A numbers kind of guy

Hi! :eusa_hand:

I used to be on a forum elsewhere - and got burnt out. Haven't decided yet if I want to be on another forum at all, but a dear friend recommended this forum, so I am gonna check out usmb and see what's shaking.

I am a person who loves numbers and statistics. If you llike numbers too, then I bet we will get along famously. This may be hard to describe without sounding completely nuts, but the numbers kind of dance in my head - even while I am dreaming - and allow me to achieve a statistical overview of what is going on in the world.

I do lots of electoral statistics, but am branching out into other statistics realms as well. For me, it is totally relaxing and even helps me to have the energy to concentrate on my real profession in the outside world.

At the moment, for me, statistical probability is less important than actual statistical history of a recurring event, for instance, nuclear power plant security breaches, elections, atlantic storms or polio outbreaks in Asia - for I believe very strongly that knowing our past helps us to form our wished-for future.

I've worked pretty damned hard to be totally impassionate when it comes to numbers and not try to bend them to satisfy my own political leanings.

I am fluent in a number of languages and very much enjoy seeing other members salt-and-pepper their postings with words and phrases from a foreign language, for I believe that each language has it's own flavor and way of describing things that can't always be duplicated in another language. Did you know that the Inuits have about 20 different words for "snow" but no word for "war" in their lexicon?

Finally, I am willing to greet each person of good will with good will in kind, regardless of political leanings. Treat me well, I will definitely treat you well.

Off to the starting gate.....

Statistikhengst

Great to see you Statistikhengst and a few others I recognize!

Numbers and stats are all well and good, but how do you sing?

Thx :redface:

shhhhh....

Would like to throw out a well-meaning thanks to all who sent me green rep points up till now, there was no way for me to directly respond in email, for I didn't check a box in the settings to make sure I get an email for every rep received. The problem is fixed as of now, from now on, I will send some nice messages back.

Again, thanks!!!

[MENTION=43857]eagle1462010[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31463]J.E.D[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44172]Sweet_Caroline[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37709]MHunterB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION]

From now on, thanks through private email. Just didn't want you guys to think I was being rude or something like that....

Would like to throw out a well-meaning thanks to all who sent me green rep points up till now, there was no way for me to directly respond in email, for I didn't check a box in the settings to make sure I get an email for every rep received. The problem is fixed as of now, from now on, I will send some nice messages back.

Again, thanks!!!

From now on, thanks through private email. Just didn't want you guys to think I was being rude or something like that....

Any time. ;)

Again, thanks!!!

you need to set your options to have a pm sent to you when you get a rep..... then all you do is hit reply...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/intro...tation-101-reps-for-newbie-s-of-the-usmb.html

Again, thanks!!!

you need to set your options to have a pm sent to you when you get a rep..... then all you do is hit reply...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/intro...tation-101-reps-for-newbie-s-of-the-usmb.html

yEpp, I did that. But I am so happy that you stopped by again!!!

I used to be on a forum elsewhere - and got burnt out. Haven't decided yet if I want to be on another forum at all, but a dear friend recommended this forum, so I am gonna check out usmb and see what's shaking.

I am a person who loves numbers and statistics. If you llike numbers too, then I bet we will get along famously. This may be hard to describe without sounding completely nuts, but the numbers kind of dance in my head - even while I am dreaming - and allow me to achieve a statistical overview of what is going on in the world.

I do lots of electoral statistics, but am branching out into other statistics realms as well. For me, it is totally relaxing and even helps me to have the energy to concentrate on my real profession in the outside world.

At the moment, for me, statistical probability is less important than actual statistical history of a recurring event, for instance, nuclear power plant security breaches, elections, atlantic storms or polio outbreaks in Asia - for I believe very strongly that knowing our past helps us to form our wished-for future.

I've worked pretty damned hard to be totally impassionate when it comes to numbers and not try to bend them to satisfy my own political leanings.

I am fluent in a number of languages and very much enjoy seeing other members salt-and-pepper their postings with words and phrases from a foreign language, for I believe that each language has it's own flavor and way of describing things that can't always be duplicated in another language. Did you know that the Inuits have about 20 different words for "snow" but no word for "war" in their lexicon?

Finally, I am willing to greet each person of good will with good will in kind, regardless of political leanings. Treat me well, I will definitely treat you well.

Statistikhengst

"Aeevayoc" or "ugeearpoc" may serve.

Statistikhengst

"Aeevayoc" or "ugeearpoc" may serve.

ok.......

Forum List

Back