General Patton Speaks On The Mid East

so is it your belife that america going into iraq was stratigicly benifial, in respect to a nucler threat?

He was a threat to US interests in the region.

prioritze the threats facing us in March of '03. tell me that any sane leader would invest as much time, men and money on Iraq as Bush did.

Let's see.... I have a gang of Hell's Angels trying to beat down my front door, my wife was cooking bacon in the kitchen and started a fire on the stove that has engulfed the kitchen, and I have termites. Time to call Terminex!

Kim Jong Il is - and was - more of a threat to US interests than Saddam ever was.

Damn... six months BEFORE 9/11, Colin Powell stated the following while in Egypt:

"We had a good discussion, the Foreign Minister and I and the President and I, had a good discussion about the nature of the sanctions--the fact that the sanctions exist-- not for the purpose of hurting the Iraqi people, but for the purpose of keeping in check Saddam Hussein's ambitions toward developing weapons of mass destruction. We should constantly be reviewing our policies, constantly be looking at those sanctions to make sure that they are directed toward that purpose. That purpose is every bit as important now as it was ten years ago when we began it. And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors."

so he was LYING?

He was a threat to US interests in the region.

He was a potential threat to US allies, and to US oil supplies.

But, not a threat that rose to the level of spending a trillion taxpayer dollars, and 30,000 dead and wounded american soldiers, to invade and occupy iraq

\

Yes

Saddam was a threat to the US and his neighbors - and had to be taken out

All that was achived in atacking iraq is give more power to iran, who are a more real threat nucler front. As well as destablizing the whole reagion. I belive the nucler threat went up in the years following the invation.

He was a potential threat to US allies, and to US oil supplies.

But, not a threat that rose to the level of spending a trillion taxpayer dollars, and 30,000 dead and wounded american soldiers, to invade and occupy iraq

So you would have no problem with Saddm still in power?

All that was achived in atacking iraq is give more power to iran, who are a more real threat nucler front. As well as destablizing the whole reagion. I belive the nucler threat went up in the years following the invation.

and if little Adolf Ahmadinejad gets close to getting his nukes - they will be taken out

no comment from the resident Iraqi lover, RSR?

prioritize the threats facing us in March of '03. tell me that any sane leader would invest as much time, men and money on Iraq as Bush did.

Let's see.... I have a gang of Hell's Angels trying to beat down my front door, my wife was cooking bacon and started a fire on the stove that has engulfed the entire kitchen, AND I have termites. Time to call Terminex!

Kim Jong Il is - and was - more of a threat to US interests than Saddam ever was. Osama bin Laden remains a bigger threat to US interests than Saddam ever was.

Damn... six months BEFORE 9/11, Colin Powell stated the following while in Egypt:

"We had a good discussion, the Foreign Minister and I and the President and I, had a good discussion about the nature of the sanctions--the fact that the sanctions exist-- not for the purpose of hurting the Iraqi people, but for the purpose of keeping in check Saddam Hussein's ambitions toward developing weapons of mass destruction. We should constantly be reviewing our policies, constantly be looking at those sanctions to make sure that they are directed toward that purpose. That purpose is every bit as important now as it was ten years ago when we began it. And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors."

so he was LYING?

again...you need to understand the rather elemental difference between COMMENTS and QUESTIONS. You need to answer questions before you get to expect anyone to answer any more of yours.

Here...try this:

I believe this:

"And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors."

are you suggesting that Colin Powell was speaking incorrectly in this instance?

and another.

I asked that anyone prioritize the threats facing us in March of '03. tell me that any sane leader would invest as much time, men and money on Iraq as Bush did.

and then I made this analogy:

Let's see.... I have a gang of Hell's Angels trying to beat down my front door, my wife was cooking bacon and started a fire on the stove that has engulfed the entire kitchen, AND I have termites. Time to call Terminex!

now...let's see if you can comment on those statements using yoru own words, framing your reply in something more substantial than stock oneliners, and putting your reply in something other than the form of a question.

Go on...this will be fun!

My, libs have savaged Mr Powell for workign for Pres Bush - now they use one of his comments as proof Bush lied

Were all the Dems lying (including Bill Clinton) when they all said Saddam had WMD's and was trying to get nukes?

you really are as numb as a pounded thumb. Do you see that question mark at the end of your post? that is an example of you asking more questions. Answer some before asking any more....or at least before expecting anyone to answer anymore of yours.

you really are as numb as a pounded thumb. Do you see that question mark at the end of your post? that is an example of you asking more questions. Answer some before asking any more....or at least before expecting anyone to answer anymore of yours.

Ok

You can't or won't answer the question

Facts are a bitch to counter MM

Ok

You can't or won't answer the question

Facts are a bitch to counter MM

you are right. I can't OR won't answer your question. the correct option is WON'T. I certainly CAN, but I won't answer any more of YOUR questions until you start answering mine.

that's how adults converse. you need to quit being selfish and quit expecting answers from me when you give me none.

you are right. I can't OR won't answer your question. the correct option is WON'T. I certainly CAN, but I won't answer any more of YOUR questions until you start answering mine.

that's how adults converse. you need to quit being selfish and quit expecting answers from me when you give me none.

Taking a cue form your party? Surrendering and giving up the fight?

Forum List

Back