More bad poll news for the k00ks!!!

Discussion in 'Environment' started by skookerasbil, Apr 26, 2011.

1. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    Evidently.........despite having a HUGE propaganda advantge in the major media, most people think the global warming threat is pretty much BS. And think about it.........at least half of those who do are the hysterical types out there who buy anything the media says hook, line and stinker!!!

Gallup: Majority of Human Race Does Not See Global Warming as Serious Threat
    Monday, April 25, 2011
    By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - Most of the human race does not see global warming as a serious threat, according to a Gallup poll released last week that surveyed individuals in 111 countries.

Respondents were asked: “How serious of a threat is global warming to you and your family?” They were given the options of anwering: not at all serious, not very serious, somewhat serious or very serious.

Worldwide, only 42 percent told Gallup they believed global warming was either a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat. Gallup did not publish the separate percentages for each answer.

In the United States, 53 percent said they believed global warming was a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat to themselves and their families. That was down from 63 percent in polling that Gallup did on the question in the United States in 2007 and 2008.

Of the 111 countries that Gallup polled, Greece ranked as No.1 for popular fear of global warming. In that southern European country 87 percent said global warming was a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat.

That was a far higher percentage than across the Mediterranean in Egypt, a desert nation, where only 18 percent said they believed global warming was a somewhat serious or very serious threat.

Somaliland ranked dead last—with only 10 percent of local residents saying global warming was a somewhat serious or very serious threat.

Yemen ranked second to last with 13 percent.

China, the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitter, ranked 105th out of 111 among the countries polled by Gallup. Only 21 percent of Chinese said they believed global warming is a somewhat serious or very serious threat to themselves or their families.

Gallup: Majority of Human Race Does Not See Global Warming as Serious Threat | CNSnews.com

But really........seems me and the majority of folks ( what does Rocks refer to them as??:D:D)......who by the way just finished freezing their asses off for 6 months after being buried in snow for 9 weeks just said when this question was posed..................

[​IMG]

By the way............anybody else see RDeans latest solution to the gasoline prices???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    LOL!!! Kooks thinks the Laws of Chemistry and Physics are up for a vote! :lol::lol::lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. RollingThunder

RollingThunder VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah....you and a majority of uneducated, ignorant third worlders who've mostly never even heard of global warming.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Are you really silly and/or stupid enough to think that opinion polls determine scientific reality? LOL. This world wide poll reflects both the partial success of the fossil fuel industry's propaganda campaign in fooling a portion of the population and the unfortunate ignorance of the people in many of these third world countries. According to the Gallup poll I cite below, in the 111 countries they surveyed, 36% were "not aware of global warming" but broken down by country, most of those are in Africa and the undeveloped parts of Asia. From the article you cited regarding the Gallup poll: "In the United States, 53 percent said they believed global warming was a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat to themselves and their families." In France the percentage is 57% and in Greece, it is 87%. Countries where the percentage answering yes to that question were also very high included Ecuador and Venezuela, which have had to contend with deadly floods linked to global warming. Countries with the lowest percentage concerned about global warming included Haiti, Yemen, Somaliland and Liberia, where there is widespread illiteracy, poverty and political instability and people are probably more worried about bullets than warming.

I did a search for the new Gallup Poll and the only recent one on global warming I could find is this one. Bit of a different title than that newspaper headline, eh?

Worldwide, Blame for Climate Change Falls on Humans
    (excerpt)
    People nearly everywhere, including majorities in developed Asia and Latin America, are more likely to attribute global warming to human activities rather than natural causes. The U.S. is the exception...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192

S0n........not sure you're aware but you are one of these board members who should have to take a NAIVE test before stepping up from People.com Message Boards.

Chemistry and Physics and the laws attached to them are provable. Zero in the climate business is provable.

5. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192

Actually..........I couldnt give a rats ass what other countries think. Whats important to me is that in this country, most of the people think the "man-made" myth is well............myth, which is indeed great for me because I dont have to worry about whack job climate legislation being passed which would cause me to have to pay double for my electricity. Thanks but as a homeowner, my bills are high enough.

Many on here can conveniently support all this climate shit because they dont own dick so its no skin off their nose. Many of the k00ks who support "causes" have minimal life responsibilities and virtually zero assets........ummm........its called setting the bar low.:finger3:

6. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Lets talk about the "laws" of chemistry and physics. How about you start by describing the mechanism by which you believe a gas (other than water vapor) can capture and retain energy. Once we have that knocked out, perhaps we can discuss how you believe an object that is passively warmed can further warm its source of heat.

Hell, there are all sorts of topics regarding chemistry and physics that we can discuss. Of course, if all you are capable of is cut and paste, I am afraid that you won't get far in the discussion.

So lets talk. How about that CO2 heat trapping mechanism you believe so fervently in? How does it work?

7. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    With such a wealth of ammunition, it should be no problem for you to bring forward some hard, observed evidence that establishes an unequivocal link between the activities of man and the changing global climate. Lets see it.

Hell, if you can provide hard proof that increases in CO2 are driving the climate this guy will pay you $10,000. There are several larger cash prizes out there for anyone who can prove that manmade CO2 is responsible for global climate change. Why do you suppose none of your priests has stepped up to the plate to collect this money if the "science" is settled and the effect has been proven?

Step on up. Prove your case. Earn some money.

8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,192
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxaxJNs15s]YouTube - Global Warming Panic explained[/ame]

9. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    LOL!!! Read up on chemistry and you'll know exactly how it happens. Check out the part on the quantum states of the electron cloud.

10. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    Logic tells you it's true. Waiting for the proof you or this guy wants, may be too late. I'm certainly not going to take the word of someone who doesn't even know about electron quantum states and how energy is absorbed and released by changing those states. I'm no fool. You throw out a good rap, but you're either lying or are totally ignorant about the subject. You ask for proof, but who's got time to review high school chemistry with you? You should have that under your belt BEFORE coming here.