CDZ A poll concerning Mitt Romney as Sec of State

Should Mitt Romney be considered for the position of Secretary of State

• Total voters

I amso IR

"Well Yea, Duh"!
Jul 11, 2015
This is primarily a poll concerning the appointment of Gov. Mitt Romney as Secretary of State by the President elect of the United States. Please limit answers and reasons for or against responses to the topic,Mitt Romney and should he be SOS along with why yes or why no responses. Please limit comments to that idea and why. Thanking you in advance, I amso IR.

• Banned
Mitt Romney was especially harsh towards Donald Trump. I do not know he can be completely trusted to follow the course desired by the Administration. Other than that point, I have no problem with Mitt Romney being in President Trump's administration.

Couldn't be any worse than the last several SOS we have had. The President is the one who sets foreign policy, not the SOS. If Romney is willing to follow Trump's direction and Trump is willing to entrust Romney with the position, who cares?

Nope I don't think he should. He's proven he is not trustworthy..especially when it comes to Trump. I disliked him before he ever got involved with trying to get rid of Trump.

I voted for Romney in 2012...that said his conduct during this election gave me pause, there are other people qualified

I, too think that Romney's resume should be questioned for a foreign affairs expert. I would rather see John Bolton. . I do think, however, there may be another job he may be more qualified for. He should be the Head of the VA Affairs...get the medical system back in order.

Maybe Giuliani could be the director of ICE.

I'm really surprised that Trump is considering Romney for a role in his administration considering how vocal and critical Romney was up to the election. That said, are Trump supporters already going to second guess his choices before he even takes office?

The Mormon has proved he's a traitor. A traitor will remain a traitor forever.

To trust him would be a huge mistake.

Has nothing to do with him being a Mormon. That was pretty much uncalled for......I do agree with the traitor comment. He was nasty.

Considering its King Trumpery, it could be a lot worse. So far, he's filling up his hires with DC Dinosaurs - the ultimate insiders group of special interests - crooked and corrupt. What difference would it make to put Mittens in that mix? Would he be as likely as other Rs to sabotage the US the way the Repubs have been doing the last 8 years?

How could Romney be received by leaders of other countries when he is on record saying Trump is a fraud and a phony? He has no credibility to be in our cabinet.

Just how diabolical is Trump? Could he actually allow him to the thisclose and then say, "Sorry, your words precede you." Let him leave like a sad little puppy abandoned on the street. Maybe he'll be sorry that he was a traitor.

I still don't understand why he attacked Trump from out of the blue the way he did. If he really believes Trump is a phony and a fraud, why would he want to be SOS under Trump? Either he doesn't really believe Trump is a fraud and was lying for some unknown reason or he does believe he is a fraud and wants to create chaos in his administration. Either way, I think Trump has some better alternatives.

How could Romney be received by leaders of other countries when he is on record saying Trump is a fraud and a phony? He has no credibility to be in our cabinet.

Would it really be so bad to simply speak the truth that leaders of other countries already know? King Trumpery has no credibility, in the US or abroad. He not a phony fraud however. He's the real thing. Even the trumpkins know that.

There will need to be a dark horse for the Sec State position.

All the well known GOP candidates have already sullied themselves.

Secretaries of State have often become President later on. So this is a critical choice.

A retired General or a CIA officer might make the best candidate.

I still don't understand why he attacked Trump from out of the blue the way he did. If he really believes Trump is a phony and a fraud, why would he want to be SOS under Trump? Either he doesn't really believe Trump is a fraud and was lying for some unknown reason or he does believe he is a fraud and wants to create chaos in his administration. Either way, I think Trump has some better alternatives.

Yeah, IMO he just needs to slither away. He's shown what he is for sure. Now h wants to play suck up????

I do think he probably would do a good job, but that is not the point.

Yeah, IMO he just needs to slither away. He's shown what he is for sure. Now h wants to play suck up????

Either he was right about Trump, in which case if he had any integrity, he'd turn down the position. Or, if he was wrong about Trump, Trump would be foolish to pick him. But, it's Trumps prerogative to pick the people he wants.

Either he was right about Trump, in which case if he had any integrity, he'd turn down the position. Or, if he was wrong about Trump, Trump would be foolish to pick him. But, it's Trumps prerogative to pick the people he wants.

I agree. Ultimately it's Trump's choice.

Would it really be so bad to simply speak the truth that leaders of other countries already know? King Trumpery has no credibility, in the US or abroad. He not a phony fraud however. He's the real thing. Even the trumpkins know that.

Hi Luddy, u and I do not have much common ground but I agree with you here. For my part I simply have an uneasy feeling for Mitt. Trump does act and is obnoxious, at times, however I feel he himself believes what he says. I do not have that confidence in Romney. Good talking to you. I amso IR

Forum List

Back