times do I have to repeat this. Perhaps you should put your glasses on and calm down. Maybe you need a nap or something. Lol. ;)

Do y

Man... you are obviously a very angry child.

no matter what it is.... it's way more than you've ever done for anyone else.

Do y

Man... you are obviously a very angry child.

Why don't you address my posts to you. I said, it is not a free for all. It would be geared towards qualified students to major in specialty skills that we are currently lacking here in America.

Also, in what decade did you go to college?

He must be one of the "participation trophy" kids Adam Carolla warned about...

:lol:

That's "SHE." Obviously you could use a better education and a class in reading comprehension. Unless of course, you are calling me a "he" to try to insult me because you have no argument and no statistics or links to back up any of your assertions . . . :D Typical of the loons around here.
Unless a poster informs the board members of details on their identity, each of us anonymous.

So tell me . . . since you people want to use "how it was when you went to college," what decade were you attending college? I notice you are ALL hesitant to provide that data.

It's irrelevant. It can be done, people do it all the time. Two people I work with just completed an MBA and another their bachelors... last year. All I hear from you is "can't, can't, can't, can't".

The bachelors? Hard to say, they had some credits under their belt... the MBA? A few of years. Shit, it took me 6 to get a bachelors.. going part-time while working full-time.

The bachelors? Hard to say, they had some credits under their belt... the MBA? A few of years. Shit, it took me 6 to get a bachelors.. going part-time while working full-time.

In what decade was this?

Forum List

Back