A Plan For Suicide

Good. About time.

You want the Democrats to commit political suicide?

Good for you! :113:
No. I want the Dems to gather their balls into their hands and actually do something about the insane and out of control gun situation in this country. God knows the Republicans won't. They haven't even got the weenies to tell President Trump when he is violating all that is decent.

There is no "out-of-control gun situation". Only an out-of-control justice system that keeps the criminal and the insane on the streets to the growing misfortune of civilized society.

Vermin is vermin. There's no logical reason to protect them.
But billy, with gun show trunk sales and property transfers without universal background checks, you ARE protecting vermin.

Universal background checks are as universal as they can possibly be. Civilian dealers (non-FFL) do not have access to the NICS system.

Remove the criminals and the insane from the streets permanently, and their opportunities to buy firearms will disappear.

Cool poll, NPR! "Three-quarters of people polled said gun laws should be stricter than they are today." Yep. What a helpful poll. Gather up a bunch of morons who think that people who break the law using guns will stop breaking the law using guns if only the gun laws were stricter.

That makes almost as much sense as believing that if they got it together and "got the weenies to tell President Trump when he is violating all that is decent" everything would be just come together and we'd all live in progressive bliss.
If the procedures and laws were stricter about who owns a gun, less nuts would own guns. Fact.
Yep. Nuts are sticklers when it comes to obeying laws. Fact!
I guess we might as well make murder legal as well--just give up trying to enforce laws against it, huh? Because we know murderers do it anyway.
But how many do not commit murder because they know they would go to prison? We don't know the number because you can't count a negative, but that does actually stop a lot of people.
Wow. Nice hissy fit. It's already illegal for nuts to do crimes with guns. The laws are in place, dear. We need to enforce them. Nuts in prison won't shoot you. Meanwhile, more good guys with guns help protect us from the nuts who live among us.

Read it and weep, Billy. If the Dems get back the Congress, there will be some sanity around guns. The majority of the people want it.

NPR Poll: After Parkland, Number of Americans Who Want Gun Restrictions Grows
This is from NPR. You can't take it seriously.

Dat's right. What we can trust is huge corporate media that exists to sell pickup trucks to city dwellers, and that's why they keep us up to date on how big Kim Kardashian's ass is.
NPR is corporate media.

Good. About time.

Wrong. Gun control is a wedge issue exploited by the Republican Party and the NRA. It cost Gore the election in 2000 when he lost his native state and will cost Democratic candidates to lose in states where Gun Rights are the single issue of many gun owners.

For years they won elections by claiming the Democrats will take their guns. When the D's were in power, no bill was ever proposed to take away a citizens right to own or posses a gun for defense of their home or business, sport and hunting.

Good. About time.

Do you think the majority of Americans do not believe there is a time for common sense gun control measures? Do you think the majority of Americans oppose background checks, closing the gun show loophole and age restrictions?

Think about the majority of Americans, not what you hear in extremist echo chambers.

The biggest problem in the gun debate is that human beings have trouble assimilating very large numbers...like the 100,000,000 (one hundred million) legal gun owners in the US...but, it has been shown that time is more easily interpreted...so, here it goes.

If every legal gun owner were represented by one minute of time...the total time represented by every American legal gun owners would equate to 69,445 days, or 9,921 weeks or 190 years of time.

For some perspective, 190 years ago, Andrew Jackson won the 1828 Presidential Election over John Quincy Adams in a landslide victory. There were only 24 states, the last of which...Missouri...being admitted to the Union in 1821. The American Civil War was still decades away.

If every firearm homicide per year 12,800 in 2015 were represented by one minute of time...the total would equate to less than a week and 2 days.

Last edited:

No. I want the Dems to gather their balls into their hands and actually do something about the insane and out of control gun situation in this country. God knows the Republicans won't. They haven't even got the weenies to tell President Trump when he is violating all that is decent.

Do they gather their own balls or turn to the guy to their right and gather his balls? If all their hands are full, who signs the bill they pretend to work at?

If they cannot even speak up to a man they believe is " violating all that is decent" ....

Who needs the useless bastards?
The Dems long held that it would be political suicide to introduce gun control in Congress. No longer. The American public wants a little more security for their own family and themselves. Less than half of American households choose to have a gun.
Most of the folks I know are gun owners and I have no worries about any of them. However, the laws and the procedures in place to stop mentally ill and criminal people from buying a gun are nearly nonexistent and need to be seriously upgraded. For starters. There are plenty of other laws that would help in that regard as well.

If the American public wishes more security for their family, they should buy more guns.
But less than half of American households choose to do that. Should they be forced to? Carrying does not usually make a difference in a mass shooting. Remember Dallas? There were folks in that crowd open carrying AR's. Did they stop the shooter? No.

Of course they shouldn't be forced to. Any more than I should be forced to abide by the lunacy put out there by the left who always believe they know what's best.
Oldlady, there are various reasons the American public wishes to own guns. The majority don't buy guns because they have daydreams of becoming a hero. It could happen that way, but the average carrier is likely going into that mall with the idea of saving his own bacon, not the crowds. I know that's why James carries everywhere. And surely you know of a great many instances where some guy with a gun did save the day.

James is in some competitive shooting. (I'm a better shot but hate that shit :) )

Many are hunters. That's been done since mankind started dragging his woman about by the hair. Usually with the best weapon of the time.

I could go on but pphhrt. Few folks listen anyway.

Do they gather their own balls or turn to the guy to their right and gather his balls? If all their hands are full, who signs the bill they pretend to work at?

If they cannot even speak up to a man they believe is " violating all that is decent" ....

The Dems long held that it would be political suicide to introduce gun control in Congress. No longer. The American public wants a little more security for their own family and themselves. Less than half of American households choose to have a gun.
Most of the folks I know are gun owners and I have no worries about any of them. However, the laws and the procedures in place to stop mentally ill and criminal people from buying a gun are nearly nonexistent and need to be seriously upgraded. For starters. There are plenty of other laws that would help in that regard as well.

If the American public wishes more security for their family, they should buy more guns.

Haha, you spelled "bloodshed" wrong. Doesn't have a Y.

But pretty damn funny the way it came out. Like "if the American public wishes to extinguish their burning house they should buy more gasoline". Funny stuff.

Uh huh.
That's hilarious in any language.

I live way out in the boonies. If I've got trouble, I have to be prepared as possible to take care of myself. Average time of arrival for cops or ambulance is 22 minutes and I think they shaved time off that.

Besides human monsters we have a few dangerous critters here on the property. I wouldn't care to face off with a crazed coyote with nothing but a handful of cedar tree needles and the vapor that'd be coming from my britches.

Cool poll, NPR! "Three-quarters of people polled said gun laws should be stricter than they are today." Yep. What a helpful poll. Gather up a bunch of morons who think that people who break the law using guns will stop breaking the law using guns if only the gun laws were stricter.

That makes almost as much sense as believing that if they got it together and "got the weenies to tell President Trump when he is violating all that is decent" everything would be just come together and we'd all live in progressive bliss.
If the procedures and laws were stricter about who owns a gun, less nuts would own guns. Fact.
I guess we might as well make murder legal as well--just give up trying to enforce laws against it, huh? Because we know murderers do it anyway.
But how many do not commit murder because they know they would go to prison? We don't know the number because you can't count a negative, but that does actually stop a lot of people.
Wow. Nice hissy fit. It's already illegal for nuts to do crimes with guns. The laws are in place, dear. We need to enforce them. Nuts in prison won't shoot you. Meanwhile, more good guys with guns help protect us from the nuts who live among us.
How is that a hissy fit? It should be illegal for more nuts to buy and possess guns.

How is that a hissy fit? It should be illegal for more nuts to buy and possess guns.

It is

Good. About time.

Think about this for a second old lady. All of the gun laws you want are on the books in Europe. They had 130 murdered in Paris. Gun laws didn't work for them. 70+ were murdered in Norway. Those very same gun laws didn't work for those poor kids either.

Here in the US we all rail against the billionaires, and lo and behold it is the BILLIONAIRES who are pushing gun control. I wonder why?

If every legal gun owner were represented by one minute of time...the total time represented by every American legal gun owners would equate to 69,445 days, or 9,921 weeks or 190 years of time.

We can take this a step further...one minute for every legal gun...330,000,000 (three hundred and thirty million).

That's the equivalent of 229,166 days or 32,738 weeks or 628 years.

For perspective, 628 years ago it's 1390 AD. Future King of England Henry IV is fighting as a knight in the Lithuanian War alongside the Teutonic Knights, he will ascend to the throne in nine years. The Eastern Roman Empire at Constantinople (also known as the Byzantine Empire) is in it's death throws...in 60 years Constantinople will fall. A century into the future, Columbus will start his voyage to India and land in North America, "discovering" the New World.

Last edited:

Define nut.

But pretty damn funny the way it came out. Like "if the American public wishes to extinguish their burning house they should buy more gasoline". Funny stuff.

Uh huh.

I live way out in the boonies. If I've got trouble, I have to be prepared as possible to take care of myself. Average time of arrival for cops or ambulance is 22 minutes and I think they shaved time off that.

Besides human monsters we have a few dangerous critters here on the property. I wouldn't care to face off with a crazed coyote with nothing but a handful of cedar tree needles and the vapor that'd be coming from my britches.
No one wants to take away your means of protection from critters (although I've had coyotes and bears in my back yard and I never said "Gee, I wish I had a gun on me.")

It is
But we only know if they check "Yes" on their background check application. Or in the RARE instances that the person has been reported to NICS by a mental institution. That needs to firm up. And people in the psych community need to stop playing Russian roulette when someone is paranoid and talking shit; if they have a gun it should be removed 'til the guy gets it together.

Good. About time.

Think about this for a second old lady. All of the gun laws you want are on the books in Europe. They had 130 murdered in Paris. Gun laws didn't work for them. 70+ were murdered in Norway. Those very same gun laws didn't work for those poor kids either.

Here in the US we all rail against the billionaires, and lo and behold it is the BILLIONAIRES who are pushing gun control. I wonder why?
But Westwall, it happened one time in Paris, that 130, it was terrible, but it was by professionally trained terrorists. Look at the homicide via gun rate in France, per 100,000 as compared to that rate in the US. The numbers aren't good.

I'm not even going to look it up to give you a number, it's too depressing. I have no idea what being rich has to do with it.

But we only know if they check "Yes" on their background check application. Or in the RARE instances that the person has been reported to NICS by a mental institution. That needs to firm up. And people in the psych community need to stop playing Russian roulette when someone is paranoid and talking shit; if they have a gun it should be removed 'til the guy gets it together.

And what will follow is people who need treatment won't seek treatment for fear of losing their gun rights. I see it happening in real time already. Folks who have depression are afraid treatment will result in a permanent black mark on their medical record that could result in a government firearm removal in the future. So they don't go.

Good. About time.

But Westwall, it happened one time in Paris, that 130, it was terrible, but it was by professionally trained terrorists. Look at the homicide via gun rate in France, per 100,000 as compared to that rate in the US. The numbers aren't good.

I'm not even going to look it up to give you a number, it's too depressing. I have no idea what being rich has to do with it.

And we have an illegal alien population made up of the most violent culture on the planet. Latin America has 8% of the global population yet suffers 27% of the murders committed worldwide. You are demanding that we disarm based on the actions of a violent minority, and illegal population. That is insane.

Good. About time.

No one except me knows how many guns I have, and no one knows where they are.

Uh huh.

That's interesting because I live in the same place including the coyotes. And bears. I have three guns. A caulking gun and two staple guns. That's all I need. And I don't think any of them would substitute for a cop or an ambulance.

Uh huh.

No one wants to take away your means of protection from critters (although I've had coyotes and bears in my back yard and I never said "Gee, I wish I had a gun on me.")

I've had that with a bear on my porch and that never occurred to me either. That's a strange reaction --- "hey, a wild animal, let's slaughter it".

Forum List

Back