A Hiring Boom "May" be on the way.

Again...I am not just talking about domestic demand. And I am surprised by the "Kids who don't belong there" crapola. Every American kid belongs in college.

In any case..Bush cut taxes..and lowered interest rates to zero. That..and the deregulation brought about by the loss of Glass-Steagall created a plethora of predatory loan companies. That's a real bubble.

:eusa_hand:
"Every kid belongs in college" - that is a huuuge pile of dog poo.
A kid who can't (for whatever reason) hack high school in no way will be successful in higher education. That is really dumb thinking Sallow.

And another thing....the housing bubble started in the Bush admin?
C'mon...I would expect better from you than that. That is T-M and Rdean speak.

Started? No..not completely. But it went into overdrive with Bush. When Romney talked about letting some mortgages lapse to clear the market..that should have occurred at the beginning of 2001.

And kids not "hacking" high school..do so for any number of reasons..that need to be addressed. Unless there is some physical deficiency..no one is born stupid.

BOOOOOSH!!

For Christssakes.

Barney Frank and the Dem Congress were on vacation for 8 years???

I wish you Partisan shites would fucking pay attention. Maybe if I made it Simple:

Since 1945, The Republicans only controlled BOTH the Presidency and the Senate and the HoR for FOUR (4) YEARS; during the 108th and 109th congress.

Housing and construction are the backbones of this economy. They are both showing improvement and the confidence level is improving. I think many economist may be surprised at the amount of growth we will see by year's end (2012)....or the world could come to an end.

From what I've seen or read, most economists do not expect GDP to be much higher than 2.5%, some think closer to 2% or even lower. That ain't going to translate into a hiring boom. Wish it would happen, a lotta people need a job, but I'm not seeing it.

The interesting thing is, there are MANY job openings.

So why can't they be filled?

You show me a bunch of women that worked in a bank in Atlanta, GA, and ask them to drive 18 wheelers in North Dakota during January, then I'll show you a bunch of unemployed people.

Some of the jobs are low paying manual labor that many people don't want to do, especially if they're getting a UE check. Some jobs require a specific skill that most people don't have, and again, those that do are collecting that UE check. No doubt there are other reasons as well.

:eusa_hand:
"Every kid belongs in college" - that is a huuuge pile of dog poo.
A kid who can't (for whatever reason) hack high school in no way will be successful in higher education. That is really dumb thinking Sallow.

And another thing....the housing bubble started in the Bush admin?
C'mon...I would expect better from you than that. That is T-M and Rdean speak.

Started? No..not completely. But it went into overdrive with Bush. When Romney talked about letting some mortgages lapse to clear the market..that should have occurred at the beginning of 2001.

And kids not "hacking" high school..do so for any number of reasons..that need to be addressed. Unless there is some physical deficiency..no one is born stupid.

BOOOOOSH!!

For Christssakes.

Barney Frank and the Dem Congress were on vacation for 8 years???

I wish you Partisan shites would fucking pay attention. Maybe if I made it Simple:

Since 1945, The Republicans only controlled BOTH the Presidency and the Senate and the HoR for FOUR (4) YEARS; during the 108th and 109th congress.

And they didn't have a filibusterproof Senate either.

From what I've seen or read, most economists do not expect GDP to be much higher than 2.5%, some think closer to 2% or even lower. That ain't going to translate into a hiring boom. Wish it would happen, a lotta people need a job, but I'm not seeing it.

The interesting thing is, there are MANY job openings.

So why can't they be filled?

You show me a bunch of women that worked in a bank in Atlanta, GA, and ask them to drive 18 wheelers in North Dakota during January, then I'll show you a bunch of unemployed people.

Some of the jobs are low paying manual labor that many people don't want to do, especially if they're getting a UE check. Some jobs require a specific skill that most people don't have, and again, those that do are collecting that UE check. No doubt there are other reasons as well.

I'm sure you're right.

However, most UE pays for JOB TRAINING.

So, if you don't have the skill (driving an 18 wheeler), you can be trained.

You are correct: It's easier to sit in a park in NYC and bitch-and-moan than to learn a skill that is marketable.

BTW if anyone IS interested in doing more than "protesting," Boulder County will pay for your $4000, 3 week, truck driving class. Of course you gotta have a clean UA, and a good driving record.

Starting pay is about $40K/yr

Experience maxes out at about $80k/yr.

These are just musings..but lately there's been alot of frenzied activity from recruiters. And I just went to the office party of my old job and while talking to some of the guys there, many people who were looking for a year or more are getting snapped up.

What's going on?

Well aside from the economy getting better, the Bush tax cuts are set to expire. And there's not much evidence they did anything to help. Employers are sitting on tons and tons of liquidity and playing "shell games" to keep making money..without adding to the overall economy. Given the present anger in the public at large, I have a feeling that to quell some of this..there will be a hiring boom.

Who knows...:D

Soon there will be no way to hide the bad economy. No amount of fuzzy numbers will cover it up. Some experts predict things will get worse at the beginning of 2012. People get lazy when they think the government can come and save them. Thing is who's going to save the government with the bottom falls out.

I suppose you can call anything a bubble if you like..and point to things to support your point.

My understanding of a "bubble" is a sector that is artificially propped up..despite weak demand. Like the "Housing" bubble at the beginning of the Bush administration.

There is Strong demand for US education. And that's world wide.

Um...what?
Using your definition - there was no housing bubble.
A bubble is a market that is artificially propped up for any reason. Including creating an ARTIFICIAL demand.
Education demand is false. It is not reality. We have eons of kids who couldn't graduate high school getting 4 year loans including room and board. No college in their right mind would accept these kids in the past, and not one bank would give them a loan prior to the government guaranteeing the loan.
Colleges are filled with kids who don't belong there. And the only reason they are there is because of insane student loan practices that are identical in everyway to the insane mortgage loan practices.

Again...I am not just talking about domestic demand. And I am surprised by the "Kids who don't belong there" crapola. Every American kid belongs in college.

In any case..Bush cut taxes..and lowered interest rates to zero. That..and the deregulation brought about by the loss of Glass-Steagall created a plethora of predatory loan companies. That's a real bubble.

And I am surprised by the "Kids who don't belong there" crapola. Every American kid belongs in college.

why?

These are just musings..but lately there's been alot of frenzied activity from recruiters. And I just went to the office party of my old job and while talking to some of the guys there, many people who were looking for a year or more are getting snapped up.

What's going on?

Well aside from the economy getting better, the Bush tax cuts are set to expire. And there's not much evidence they did anything to help. Employers are sitting on tons and tons of liquidity and playing "shell games" to keep making money..without adding to the overall economy. Given the present anger in the public at large, I have a feeling that to quell some of this..there will be a hiring boom.

lets get back to the hiring boom.

please detail what you would consider a hiring boom, I am curious.

What's going on?

lets get back to the hiring boom.

please detail what you would consider a hiring boom, I am curious.

Maybe he's counting the made-up "job saved" numbers in his boom...

He is a democratic party-firster, so....

Forum List

Back