A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

A poll: How many people will get shot in Chicago this labor day weekend?

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 5 41.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Homicides in Chicago by year:
2018 (thru Aug.7) 318
These people never heard of Chicago until recently? Maybe if they had more guns to defend themselves as gun spam boy suggests, it would be a safer city.

Well your unconstitional gun ban in Chicago sure didn't work for those 8 years or so.

How were people smuggling guns through the cities well guarded border crossings? City or state gun restrictions are worthless dumbass. The city closest to Trump`s Florida palace has a similar crime rate btw.
City closest to Mar-a-Lago had same crime rate as Chicago

You can't explain how Chicago has a higher gun murder rate than Houston, Texas......Chicago has strict gun control, no gun stores or gun ranges in the city. Houston has gun stores on every corner, allows open and conealed carry, and is in a state on the border with the Mexican Narco state.....so why don't people in Houston kill more people than Chicago? If guns are the issue, dumb ass?

Are you saying that the gangs in New York and L.A. are too stupid to be able use map quest to travel out of state to get illegal guns?

If it really bothers you, what have you done to stop it? Bought another gun?

It doesn’t seem to bother anyone as it has gone on for years and no one does a thing.
People are doing things. You don't change those kind of deep rooted problems overnight. Kids have to have better options than gangs.
What have YOU done to stop it? I bet not a god damn thing, yet you have the gall to ask someone else why they arent.
Isn't that the American way? Stop gun violence by getting another gun? Just making a point.
Your point is childish. That isn’t the American way.

2018 (thru Aug.7) 318
These people never heard of Chicago until recently? Maybe if they had more guns to defend themselves as gun spam boy suggests, it would be a safer city.

Well your unconstitional gun ban in Chicago sure didn't work for those 8 years or so.

How were people smuggling guns through the cities well guarded border crossings? City or state gun restrictions are worthless dumbass. The city closest to Trump`s Florida palace has a similar crime rate btw.

Mayor of West Palm Beach...democrat.

2018 (thru Aug.7) 318

Diverting the thread, what are solutions for Chicago that has over 600 murders a year?
I have no idea what the solution is. I thought Trump had one.
Trump vows federal intervention to quell Chicago gun violence

They are arresting gang members caught with guns on federal gun charges....that means they actually stay in jail longer, and can be put in prison out of state, away from friends and family....gets them to cooperate more in putting other criminals in jail...but when democrats in Chicago keep letting known, repeat, violent gun offenders out on bail, and give them light sentences of less than 3 years.....there is your problem...not law abiding gun owners.

It doesn’t seem to bother anyone as it has gone on for years and no one does a thing.
People are doing things. You don't change those kind of deep rooted problems overnight. Kids have to have better options than gangs.
What have YOU done to stop it? I bet not a god damn thing, yet you have the gall to ask someone else why they arent.
Isn't that the American way? Stop gun violence by getting another gun? Just making a point.

And a good point....it actually works...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

There are many programs helping to turn around the violence in Chicago.

Stop the Violence Resources
No program is going to get black parents to raise their children better. A complete overhaul of black culture is the only thing that is going to work and I see zero interest in that.
If those kids actually had 2 parents the situation wouldn`t be what it is today.

Yep...and it was the Great Society, pimped by the racist, kkk member Lyndon Johnson who helped destroy those families...but it made them good democrats for life....

No program is going to get black parents to raise their children better. A complete overhaul of black culture is the only thing that is going to work and I see zero interest in that.
If those kids actually had 2 parents the situation wouldn`t be what it is today.
Everyone has two parents. I think you're oversimplifying things here.
Of course they do but I meant to say 2 parents living in the same home as the children. 72% of these kids are born to single mothers.
Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate

Wow... you are right about one thing...... the crime problem in our democrat controlled cities is driven by single teenage girls raising young males without adult male fathers. The only role models they have now are gang members and other criminals....

I heard of research that showed that if you have a single teenage mother raising a male child, but she does that in a communtiy with intact families.....that child has a good chance of becoming a good person. The problem is the democrat big government programs, the Great Society......made entire communities single teenage mothers without fathers and husbands.....and the violence we see was caused by that dynamic...they are seeing the same thing now in Britain...

Of course they do but I meant to say 2 parents living in the same home as the children. 72% of these kids are born to single mothers.
It's tough raising kids alone, I grant you, but "unwed" is not the same as "single" anymore. Most of these women have serial boyfriends, if they are anything like the unwed mothers I know.
Maybe having a mom with serial boyfriends is part of the problem too?

I'll say 6.

What's sad is I can joke about it, but it has become the new normal, people will get shot, people will get killed and liberals will want to focus on the tool instead of the real symptoms of the disease, that's taboo to them and the main stream media

What's sad is I can joke about it, but it has become the new normal, people will get shot, people will get killed and liberals will want to focus on the tool instead of the real symptoms of the disease, that's taboo to them and the main stream media

The real root problem is the monetary policy. And that's something that nobody talks about on either theoretical political side. The 1 percenters are the first people who receive all of the freshly printed fed money, so they're the ones who get to put it into the economy the way they want. The middle class gets hit with the inflation tax as a consequence of the fed. The lower class, get what we have in Chicago and elsewhere because there are no jobs. There is no wealth.

I was listening to some interviews the other day where some guy went out on the streets of Chicago interviewing random people, even some people in gangs.

And interestingly, those people on the streets actually identified the problem correctly. The said, hey, it's the economic policy itself.

It's tough raising kids alone, I grant you, but "unwed" is not the same as "single" anymore. Most of these women have serial boyfriends, if they are anything like the unwed mothers I know.
Maybe having a mom with serial boyfriends is part of the problem too?
Dunno. I don't mean one a week, yannow.

Your point is childish. That isn’t the American way.
Tell that to 2AGuy.

Diverting the thread, what are solutions for Chicago that has over 600 murders a year?
Kids need options other than gangs.

Yep, W. Clement Stone used to help train and set up small businesses for gang leaders and drug dealers because they were natural leaders and it took some off the streets, it just isn't being done now and that gives them no hope to improve.

I think businesses can help educate and create jobs for the gang members. Just an idea.
Why did that program stop? I linked to some other programs that are around, though.

Stone passed away a number of years ago, he was quite the innovator and mentor. He believed that if you could change the mind set to a positive, that anything could be accomplished. He believed in PMA (Positive Mental Attitude), didn’t waste time watching TV and hated the news because it was such a negative force. He grew up poor on Chicago’s southside and worked hard delivering newspapers at 6 years old. He eventually founded Combined Insurance Companies of America and Success Magazine.

Kids need options other than gangs.

Yep, W. Clement Stone used to help train and set up small businesses for gang leaders and drug dealers because they were natural leaders and it took some off the streets, it just isn't being done now and that gives them no hope to improve.

I think businesses can help educate and create jobs for the gang members. Just an idea.
Why did that program stop? I linked to some other programs that are around, though.

Stone passed away a number of years ago, he was quite the innovator and mentor. He believed that if you could change the mind set to a positive, that anything could be accomplished. He believed in PMA (Positive Mental Attitude), didn’t waste time watching TV and hated the news because it was such a negative force. He grew up poor on Chicago’s southside and worked hard delivering newspapers at 6 years old. He eventually founded Combined Insurance Companies of America and Success Magazine.
Sounds like a guy we could use more of--and not just in Chicago.

Forum List

Back