A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Kennedy accuses Emanuel of 'strategic gentrification plan' to force blacks out of Chicago

Democratic governor candidate Chris Kennedy on Wednesday accused Mayor Rahm Emanuel of leading a “strategic gentrification plan” aimed at forcing African-Americans and other minorities out of Chicago to make the city “whiter” and wealthier.

“I believe that black people are being pushed out of Chicago intentionally by a strategy that involves disinvestment in communities being implemented by the city administration, and I believe Rahm Emanuel is the head of the city administration and therefore needs to be held responsible for those outcomes,” Kennedy said during a news conference about gun violence in North Lawndale.

“This is involuntary. That we’re cutting off funding for schools, cutting off funding for police, allowing people to be forced to live in food deserts, closing hospitals, closing access to mental health facilities. What choice do people have but to move, to leave?” Kennedy added. “And I think that’s part of a strategic gentrification plan being implemented by the city of Chicago to push people of color out of the city. The city is becoming smaller, and as it becomes smaller, it’s become whiter.”

The mayor’s office responded by trying to link Kennedy to two Republican politicians who enjoy little popularity in Chicago — President Donald Trump and Gov. Bruce Rauner, whom Kennedy wants to replace.

“It’s sad to see Chris Kennedy joining President Trump and Gov. Rauner in using cynical, politically motivated attacks about Chicago’s communities for his own personal gain,” Emanuel spokesman Matt McGrath said in a statement. “His divisive comments today are a direct assault on one of this city’s greatest strengths — our diversity.”

Everything that is happening to black people in Chicago today is because...DIVERSITY!, DAMNIT!

upload_2018-9-4_7-5-8.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back