A Liberal Who Gets It

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I could not believe what I was reading - finally a big government liberal who understands the war on terror

Dems, Bush Should Agree to Fight al-Qaida
By Mort Kondracke

Instead of serving as another focus for partisan rancor, the resurgent menace of al-Qaida ought to unify Democrats and Republicans around a common threat.

It would help enormously if President Bush admitted upfront that his mistakes -- including the decision to go to war in Iraq -- stimulated al-Qaida's recovery.

At the same time, Americans have every right to expect that Democrats, especially presidential candidates, come up with a coherent strategy for fighting al-Qaida -- including its branch in Iraq -- instead of just pummeling Bush.
A joint strategy should consist of a determination to keep U.S. forces in Iraq until the threat posed by al-Qaida in Iraq is defeated; greater efforts to create a democratic transition in Pakistan, al-Qaida's present headquarters; and upgraded efforts to bolster the weak pro-Western regime in Afghanistan.

However, instead of treating the latest National Intelligence Estimate as a dire warning demanding unified thinking and action, it was treated as yet another occasion for partisan wrangling.

As Washington Post columnist David Ignatius observed even before the report came out, there's every reason to fear that if a successful terrorist attack occurred in the United States, Democrats and Republicans would use it as an excuse for recrimination, not a cause for renewed determination to combat a murderous threat to civilization.

Democrats likely would charge, as they always do, that Bush diverted resources from fighting al-Qaida to invading Iraq, that he created a terrorist rallying point and recruiting ground there where none existed beforehand, and that he has inflamed Muslim sentiment around the world.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/07/democrats_bush_should_agree_to.html

I could not believe what I was reading - finally a big government liberal who understands the war on terror

By Mort Kondracke

Instead of serving as another focus for partisan rancor, the resurgent menace of al-Qaida ought to unify Democrats and Republicans around a common threat.

It would help enormously if President Bush admitted upfront that his mistakes -- including the decision to go to war in Iraq -- stimulated al-Qaida's recovery.

At the same time, Americans have every right to expect that Democrats, especially presidential candidates, come up with a coherent strategy for fighting al-Qaida -- including its branch in Iraq -- instead of just pummeling Bush.
A joint strategy should consist of a determination to keep U.S. forces in Iraq until the threat posed by al-Qaida in Iraq is defeated; greater efforts to create a democratic transition in Pakistan, al-Qaida's present headquarters; and upgraded efforts to bolster the weak pro-Western regime in Afghanistan.

However, instead of treating the latest National Intelligence Estimate as a dire warning demanding unified thinking and action, it was treated as yet another occasion for partisan wrangling.

As Washington Post columnist David Ignatius observed even before the report came out, there's every reason to fear that if a successful terrorist attack occurred in the United States, Democrats and Republicans would use it as an excuse for recrimination, not a cause for renewed determination to combat a murderous threat to civilization.

Democrats likely would charge, as they always do, that Bush diverted resources from fighting al-Qaida to invading Iraq, that he created a terrorist rallying point and recruiting ground there where none existed beforehand, and that he has inflamed Muslim sentiment around the world.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/07/democrats_bush_should_agree_to.html

Liberals..Conservatives..Retards..Children..Muslims for the most part..and even Britney Spears knows the importance to keep the fight up on any al-Qaida organization..no matter where they set up camp...

A majority of WORLD GOVERNMENTS do just that...Maybe you forgot..but Saddam wouldn't of let there asses on Iraqi soil either..He would of wiped out an entire village if he so much as even suspected one al-Qaidaa operative hanging out a human shit pile for a matter of a few hours.

The fact is..that not Democrats..But America...and I'll even include the world,on how we/they/everybody is looking at this war on terrorism.

You posted an article that said.."Democrats likely would charge, as they always do, that Bush diverted resources from fighting al-Qaida to invading Iraq, that he created a terrorist rallying point and recruiting ground there where none existed beforehand, and that he has inflamed Muslim sentiment around the world."

Is not that..what EXACTLY happened?...Does this take a jury to prove otherwise??

It was also fabricated to go into Iraq...Did somebody forget that part??...I don't need to remind all..the WMD approach..then on to Operation Iraqi Freedom..then onto this..and that.

The second most imortant factor...is they draged this out with more fabrications...The first couple years were crucial...Coaches in professional sports are replaced..so should an administration when it screws up so dam bad...All there time has been trying to fix a mistake..they can't.

Blame libs now..for when a Lib President is in office when the civil war & mass killing starts....

When Japan bombed Pearl Harbor we were lining up..Our soldiers believed in the battle they had to fight....

Our country was so dam strong & united after 911...

WE NEED THAT SPIRIT....It's been clouded over by the now war...on the war of terrorism in Iraq.

Osama is still alive..The Taliban has improved..Al-Qaidaa has improved 1000 times fold.....The battle ground we are fighting on...we created for the enemy to come to us.

I see the tide turning..From vets..and those serving are seriously questioning why.."why"?..It's the accomplishment...We're not taking the beach any more..being slamed with German 88's as the factor to get through..to say.."Mission Accomplished"

We got the "F" outa Nam....and can you just imagine if we'd of prolonged that for 6 more years?...What would have been accomplished?...I can just imagine if it was the Bush team back then.

I am also glad Kennedy was in office during the Cuban Missle Crisis..instead of Bush..and he had advisors that have served more that 3 different presidents over time..at least THEY GOT SMARTER OVER TIME..Didn't help Bush.

I'm sorry man...This so called a liberal gots it right propaganda,is like saying Bush has been at the wheel..and all is good.

I'm not sure what one of you need a Alcohol Breath Analyzer...

I'm buzzed now..but I could just imagine if I encountered you at a grocery sober..a public place where several people could listen...to the so called defense you'd use...when I drilled you into a corner...Verbal..not a physical encounter.

Months back you were posting how things are working..if it was libs we'd be done in for..The world works now my friend..that even the Richard Simmons show could make a comeback to fight Al-Qaidaa ..and do a way better job,gather more support...(from the world too) from a man soft in nature.

We all understand the war on terror........The war/occupation in Iraq was not a decision from Mr.Bush as just a blunder(so called mistake)...Beyond a doubt he fabricated this war..even went against world opinion...He pushed for this..We all know that..and time was essential also...He was mounting up as the towers fell...He was determined....

No court in the world would of convicted Iraq..that they must be invaded to save world peace.

As far as him to admit he made a mstake?....hahahaha...Clarify where he'd say he ever made mistake/mistakes in his so called plan..It was ambition,stupidity..and an ego that took advantage of a situation brought along by 911...That would open a doorway to the whole dam mess of this..so called to admit a mistake.

He was just as naive after all of this on that aircraft carrier with that banner.."Mission Accomplished" on the ship.

So right there that tells you...he had no dam plan to begin with..nor a backup plan..or the backup plan..for the backup....It's one thing to claim bad information,faulty data..so called bad intelligence...

Even if all the intelligence was right..and we found the worlds most oldest antique crap of shit..claimed as WMD's..the story would still be the same.

So many 1000's in a joint venture to the poppy fields in Afghanistan..and a major invasion into Iraq..that had 1000000% nothing to do with us..or terror related to us..

It's more than obvious..that even somebody running for a "Dog Catcher" in a local community...will use this Iraq situation..as you do...To get a vote,if a politcal situation arises they can take advantage of.

Sometimes when one is confronted..does make the mistake of turning a blind eye to things..that must be confronted!!

Sometimes..one makes a mistake..and confronts things not in the interest of a nation.

I feel this so-called a lib wanted Bush to admit a mistake has been made..but in reality this is far larger than a mistake.This fool should be careful not to go down..as hard as Bush will when all said..and done...It's a sign of a career politician...Some are not taking advantage of that..as some as others may be.

A war that a president starts..and a nation trys to end..hurts.

That's to be expected for the party especialy calling the shots.

A joint front on terror..we had by the balls...A United Front would of been the best...We most certainly didn't go that way though...to the degree we could have.

To post these relentless articles..with such determination/belief..almost like a religion...chases people away from you,if your hoping for a vote this year.

Beyond a doubt..you have to be a liberal....because even a con would vote liberal having to read this crusade type crap you post daily..Even your average Con wouldn't grasp,swallow..let alone agree with you on Iraq issues,from every publication you find supporting this war.....It's nonsense dude...The crap you say would be sacry to watch daily on a News TV Station.....We are all blessed it's limited to this board....Amen..:)

Buddy..it's not Libs you're facing in your glory supporting the Iraq War/Occupation..Policing...What ever ya wana call it.

The only person who don't get this..is you.

Peace..:)

By Mort Kondracke

for the complete article

Mort Kondrake isn't a liberal. Dummy.

Anymore than your favorite liberal Republican candidate for prez - Gulliani - is a "hardcore conservative".

There are actually a number of liberals who sort of switched over to either conservative ideology after 9/11, or embraced the WoT whole heartedly. Christoper Hitchens is one of the more well known ones and is, unfortunately, regarded as a traitor by many on the left.

Mort Kondrake isn't a liberal. Dummy.

Anymore than your favorite liberal Republican candidate for prez - Gulliani - is a "hardcore conservative".

Mort is a big liberal. Since he disagrees with the DNC talking points you have revoked his memebrship to the Dem party

There are actually a number of liberals who sort of switched over to either conservative ideology after 9/11, or embraced the WoT whole heartedly. Christoper Hitchens is one of the more well known ones and is, unfortunately, regarded as a traitor by many on the left.

There are a few liberals who have put their country ahead of their party. That is an unforgivable sin to the kook base

Forum List

Back