A Letter to Obama from a Military Wife

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
This pretty much sums it up: Obama's anti-gun policies put military members' and their families' lives at risk.

I have little hope that you’ll ever read this, but I have to get this off my chest. Since 1993, our military personnel, many of whom have had extensive weapons training including sidearms, have not been allowed to carry weapons openly or concealed on military properties. Yet on your watch the following incidents have occurred:

(snip)

When these bad guys are on base, there is little or nothing our disarmed military members–people like my husband–can do save hide, call 9-1-1, and hope like hell the MPs hurry up. Isolated recruiting stations are in a worse position, open to the public and completely vulnerable.

With the recent threats by ISIS to target military personnel and their families, why are we pretending our military bases and stations are not military targets, ripe for exploitation by hidden terrorist assets or lone-wolf nut cases? For the love of God and country, allow our military members who pass standard background checks and have weapons training to carry personal sidearms in or out of uniform. The lives of military members and families alike–families just like mine–could depend on the courage of these armed and honorable individuals.

The lives of four military members could have been saved today in Chattanooga by such a change in policy. May God comfort their families. I doubt, Mr. Obama, that you will.

Sincerely,

A Military Wife

An Open Letter from a Military Wife to Obama About Military Property Security PJ Tatler

And she is correct: Obama Will Do Nothing.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Are you weak at comprehension?
Was it an issue 40 years ago??? It became one on OBAMA'S WATCH, and he refuses to address it...

Yes, it was an issue 40 years ago. Learn your history, dipshit.

Stat

Learn your history...

There were isolated shootings at military installations prior to Obama, but the Muslim attacks (other than 9/11) began in 2009, under Obama' watch...

When will enough be enough on those attacks????

Sassy

But he supports abortion for a reason....
6a00e54efc9d10883400e5508a261b8834-800wi1.jpg

Stat

Learn your history...

There were isolated shootings at military installations prior to Obama, but the Muslim attacks (other than 9/11) began in 2009, under Obama' watch...

When will enough be enough on those attacks????

It's been a bloodbath on Obama's watch.

And don't you love the Prog sophistry? Somehow, the laws that prevent military from carrying weapons are SACROSANCT and must not be changed, but Obama ignores immigration law, treaty law, and any other law that inhibits his agenda.

This has been military policy for more than 40 years. Why is this suddenly Obama's fault?

Statistikhengst (AKA Scat) STFU dumbass. It went into effect in 1992,Keep your stupid mouth shut about things you dont have clue about. I was in the Navy when that order went into effect.

Department of Defense issued a directive in February 1992 affecting the carrying of firearms on bases by military personnel. That directive was eventually implemented through a regulation190-14 issued by the Department of the Army (not via executive order) in March 1993,

I hate it when stupid POS liberals that never served a fucking day in the Military open thier stupid big dumbass mouths about military matters.

So all the dead don't matter. Thanks for clearing that up.

:wtf:

Please spare us the crocodile tears.

Conservatives are the last people on earth who care about the sanctity of life.

Says the asshole who supports abortion

You see, that's where your stupidity shines through.

I have repeatedly, right here in USMB, told people that I'm pro-life. There are pro-life Democrats and I am one of them.

Better luck to you next time.

And don't forget to put some creme on that butthurt sore, it's festering... tsk, tsk.

So all the dead don't matter. Thanks for clearing that up.

:wtf:

Please spare us the crocodile tears.

Conservatives are the last people on earth who care about the sanctity of life.

Says the asshole who supports abortion

You see, that's where your stupidity shines through.

I have repeatedly, right here in USMB, told people that I'm pro-life. There are pro-life Democrats and I am one of them.

Better luck to you next time.

And don't forget to put some creme on that butthurt sore, it's festering... tsk, tsk.

You were thoroughly marinated in a Vat of Liquid Stupid at birth, which 'splains your inability to understand REALITY.

Forum List

Back