I'm voting Democrat

:lol:

I love the way it makes a point at the beginning about not having time to make an informed decision then proceeds to spend the rest of the film throwing out misinformation, stereotypes, and the basest form of rhetorical strawmen without presenting any real information. Please, believe our ignorant talking points so you won't be like these ignorant people in the video. We only want you to be our ignorant people.

I love the way it makes a point at the beginning about not having time to make an informed decision then proceeds to spend the rest of the film throwing out misinformation, stereotypes, and the basest form of rhetorical strawmen without presenting any real information. Please, believe our ignorant talking points so you won't be like these ignorant people in the video. We only want you to be our ignorant people.

Agreed, never mind a little racism thrown in that video.

Though since Angel failed to show the other side, I will.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU]YouTube - I'm Voting Republican[/ame]

By the way, REPUBLICANS were the one who fucked up the education system.

Last edited:
Dude... My mom is a school teacher. I've home schooled for a few years. I'm currently the Chairperson for the Policy Council for the local Head Start (my term is up on Monday). I'm serving on the board of directors at Head Start. I've been a state rep for my local Head Start. I've talked regularly with legislators about the topic of education.

Now that you know my back ground... You want to know who's at fault.

NEITHER. It's bureaucracy that has destroyed our schools. It's the fact that there's more admin than teachers.

BTW who pays more for public schools:

A) The Feds
B) The State and Locals

Dude... My mom is a school teacher. I've home schooled for a few years. I'm currently the Chairperson for the Policy Council for the local Head Start (my term is up on Monday). I'm serving on the board of directors at Head Start. I've been a state rep for my local Head Start. I've talked regularly with legislators about the topic of education.

Now that you know my back ground... You want to know who's at fault.

NEITHER. It's bureaucracy that has destroyed our schools. It's the fact that there's more admin than teachers.

BTW who pays more for public schools:

A) The Feds
B) The State and Locals

Democrats and Republicans are both at blame here, but I blame the Republican controlled congress for implementing most of what we have now. So therefore, I blame the Republicans.

I will give you that there is more admin then there should be, I'm not sure what you meant by more teachers though.

That was probably one of the snarkiest things you ever posted Angel. I thought you were smarter than this? Considering Bush's response to September 11, 2001, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WztB6HzXxI&feature=related]YouTube - Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence[/ame] It is very delusional and unbecoming of you to attack the Democrats in such a fashion! :eusa_whistle:

At least now you can understand what it's like for a conservative to watch The Daily Show. Well, sort of. Conservatives don't take TDS as seriously as you did that You Tube video. Hope your funny bone gets well soon.
:razz:

Democrats and Republicans are both at blame here, but I blame the Republican controlled congress for implementing most of what we have now. So therefore, I blame the Republicans.

I will give you that there is more admin then there should be, I'm not sure what you meant by more teachers though.

Admin vs teacher... Remember greater and lesser than... Admin > Teachers... There's more admin than teachers.

As for the question you didn't reply to... The state and locals do not the feds. So don't point to DC. They make up only 5% of the school district budget in my local district. Oh and that 5% includes donations from other groups. Now who's screwed up the schools? Not Bush... Not the Republicans in the House and Senate but your locals. Next time your school district puts out it's data look.

Here's one for you starting on page 14:
http://www.reynolds.k12.or.us/assets/files/business/2008-2009_budget/AdoptedBudget_01.pdf

Local Sources $ 20,706,084
Intermediate Sources 1,067,000
State Sources 74,084,068
Federal Sources 60,000

So now who's in control of our schools? The feds or the locals?

That was probably one of the snarkiest things you ever posted Angel. I thought you were smarter than this? Considering Bush's response to September 11, 2001, YouTube - Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence It is very delusional and unbecoming of you to attack the Democrats in such a fashion! :eusa_whistle:

And you can't see something to laugh at when you see it? So maybe I put in the wrong forum...

BTW how does it feel to be only the 2ND to neg rep me... Don't worry I will not be returning the gift. You want the neg Karma around yourself... Go for it.

ROFL that was funny...

I don't know if you can see humor in your own side but I can. Learn to laugh at yourself.

I found some of the Democrat ones funny. I didn't like the racist parts of the Democrat one though. :eusa_whistle:

Admin vs teacher... Remember greater and lesser than... Admin > Teachers... There's more admin than teachers.

As for the question you didn't reply to... The state and locals do not the feds. So don't point to DC. They make up only 5% of the school district budget in my local district. Oh and that 5% includes donations from other groups. Now who's screwed up the schools? Not Bush... Not the Republicans in the House and Senate but your locals. Next time your school district puts out it's data look.

http://www.reynolds.k12.or.us/assets/files/business/2008-2009_budget/AdoptedBudget_01.pdf

Robert... why did you avoid this post? The facts didn't support your argument?

Didn't avoid it, just didn't see it.

:eusa_shifty: ooops my bad. :eusa_angel:

Oh and I'd love to hear you're views once you chew on that a while. Don't worry your head will not explode when you realize they have fed you a line of BS when it comes do the feds and schools budgets. The feds don't pay school budgets, locals do.

Last edited:

Obviously the state but Federal Funding is a vital part to many schools.

And it's not even funding where I think the Republicans screwed up. The Senate can pass certain laws that will fuck with the school system for many years to come; I.E: No Child Left Behind.

Trust me though, I know how bad locally my own state can be bad with money. They spend plenty of it on things we don't need in the first place and don't spend it on the things we do need.

The city I live in Rhode Island for example, the school budget is already in the hole for $10 million dollars. $5 million from last year and of course $5 million this year.

It was trying to brake the strong hold that has been a hold of all the schools from a lvl that has really no control over the schools.

If they want to make major changes they need to make a cap of 5% on admin costs. No more than that. Require merit pay for teachers. No more basing pay on how long you've been in the classroom. Make all teachers able to be fired. End the unions. They have a strangle hold on the schools. Stop ordering text books when all they have changed is minor things. End departments that do no more than waste money.

Oh I can go on and on... I plan on being on a school board in the future and have lots of thoughts on how to improve it... Starting with a Policy Council like group that makes choices just like the school board. Same power. Empower the parents. Just maybe we know more what our kids need and education than they say we do... After all we are our children's first and longest teachers. ;)

And you can't see something to laugh at when you see it? So maybe I put in the wrong forum...

BTW how does it feel to be only the 2ND to neg rep me... Don't worry I will not be returning the gift. You want the neg Karma around yourself... Go for it.

I wouldn't be throwing stones if I were you! Especially for aligning yourself with the party of George W. Bush! The worst president in modern history! If I find something offensive, or I strongly disagree with someone, I give a neg rep. That is what it is for. It shows your dis-satisfaction with a post that someone has made. If I strongly agree with something, then I give a positive rep. It is a tool to advance the political dialogue, by stating my dis-satisfaction with such immature assertions.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
It was trying to brake the strong hold that has been a hold of all the schools from a lvl that has really no control over the schools.

If they want to make major changes they need to make a cap of 5% on admin costs. No more than that. Require merit pay for teachers. No more basing pay on how long you've been in the classroom. Make all teachers able to be fired. End the unions. They have a strangle hold on the schools. Stop ordering text books when all they have changed is minor things. End departments that do no more than waste money.

Oh I can go on and on... I plan on being on a school board in the future and have lots of thoughts on how to improve it... Starting with a Policy Council like group that makes choices just like the school board. Same power. Empower the parents. Just maybe we know more what our kids need and education than they say we do... After all we are our children's first and longest teachers. ;)

So what do you think of George W. Bush's "No Child Left Behind?" :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back