A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
If it really bothers you, what have you done to stop it? Bought another gun?

It doesn’t seem to bother anyone as it has gone on for years and no one does a thing.
People are doing things. You don't change those kind of deep rooted problems overnight. Kids have to have better options than gangs.
What have YOU done to stop it? I bet not a god damn thing, yet you have the gall to ask someone else why they arent.
Isn't that the American way? Stop gun violence by getting another gun? Just making a point.
You had a point other than displaying your own hypocrisy?

Homicides in Chicago by year:
2018 (thru Aug.7) 318
These people never heard of Chicago until recently? Maybe if they had more guns to defend themselves as gun spam boy suggests, it would be a safer city.
So you think the situation has improved?
You had crime driven by poverty resulting from segregated ghettos in a northern city (the same northerners who fought the civil war only to end slavery!) and now, fifty-plus years after civil rights and great society, the same demographic has the same murder problem.
How do you explain that in the face of so much opportunity?

It doesn’t seem to bother anyone as it has gone on for years and no one does a thing.
People are doing things. You don't change those kind of deep rooted problems overnight. Kids have to have better options than gangs.
What have YOU done to stop it? I bet not a god damn thing, yet you have the gall to ask someone else why they arent.
Isn't that the American way? Stop gun violence by getting another gun? Just making a point.
You have any point at all?

2018 (thru Aug.7) 318
These people never heard of Chicago until recently? Maybe if they had more guns to defend themselves as gun spam boy suggests, it would be a safer city.

Well your unconstitional gun ban in Chicago sure didn't work for those 8 years or so.

How were people smuggling guns through the cities well guarded border crossings? City or state gun restrictions are worthless dumbass. The city closest to Trump`s Florida palace has a similar crime rate btw.
City closest to Mar-a-Lago had same crime rate as Chicago

Diverting the thread, what are solutions for Chicago that has over 600 murders a year?
Kids need options other than gangs.

Yep, W. Clement Stone used to help train and set up small businesses for gang leaders and drug dealers because they were natural leaders and it took some off the streets, it just isn't being done now and that gives them no hope to improve.

I think businesses can help educate and create jobs for the gang members. Just an idea.

You have any point at all?
Yes, I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. What's YOUR point?

There are many programs helping to turn around the violence in Chicago.

Stop the Violence Resources
No program is going to get black parents to raise their children better. A complete overhaul of black culture is the only thing that is going to work and I see zero interest in that.
Every single cultural change in the world happens one person at a time. There is nothing wrong with "black culture" whatever you think that is. The gang culture that is preying on the young folks is causing a big part of the gun violence, though. That gets stopped one kid at a time by helping them find better choices.

2018 (thru Aug.7) 318

Well your unconstitional gun ban in Chicago sure didn't work for those 8 years or so.

How were people smuggling guns through the cities well guarded border crossings? City or state gun restrictions are worthless dumbass. The city closest to Trump`s Florida palace has a similar crime rate btw.

Diverting the thread, what are solutions for Chicago that has over 600 murders a year?

Yep, W. Clement Stone used to help train and set up small businesses for gang leaders and drug dealers because they were natural leaders and it took some off the streets, it just isn't being done now and that gives them no hope to improve.

I think businesses can help educate and create jobs for the gang members. Just an idea.
Why did that program stop? I linked to some other programs that are around, though.

No program is going to get black parents to raise their children better. A complete overhaul of black culture is the only thing that is going to work and I see zero interest in that.
If those kids actually had 2 parents the situation wouldn`t be what it is today.
Everyone has two parents. I think you're oversimplifying things here.

It seems to me that at some point they're just gonna kill each other off. Natural selection and whatnot. There's rather consistently high murder numbers there.

As long as they keep militarized police guarding the parameter of the city, I'd say let em go at it. Keep em contained, but let em go at it.

If we're gonna have militarized police, we may as well use em for something practical.

Maybe there can be a curious glitch in the ebt system that can't be fixed for a few months....hm...let's say we dunno, maybe it was a Russian cyber attack?

That'll solve the problem in a hot minute, no doubt.

Last edited:

If those kids actually had 2 parents the situation wouldn`t be what it is today.
Of course they do but I meant to say 2 parents living in the same home as the children. 72% of these kids are born to single mothers.
Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate

Every single cultural change in the world happens one person at a time. There is nothing wrong with "black culture" whatever you think that is. The gang culture that is preying on the young folks is causing a big part of the gun violence, though. That gets stopped one kid at a time by helping them find better choices.
Is it preying on young folks or young blacks? You go ahead and pretend that nothing is wrong with black culture. Dems have been doing that for a long time and that strategy is working out really well, don't you think?

^ Worst counter point ever.

Why did that program stop? I linked to some other programs that are around, though.
Maybe helping out the gang leaders and drug dealers was a stupid idea? That would be my guess.

The better question is will any Democrats care?

They won't care just yet.....they still have about 70 days until they need Black democrats to go to the polls, then, a week before, they will care.

That only saves his life if he is attacked by a Chicago democrat. To help other people in Chicago, we need to end the 87 years of control by democrats over Chicago...that would be a start.

Of course they do but I meant to say 2 parents living in the same home as the children. 72% of these kids are born to single mothers.
Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate
It's tough raising kids alone, I grant you, but "unwed" is not the same as "single" anymore. Most of these women have serial boyfriends, if they are anything like the unwed mothers I know.

2018 (thru Aug.7) 318

And thank you for pointing out that Chicago has had Concealed carry for several years now.....and the gun murder rate hasn't gone back up...in fact, as you just showed, it is now lower than when guns for law abiding people were banned.

Forum List

Back