A Question for Black posters

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Tommy Tainant, Nov 9, 2019.

1. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,961
    White racists trying to use information from supposedly black websites get no play here. You weren't pointing out the obvious, you're trying to push a racist opinion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,009
    So. . . you call me a racist. . .

You deny the source material. . .

and you call things you don't like racist. . .

Wow. . .

Any other fallacious behavior you would like to engage in to deny reality?

Here is more from the head editor that runs that site, on when they first encountered Obama. One of his editors went to college with Obama.

Hey, if you can't win an argument, riddle it with Ad hom, right? :71:

[​IMG]

Glen Ford’s Ethical Dilemma
    https://bigthink.com/podcast/elif-shafak

". . . .Those questions were: If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw from NAFTA? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation for single payer healthcare? If you are elected to the senate, will you introduce legislation to withdraw immediately from Iraq?

He then proceeded over a period of a week to fashion answers to that question. In the end, they were a fuzzy mish-mash of non-answers and Bruce Dixon and I had a decision to make—were we going to pass him or fail him? We, at that time, did not want to be seen as the proverbial crabs in a barrel, people who are anxious, when a brother’s trying to climb up, to pull him back down.

And so even though we agreed that he had flunked the bright lines test, that he was not a progressive, we declared that he had passed the test. That was a dilemma and we failed our own test. I’ve never regretted a political decision as much as having passed Barack Obama when he should have failed the test; and we never made that mistake again.

Recorded on: August 6, 2009."

Black Agenda Report - Media Bias/Fact Check

About Us | Black Agenda Report

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Frankeneinstein

Frankeneinstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    The biggest problem with race in America is white liberals trying to pit blacks and whites against one another tommy

4. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,961
    No, it 's with whites that still practice racism saying, "The biggest problem with race in America is white liberals trying to pit blacks and whites against one another."

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,961
    Yep. But I am not losing anything. When we present peer reviewed fact based information from whites who describe how whites practice racism today, those like you dismiss it. So I am dismissing your singular use of a black site to validate your racism.

For example we don't see you trying to point this out:
    "The roots of western European anti-Blackness lie in the Middle Ages, in the Crusades to seize Arab lands, said Cord Whitaker, a professor at Wellesley College and author of “Black Metaphors: How Racism Emerged from Medieval Race-Thinking.” It was during this era that “you started to see the idea that darkness of skin, blackness, denoted potential evil,” said Whitaker. “It was still not the racial ideology we have today, but it was an important step in getting there.”
    White Supremacy Goes Back to the Crusades | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

Unpacking The Super Exploitation of Black Women | Black Agenda Report

Or this:

" The UN report shows that the hatefulness around the African migrant is misplaced. The reasons for major flows of migration to Europe actually come from within Europe itself. Those leaving war zones—Syria and Afghanistan in West Asia, but also Eritrea and Libya—come in expected numbers as they flee bombs that are often produced inside Europe."

Europe’s Greedy Lending to Africa Drives the Migration That Fuels the EU’s Xenophobic Politics | Black Agenda Report

"Blacks and Native Americans continue to pose a threat to the “conquistador white settler nation,” agues Tiffany King, author of “The Black Shoals: Offshore Formations of Black and Native Studies.” King is a professor of Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Georgia. “There are impulses within both Black abolition and Native decolonization that are fundamentally about ending the US,” said King."

Fundamental Black and Native Opposition to White Setller State | Black Agenda Report

Blacks and Palestinians struggle against the same global matrix of interlocking oppressions.

“Just as the US Black midleadership class accommodate systemic white racism, the Palestinian misleadership class grease the gears of Israeli apartheid.”

My recent visit to Palestine clarified how Palestinian and black oppression is an integral part of an integrated global politico-economic structure of white racism that shares similar subjugating techniques such as criminalization, extrajudicial killings, and mass imprisonment. Black folks and Palestinians are struggling against the same systems of “interlocking oppression” in what sociologist Patricia Hill Collins terms the “matrix of domination.” From reading Noura Erakat (“Whiteness as Property in Israel”), Alex Lubin (Geographies of Liberation: The Making of an Afro-Arab Political Imaginary), and Sami Chertrit (Intra-Jewish Conflict in Israel) I knew beforehand, in an intellectual sense, about the structural brutality of Israeli apartheid and occupation, but I was caught off guard by its unconcealed cruelty and inhumanity.

In Israel, especially within the Occupied Palestinian Territories, no pretense exists to conceal the virulent practices of white racism as an individual rather than systemic problem. Instead, Israel deploys the more direct U.S. tactic of structurally vilifying and criminalizing the racially oppressed to justify their collective punishment and dispossession. Like its American counterpart, Israeli white racism manifests itself as highly institutionalized social conditions and practices rather than something that exists solely within the minds of racial bigots.

Parallels Between Black and Palestinian Struggles | Black Agenda Report

But you chose this site in order to validate your racist opinion. You did this because you could point to your use of this site to counter arguments about your racism. It's a standard tactic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,009

I agree with all of that, yet, when I disagree with you about Obama? It is a "racist opinion?"

Tell me why?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,009
    [​IMG]

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. squeeze berry

squeeze berry Gold Member

Thanks Received: