A reason to Vote!!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    My fellow USMB members, first let me say how proud I am of all of you for the display of passion that you all display for the candidates and issues you support. This election comming very soon will show the world that no matter how much we disagree ultimately the peaceful transition of power is a message that the entire world stands up and takes notice of. Everyone that is involved that takes the time to vote do one thing, no matter what your views , you validate the 200 plus year history of this wonderful nation. You define what it means to be an American and no matter who you vote for and why, each of us has reason to be proud that we stand like those who came before us in the finest traditions of this nation and move this nation ever forward. As a a retired Military Aviator on a further note, let me say that I am proud of each and everyone of you for your passion and deep love of this country that you take the time to involve yourself in it's traditions. Just remember, when you don't vote you lay your voice upon the table for others to speak for you. So in order to have a voice, vote! if you need motivation to vote, think of the millions of Americans that have come before you that have given you that right. Your vote validates their existance and creates a country for the next generation to validate yours.

2. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I need no reason to vote, I feel it is my duty, and Always will.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,477
    I could agree, but it's certainly NOT your duty to vote for someone you don't actually like. If you don't see a choice you can agree with, then you shouldn't feel compelled to vote.

4. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Thats great Charles, btw on a different subject, I happened to notice your from Mi. and here in the local news we had a little blurb on the news about GM and Chrysler talking about merging? I wonder if by chance being closer to this what the chances of this happening are?

5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251

Not sure, but since Chrysler was bought by Daimler a few years back, I can't say I like the Idea, It would mean 2 of the bug three owned by a German company.

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Well notice Paul I am not hawking a candidate, here and I'm not voting for Obama or McCain but am voting. If had no choice for president which in this case I don't believe I do then I tend to concenrate more on the house races and local races, I will however write in a candidate.

7. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    It's that lesser evil thing again. Kicking me in the ass.

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I can't honestly say this for many Charles, but know a few people that are doing the lesser of two evils vote this year.

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I actually thought about, and Talked about voting 3rd party for awhile, but as I learn more about Obama, I think more and more. Despite his many flaws, McCain has to get my vote.

After all we all know one of the 2 is going to win. Might as well be the one I think will do less damage.

Either way I think we are fucked for some time to come.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    After my recent frontal lobotomy, I have decided that Obama is the right man for the job of President.