Hi ALL...I'm new here

crusty

Rookie
Nov 20, 2013
hereandthere
I am an opionated and highly thoughtful older woman (late sixties), especially in politics. I am an Independant. What brought me here is I googled " US maintaining troops and outposts in Afghanistan" and lo and behold this site popped up, so I joined in hopes of finding some insight as to what US has to gain by this agreement if it does actually happen. :eusa_eh:

Welcome to USMB, crusty...:)

57509lgdd7qriyp.gif

Everyone that welcomed you so far are good people.

Now me, on the other hand? ; /

I am an opionated and highly thoughtful older woman (late sixties), especially in politics. I am an Independant. What brought me here is I googled " US maintaining troops and outposts in Afghanistan" and lo and behold this site popped up, so I joined in hopes of finding some insight as to what US has to gain by this agreement if it does actually happen. :eusa_eh:

I'm new too and this is a pretty confusing place, but I'll learn, and I am sure you will too.

As for Afghanistan, my understanding is that our troops will serve in a non-combatant role and are only there to supply, train, and assist the Afghani military against certain militant factions hostile to Afghanistan's emerging democracy and to avoid leaving a political and military vacuum. I can see pros and cons.

I would suggest you perhaps google the Bilateral Security Agreement between the United States and Afghanistan for more information.

As for me, I am losing sight of what is messier, war or politics.

And welcome, from one rookie to another.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Look, I believe there is going to be a lot of people against this agreement, especially anti-war groups because I think that with this agreement they think it is US way of keeping the war machines rolling out at tax payer expense. What do you think?

Welcome to USMB, crusty. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Forum List

Back