A Look At Who 'Cleared' The Climate Scientists

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Looks like the whole process that got them in trouble when the light fell on the emails, is being repeated by the investigation:

Lobbyists who cleared 'Climategate' academics funded by taxpayers and the BBC - Telegraph

Lobbyists who cleared 'Climategate' academics funded by taxpayers and the BBC
A shadowy lobby group which pushes the case that global warming is a real threat is being funded by the taxpayer and assisted by the BBC.

By Jason Lewis, Investigations Editor

The little-known not-for-profit company works behind the scenes at international conferences to further its aims.

One of its key supporters headed the official investigation into the so-called "Climategate emails", producing a report which cleared experts of deliberately attempting to skew scientific results to confirm that global warming was a real threat.

Another scientific expert linked to the group came forward to praise a second independent investigation into the Climategate affair which also exonerated researchers.

Set up with the backing of Tony Blair, then the Prime Minister, and run by a group of British MPs and peers the organisation, Globe International, started life as an All Party Group based in the House of Commons.

It is now run as an international climate change lobbying group flying its supporters and experts club class to international summits to push its agenda. Last year, it said, it spent around £500,000 flying its supporters to these meetings.

It has also paid out at least £75,000 on travel for prominent UK politicians, including for its former presidents Elliot Morley, the ex-Labour environment minister now facing jail for expenses fraud, and Stephen Byers, the former Labour cabinet minister who was suspended from the Commons after he was filmed describing himself a "cab for hire" when offering to lobby his parliamentary contacts for cash.

Now Globe is planning a mass lobby of the United Nations Rio 2012 summit in Brazil, where world leaders will discuss climate change, by holding a World Summit of Legislators in the city to coincided with the event.

Next week the group's current President Lord Deben, the former Tory Cabinet Minister John Gummer, is due to launch a major report on climate change policy alongside Chris Huhne, the Energy Secretary.

Globe has also recently held behind-closed-doors meetings with William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, and other senior Coalition ministers.

Last year two prominent experts linked to Globe were drawn into the controversy over emails leaked from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit.

Lord Oxburgh, the organisation's director, was called in to head an internal inquiry into the leaked emails which included one infamous message referring to a "trick" to "hide the decline" in global temperatures.

The peer's investigation cleared the scientists of malpractice. But critics claimed the report was a whitewash and Lord Oxburgh also failed to declare his involvement with Globe before he began his investigation...

What a scam.............doesnt raise the eyebrow of a single k00k though!!!:D:D To assholes like Chris and Old Rocks, 100% legit!!

I think we have all spent a few moments fantasizing about inventing something and making millions. The really smart inventors dont think first about the product they'll sell...........they think about the segment of the population they can fleece with ease THEN get to work on the scam. Thats the secret. Idenfity a group that you know would buy a bag of dog doo for $1,000.00 a pop and package it just right = mega-profits.

Everybody knows what this is....................

pict_20100209_152218.jpg

Its a Turbonator............a BS product that is a total scam!! Millions bought the thing and I will bet you all the tea in China AND my house that environmental assholes like Rocks and Chris couldnt get one of these in their cars fast enough. Like I said.........identify the suckers and go make the product.

Last edited:
While Oxburgh was a less than totally neutral choice I would have been OK with it if the investigation was competently done. It wasnt. UEA set the agenda for what was examined and it ignored the controversial papers that were brought up by Climategate. The interview transcripts were not made public and the whole thing only took less than 3 days, including writing the actual Report! It is hard not to come to the conclusion that it was just a whitewash.

The other British inquiry was no better. Jones was under suspicion of conspiring to delete emails to thwart FOI requests and Muir Russell admitted that his commission did not even ASK Jones if he made those requests or if emails were subsequently deleted! (at least one of the principals involved has since admitted that Jones' request was carried out and emails were deleted)

Waaaaah......waaaaah, they didn't repeat my lies. sob, snivel.

Lordy, lordy, you fellows lost. Not a single scientific society anywhere in the world agrees with your idiocy. Not a single Academy of Science, not even lower Slobovia, not a single major university.

The evidence stands. The globe is warming, and the manmade GHGs are the cause.

Lordy, lordy, you fellows lost. Not a single scientific society anywhere in the world agrees with your idiocy. Not a single Academy of Science, not even lower Slobovia, not a single major university.

hahaha, you consider that relavent? was OJ innocent or just found not guilty?

the globe has warmed slightly since the Little Ice Age. so what? catastrophe? highly unlikely.

the second, and mostly unconnected portion of your statement is that GHGs caused it. unproven and also highly unlikely

the globe has warmed slightly since the Little Ice Age. so what? catastrophe? highly unlikely.

the second, and mostly unconnected portion of your statement is that GHGs caused it. unproven and also highly unlikely

Only to the chronically logic-impaired. :cool:

logic impaired? like the climategate inquiries that thought they could find out what happened by studiously ignoring any questions about what went on?or logically impaired like the media who proclaimed exonneration without seeing if the questions were answered? integrity of scientists- did the hockey team conspire to delete incriminating emails on the manipulation of IPCC2007?. integrity of the science- were the data clipped, trimmed and disguised to support the hockey team's pet theory? the answer to both questions is yes, yet most people believe they were found not guilty.

I can at least understand the oversimplified logic of konradv's fixation on the small effect of CO2 while he ignores the large effects of water in its different forms. but it is the same style of propaganda that says look here but dont look there.

I have seen a lot of evidence, and much of it confuses evidence of warming with proof of GHG involvement. logic is a commodity in short supply in many places.

Good description of your problem. I hope you can rectify it. Identifying the issue is half the battle after all.

You have to bear in mind that "climate change" is both a religion and a political ideology.It's adherents will lie, manipulate data, and commit academic and scientific fraud to promote it; "any means to the desired end. That movement was revealed for what it was in "climategate", it deserves no futher credibility, or funding, ,of course, academia, being first and foremost politically Leftist, will do or say anything to try to mitigate the damage, but like the many lies and so-called "tolerance" of the left, this too, is just another part of the big lie. The sooner we give these egomaniacs no more funding, and purge them from academia (to stop their political indoctrination of yet another generation), the batter!

You have to bear in mind that "climate change" is both a religion and a political ideology.It's adherents will lie, manipulate data, and commit academic and scientific fraud to promote it; "any means to the desired end. That movement was revealed for what it was in "climategate", it deserves no futher credibility, or funding, ,of course, academia, being first and foremost politically Leftist, will do or say anything to try to mitigate the damage, but like the many lies and so-called "tolerance" of the left, this too, is just another part of the big lie. The sooner we give these egomaniacs no more funding, and purge them from academia (to stop their political indoctrination of yet another generation), the batter!

You're the one that's lying.

Simple logic tells you that, if CO2 absorbs energy and the concentration is going up, more energy will be absorbed. More energy, more heat. Your arguments are totally political. But they have to be, because neither logic nor science are on your side. You swallow any rap the skeptics hand out not because you understand the theory, but because it fits your political bias.

Simple logic tells you that, if CO2 absorbs energy and the concentration is going up, more energy will be absorbed. More energy, more heat. Your arguments are totally political. But they have to be, because neither logic nor science are on your side. You swallow any rap the skeptics hand out not because you understand the theory, but because it fits your political bias.

If what you say had any basis in fact there would be significant warming now. Instead there is cooling and will be for the next 20 to 30 years. That means CO2 is not a significant contributor to global temperatures. This fact is consistently born out by the Vostock Ice Cores. Yours is the political position, not ours.

If what you say had any basis in fact there would be significant warming now. Instead there is cooling and will be for the next 20 to 30 years. That means CO2 is not a significant contributor to global temperatures. This fact is consistently born out by the Vostock Ice Cores. Yours is the political position, not ours.

Oh my, the chief liar for the deniars now chips in. Well, Walleyes, even the little avatar that Ian has shows the warming. The fact that you and he deny any warming with that staring you in the face merely demostrates that you put political idiocy ahead of truth.

Oh my, the chief liar for the deniars now chips in. Well, Walleyes, even the little avatar that Ian has shows the warming. The fact that you and he deny any warming with that staring you in the face merely demostrates that you put political idiocy ahead of truth.

Where have I ever said there was no warming? Hmmm? The planet has been in a warming trend (with multi century down turns) for the last 11,000 years. The evidence that man is causing the current warming is what the argument is about and there is zero empirical data to support that theory.

You lose.

Now we are finding out how quickly the Conservatives here can go from "these guys are going to prove you wrong" to "what else can you expect from Berkeley!".:razz:

http://www.berkeleyearth.org/Resources/Muller_Testimony_31_March_2011

Despite potential biases in the data, methods of analysis can be used to reduce bias effects
well enough to enable us to measure long-term Earth temperature changes. Data integrity
is adequate. Based on our initial work at Berkeley Earth, I believe that some of the most
worrisome biases are less of a problem than I had previously thought.

Now we are finding out how quickly the Conservatives here can go from "these guys are going to prove you wrong" to "what else can you expect from Berkeley!".:razz:

http://www.berkeleyearth.org/Resources/Muller_Testimony_31_March_2011

Despite potential biases in the data, methods of analysis can be used to reduce bias effects
well enough to enable us to measure long-term Earth temperature changes. Data integrity
is adequate. Based on our initial work at Berkeley Earth, I believe that some of the most
worrisome biases are less of a problem than I had previously thought.

why are you so gung-ho to premptively declare victory before the study is released?
Based on our initial work at Berkeley Earth, I believe that some of the most
worrisome biases are less of a problem than I had previously thought.[/
if the new data table finds that 1/10th of the temperature increase was due to unreasonable adjustments will you consider that a 'full exoneration'? what about 1/6th or 1/3rd?

as I said months ago, I think both sides will be unhappy with the results. I suppose whoever manages to get the best play in the media will be the 'winner'.

Forum List

Back