A New Pope

Jimmyeatworld

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2004
America
It was just made official. After some debate about what color the smoke was, it's been confirmed there is a new pope. Much quicker than expected, and I believe they said it was the quickest election of a new pope in over a century.

Jimmyeatworld said:
It was just made official. After some debate about what color the smoke was, it's been confirmed there is a new pope. Much quicker than expected, and I believe they said it was the quickest election of a new pope in over a century.

Can't be, Pope John Paul I was elected after two votes, this one after four.

(Pope John Paul II after 8 votes)

wolverine said:
If they burn the ballots - no chance for a recount. :flameth:

Or to see how close the vote was. I think there is a reason for the burning of the votes. However at least 2/3 would have to agree to the decision or there would be internal church issues at the Cardinal level.

no1tovote4 said:
Or to see how close the vote was. I think there is a reason for the burning of the votes. However at least 2/3 would have to agree to the decision or there would be internal church issues at the Cardinal level.

They always burn the ballots to maintain secrecy, I thought.

no1tovote4 said:
Can't be, Pope John Paul I was elected after two votes, this one after four.

(Pope John Paul II after 8 votes)

But in actual time this one is quicker. When John Paul I was elected they didn't take a vote at all on the first day.

Jimmyeatworld said:
But in actual time this one is quicker. When John Paul I was elected they didn't take a vote at all on the first day.

what year was john paul I elected?

Good choice in that he was Pope John Paul's closest confidant, advisor and essentially the keeper of Catholic doctrine. Extremely learned man!

St. Malachy said this Pope would be "de Gloria Olivae" The Glory of Olives. The Olivetans come from the Order of St. Benedict. So it looks, already, like he was right once again.

Pretty interesting....

Forum List

Back