A question about post count.

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Yesterday there was some asshat spamming the board with cellphone advertisements or something. Me, being the smart ass that I am, I was making comments on those threads. Eventually, somebody from the moderating team deleted the threads.
So my question is, since my posts on those threads were deleted along with the spam, was my post count reduced as well?
Just curious.

Yesterday there was some asshat spamming the board with cellphone advertisements or something. Me, being the smart ass that I am, I was making comments on those threads. Eventually, somebody from the moderating team deleted the threads.
So my question is, since my posts on those threads were deleted along with the spam, was my post count reduced as well?
Just curious.

If the threads were deleted, your posts went with them, and yes, it will reduce your post count. Usually however, they are just moved to forum only staff can view. In that case, your posts are still in existence in the database.

Just curious.

If the threads were deleted, your posts went with them, and yes, it will reduce your post count. Usually however, they are just moved to forum only staff can view. In that case, your posts are still in existence in the database.

Are there ever posts that are scrapped all together? as in not in staff only view./

Just curious.

Are there ever posts that are scrapped all together? as in not in staff only view./

If a post/thread is deleted as spam, yes.

Just curious.

OK, I really don't know if the threads were deleted or just moved to a staff only place. It was obvious spam, so I am assuming that deletion occurred. Now I have to go make more worthless posts to make up for the lost worthless posts.
Damn you Gunny, damn you to hell.

Attachments

• $planetofapes.jpg
    $planetofapes.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 114
Wait, so somewhere, staffers may be reading my words in some dark shadowy corner where no one else can read them? I feel so violated.

OK, I really don't know if the threads were deleted or just moved to a staff only place. It was obvious spam, so I am assuming that deletion occurred. Now I have to go make more worthless posts to make up for the lost worthless posts.

That's one. :D

Just curious.

Which would leave one to wonder why you're bothering to reply to spam threads...:eusa_whistle:

Wait, so somewhere, staffers may be reading my words in some dark shadowy corner where no one else can read them? I feel so violated.

Ummm ... they're talking about posts out here. Public. Everyone's already read them.

Now, if you thought they were checking PMs (which they aren't), then you have to put lots of juicy stuff in to give 'em a thrill while they work. That's what I do, just in case. :eusa_shhh:

Which would leave one to wonder why you're bothering to reply to spam threads...:eusa_whistle:

I find reporting spam threads to be to blase' so I keep bumping them with smart ass comments until a moderator deletes them.

I find reporting spam threads to be to blase' so I keep bumping them with smart ass comments until a moderator deletes them.

:smoke:

Just curious.
What good is a high post count when the majority of one's posts is below interesting?

I'd rather own one good post than a hundred one-line drivels any day.

Just curious.

:)

Ummm ... they're talking about posts out here. Public. Everyone's already read them.

Now, if you thought they were checking PMs (which they aren't), then you have to put lots of juicy stuff in to give 'em a thrill while they work. That's what I do, just in case. :eusa_shhh:

I never get anything juicy in MY PMs.:eusa_eh:

Just curious.
What good is a high post count when the majority of one's posts is below interesting?

Repeat after me: It's ALL relative. Post quality is subjective. I post stuff sometimes I think is brilliant and get no rep. Then I'll post some mindless response to an equally mindless post and get half the board repping me.

Back to the OT ... spam gets deleted. If you waste your time responding, you get deleted too.

Just curious.

Repeat after me: It's ALL relative. Post quality is subjective. I post stuff sometimes I think is brilliant and get no rep. Then I'll post some mindless response to an equally mindless post and get half the board repping me.

Back to the OT ... spam gets deleted. If you waste your time responding, you get deleted too.

Some of what you say is true. The rest of it may be true. Even if it's all true, it doesn't negate what I said. Post quality is certainly subjective...one man's trash is another man's treasure...but a huge post count means little to me.

Forum List

Back