A Question For The Left Wingers On This Forum

Wages for the middle class grew substantially more under Trump than under Obama. Where have you been?

No they didn't grow "substantially" more under Trump at all. Average wages were a little over $21 per hour when Obama took office and $26 per hour when he left. Wages grew to $29.20 under Trump, which slightly higher growth under Trump. Average wages is the 4th of the six charts.

Of course Obama was starting from a crashed economy and 10% unemployment which depresses wages. Trump started with full employment, and a stable economy, so wages SHOULD have grown more under Trump, but they didn't.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
No they didn't grow "substantially" more under Trump at all. Average wages were a little over $21 per hour when Obama took office and $26 per hour when he left. Wages grew to $29.20 under Trump, which slightly higher growth under Trump. Average wages is the 4th of the six charts.

Of course Obama was starting from a crashed economy and 10% unemployment which depresses wages. Trump started with full employment, and a stable economy, so wages SHOULD have grown more under Trump, but they didn't.

“This means that in the 16 years before the Trump presidency, incomes rose by about $1,500 while in less than three years, middle incomes have risen three times faster,” Moore writes. Indeed, in a bit more than half of his term, Trump’s $5,003 mountain of growth in median household income is 346 percent higher than Bush-Obama’s $1,444 molehill of marginal middle-class earnings.

Income Gap Grows under Trump, Obama — but So What? | National Review
Median-Household-Income-Bush-Obama-and-Trump-Chart-by-Deroy-Murdock-October-10-2019.jpg

I was raised Republican and voted for them up through Reagan and Bush 41.
They seemed like the “sane” party who engaged in basic conservative values

But in the mid 90s, Newt Gingrich came along paralyzing Government and empowering the radical right. It was also the time when Talk Radio emerged and took control of the party.

When Bush 43 was elected, I gave him moderate support and he had my full support after 9-11. But when he abandoned the War on Terrorism to engage in a War in Iraq….he lost my support.

I welcomed Obama’s election and was appalled at the antics of the Tea Party and the control Fox News had over Republicans.

Since the 1980s I recognized Trump was a cartoon character of what a rich man was supposed to be. I never bought his act or his lack of personal integrity. I laughed when he ran for President and was shocked that this snake oil salesman had taken control of the GOP
Funny what some believe about Trump. But let us see what people who really know him have to say:

'Trump far dumber and immoral and ignorant and lazy' than staffers knew before they worked for him​

"So when Kelly came in as chief of staff, he thought that the problem around Trump was that he was not staffed properly and they needed to create a process around him, and that's what the chaos of the first six months of the administration was about," Schmidt said. "But when Kelly comes in as chief of staff, what he realizes is that the problem is not just the fact that there's not a process and that he's not being staffed as well as he could, but that Trump himself was the problem, that Trump was far dumber and immoral and ignorant and lazy than he ever thought he was."

The year I started voting, we had a crooked Democrat Governor, so I went with Lamar and Nixon. We all know how Nixon turned out, so I went with Carter, a smart guy, but couldn't get lucky in a two-bit whore house with a roll of quarters. Went with Ron, all bets were off. At any given time any of them can be equally Fkd up or seriously incompetent. I take it on an election by election basis. I look for people that will probably not FUBA the whole government, and we are likely to be able to survive, until we can vote them out, if given a better choice. The only politician that ever had my vote from the beginning of their career to the end was Lamar. Been lots of Republicans and Democrats along the way, and I have survived them all and thrived, and will continue to survive them all, and thrive to an extent to the end, but it won't be politics or economics that gets. It will be old age, and I will fight the good fight there, as long as possible, as I am still having a good time.
Always thought Alexander was a mixed bag:

Always thought Alexander was a mixed bag:
I was at peace with his decision. We had actually corresponded back and forth (and not his staff) before and during. I understood where his head was at. He was the only politician I ever corresponded with. He was a statesman, not a party tool. It was not unexpected, at least not, to me.

I was at peace with his decision. We had actually corresponded back and forth (and not his staff) before and during. I understood where his head was at. He was the only politician I ever corresponded with. He was a statesman, not a party tool. It was not unexpected, at least not, to me.
He fought to become party whip.

Lamar was also Alexander quitting leadership post

Not saying this disqualifies him as being a statesman, but it does smell like a party tool

Exactly!

Now you're gettin' it.

Well....probably not....
We weren't discussing Trump being arrested for it.

It's yet another deflection but instead of whataboutism you are moving the goalposts.

You seem to be a disengenius poster.

Have fun with that.

When you realize the poster addressing you didn't even bother to read what they are supposedly replying to.
Busted!

This one wants to talk about _anything_ except why a supposed "former Democrat" can only robotically make threads about topics that are clearly coming from a daily feed of manufactured propaganda.

He's a propaganda shill, so he doesn't want to talk about being a propaganda shill. The only question concerns which organization is backing this shill.

Is he Russian? After all, attacking US aid to Ukraine is part of his act. Will he be drafted into the Russian army and die in Ukraine if his masters aren't happy with his work? Is that why his posts contain a tinge of hysteria?

One thing is for sure. At this stage, nobody believes this guy is a "former Democrat"? Even the cult imbeciles he preaches to don't believe it, though they might pretend to believe.

Retarded!

This one wants to talk about _anything_ except why a supposed "former Democrat" can only robotically make threads about topics that are clearly coming from a daily feed of manufactured propaganda.

He's a propaganda shill, so he doesn't want to talk about being a propaganda shill. The only question concerns which organization is backing this shill.

Is he Russian?

I didn't know they let you on the internet at the funny farm.

Why is that, you don't think people can get smarter?

When you hear that there are militant Lefties on social media talking about burning down your local mall while you're locked down due to a virus with a .00001% mortality rate, and you see the corporate media lying straight up to you about the violence in the streets - well, not only do you suddenly get a striking appreciation for the second amendment; but you'd have to be brain dead stupid to not renounce the Democrat Party forever.

The only people left are either morons, partisan hacks, or both.

If some random dipshit on an anonymous website wants to claim I'm not what I say I am - while waxing poetic about "Russian trolls" - that says more about him at this point than it does little ole' moi.

Dude's stuck in 2016, never got the memo. Feel sorry for 'em.

When you hear that there are militant Lefties on social media talking about burning down your local mall while you're locked down due to a virus with a .00001% mortality rate,
If you keep hearing such delusional crap, you must be a pants-pissing Trump cult imbecile. Only Trump cult betas spend their days looking for reasons to piss themselves. It's as if they enjoy sitting in their own urine all day long.

But since you're _saying_ it instead of listening, you're a Russian troll. Your current string of hysterical meltdowns confirms it.

If you keep hearing such delusional crap, you must be a pants-pissing Trump cult imbecile. Only Trump cult betas spend their days looking for reasons to piss themselves. It's as if they enjoy sitting in their own urine all day long.
Right dude.

So when I called the local Police Dept to let them know what was going on on social media with the threatened riots and looting, and they told me they were already on it, I guess I imagined that.

And I guess I imagined when our Democrat Governor had the National Guard block off the outdoor mall over night to prevent it all.

And I must have also feverishly deluded myself into believing the Providence riot was fake, when they set a fucking police car on fire and looted local stores/businesses.

In peaceful, (relatively) quiet little Rhode Island.

Meanwhile your dumbass is still delusionally ranting about the "Trump cult".

You're getting all your info from Left Wing sources, and because of it you're clearly fucked.

Beyond that, you're a total embarrassment.

Now put on your mask, take your booster - and do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

Forum List

Back