A question about post count.

What good is a high post count when the majority of one's posts is below interesting?

I'd rather own one good post than a hundred one-line drivels any day.

Repeat after me: It's ALL relative. Post quality is subjective. I post stuff sometimes I think is brilliant and get no rep. Then I'll post some mindless response to an equally mindless post and get half the board repping me.

Back to the OT ... spam gets deleted. If you waste your time responding, you get deleted too.

Some of what you say is true. The rest of it may be true. Even if it's all true, it doesn't negate what I said. Post quality is certainly subjective...one man's trash is another man's treasure...but a huge post count means little to me.

True that, except on this board it equals power. Ideologically, it means nothng. My post count is a result of being a member her for 5 years. A few others have been her longer. I'll be the first to adimit I've posted a LOT of threads that were nothing more than news articles.

Quality of post is obviously worth more. If you can post something that strikes a cord with BOTH sides, you obviously have a bit of education.

You however still suck just because ,,,, :eusa_whistle:

Repeat after me: It's ALL relative. Post quality is subjective. I post stuff sometimes I think is brilliant and get no rep. Then I'll post some mindless response to an equally mindless post and get half the board repping me.

Back to the OT ... spam gets deleted. If you waste your time responding, you get deleted too.

Some of what you say is true. The rest of it may be true. Even if it's all true, it doesn't negate what I said. Post quality is certainly subjective...one man's trash is another man's treasure...but a huge post count means little to me.

True that, except on this board it equals power. Ideologically, it means nothng. My post count is a result of being a member her for 5 years. A few others have been her longer. I'll be the first to adimit I've posted a LOT of threads that were nothing more than news articles.

Quality of post is obviously worth more. If you can post something that strikes a cord with BOTH sides, you obviously have a bit of education.

...you say so.

But that's not a problem.

Would you care to share a full bottle of high quality single malt some evening? With me, there are only a few rules:
  • no touching
  • no passing out before the bottle is empty
  • no weapons beyond wit
  • no terroristic threats

...you say so.

Would you care to share a full bottle of high quality single malt some evening? With me, there are only a few rules:
  • no touching
  • no weapons beyond wit
  • no terroristic threats

Glenmoranjie?

...you say so.

• no touching
  • no weapons beyond wit
  • no terroristic threats

Glenmoranjie?

Gunny asked me to stand in for him because i can actually *spell* Glenmorangie. no ice, please.
:eusa_angel:

...you say so.

• no touching
  • no weapons beyond wit
  • no terroristic threats

Glenmoranjie?

Gunny asked me to stand in for him because i can actually *spell* Glenmorangie. no ice, please.
:eusa_angel:

Yeah, whatever. I spell Glenorangie "Jose Curevo" anyway.:lol:

Yesterday there was some asshat spamming the board with cellphone advertisements or something. Me, being the smart ass that I am, I was making comments on those threads. Eventually, somebody from the moderating team deleted the threads.
So my question is, since my posts on those threads were deleted along with the spam, was my post count reduced as well?
Just curious.
What good is a high post count when the majority of one's posts is below interesting?

You must have found this thread good enough for you. You responded to it.

...you say so.

• no touching
  • no weapons beyond wit
  • no terroristic threats

Glenmoranjie?

Glenrothes more likely.

Yesterday there was some asshat spamming the board with cellphone advertisements or something. Me, being the smart ass that I am, I was making comments on those threads. Eventually, somebody from the moderating team deleted the threads.
So my question is, since my posts on those threads were deleted along with the spam, was my post count reduced as well?
Just curious.

At least I didn't waste my time responding to spam. That's what started this whole clusterfuck...you worryin' about the medals on your chest.

At least I didn't waste my time responding to spam. That's what started this whole clusterfuck...you worryin' about the medals on your chest.

Trust me, I'm not worried about that.
The only thing I worry about is running out of alcohol.

Just curious.

How much of a smart ass where you?

I mean did you make a couple hundred posts in those spam threads?

Because, if it was only 3 or 4 posts, I'm sure you can make them up with some of your usual pointless blather.

No, you wasted your time responding to the guy who responds to spam about his spam responding ways. You're like Tier 2 on the time-wasting pyramid.

And I have wasted my time responding to the guy who responded to the guy who responded to spam. That makes me Tier 3. I win.

Forum List

Back