A good quote for the morons who believe people are "born gay"

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by -Cp, Oct 26, 2005.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
  2. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
  3. TheEnemyWithin

TheEnemyWithin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya know, Swoopes is sort of right...this is what I tell the fat lesbians who argue with me......

When they say, "You Christians are brainwashing gays with your bizarre dogma. People are born that way!", I say, "I think your stepdad on top of you when you were five was WAAAAY more bizarre than religious messages!"

Abuse, esp. sexual, abandonment, or other hardships when very young is what confuses some people's sexuality. If a girl is molested by a man when young, she'll probably go lesbian...Ellen DeGeneres!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I'm guessing you're speaking from experience right?

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

was that neccessary?

6. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i am a lesbian trapped in a man's body...oh yea...i was born this way...i mean no one would chose this life

7. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yeah, I think it's funny that all these people have such strong opinions and make such broadly-sweeping generalizations when most of the time they either don't know what it's like to be gay and/or they don't even know any gay or lesbian people. I like what the guy said about kids who are molested...that they'll probably turn out to be gay or lesbian. WTF does he know about being molested unless he was molested himself? Sounds like a lot of hot-air and crude conjecture to me.:rolleyes:

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    I think you've brought up a very good point and one that many in the gay community don't want to talk about....

I once knew a lady that was my son's flute teacher.... somehow this subject (i.e. homosexuality) came up once, she told me that her daughter once thought she was gay.... she got her therapy and eventually, out it comes, she was sexually abused by the woman's ex-husband....

Am I claiming that all lesbians and gays were abused? No, not necessarily, but a lot of them were and that is what may have caused them to become gay.

Also, many child molesters grow up to molest children. Gays are far more likely to molest children. Put the two facts together... do you see a pattern?

9. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
  10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Concerned Women for America? You use that collection of right-wing moon-bats as an authoritative source?

And, apparetnly being gay is not a reversible condition as two founders of Exodus International, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, fell in love and left the organization.

Do us all a favor, and offer documented evidence as to where any same-gender couple involved in a committed relationship have cause any objective, demonstrable harm to either themselves or the community at large due to the fact of their relationship. Links citing damage to their immortal souls will be disqualified.