A bit more of your merciful god.

Oh, you're saying that Daniel was written AFTER the time of Christ? That's quite fanciful. Remember, the prophecy points right at Christ being revealed when He was. I know it's an article of faith to you that he wasn't in Nebuchadnezzar's court, but you haven't dealt with the prophecy and why the Magi knew to come looking for the infant Christ.
Nope. Daniel was written about 164 BC.

OK, I'm joining now. Everyone shut up! :)

There is no God. There is only a interpretation of what "god" is. And that's a weapon of war.

Religion is meant as a means to get people to fight for their ruler, thinking that their afterlife depends on it....

You're not going to convince the bible thumpers, they're in an unfortunate state. They're gonna say stupid stuff, but don't let them get you. Do it like Jesus would. Be cool.
Good, you've joined. Please let the class know how telling everyone to shut up works for you. It's been my experience that when I teach a class, conversations get rowdy as atheists generally get very angry and start waving their arms and shouting, as if it makes a difference.

Good, you've joined. Please let the class know how telling everyone to shut up works for you. It's been my experience that when I teach a class, conversations get rowdy as atheists generally get very angry and start waving their arms and shouting, as if it makes a difference.
Yes, you're absolutely right. Because everything you say is a lie, that you learned because they were trying to get you to commit violence on their behalf. And you still fall for it.

Teach about the assassins, and why they are called that. They were fooled like you.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Because everything you say is a lie, that you learned because they were trying to get you to commit violence on their behalf. And you still fall for it.

Teach about the assassins, and why they are called that. They were fooled like you.
I have killed no one, nor have I been told to kill anyone. Take that mess somewhere else.

Okay, so, to recap, you're saying that Daniel was written over 150 years before the birth of Christ, but you can't explain or even want to deal with the prophecy written in it that told when Yeshua was revealed as Messiah. EVEN IF what you say is true (it's not), the prophecy is still in there and you still haven't dealt with it.

So, a young arab teenager would be drugged. And while asleep, he would be sent to a wonderful mountain paradise. He would be told that he is in "heaven" and given all the women and wine that he wanted. Then, he was told that he must kill someone, in order to return to this afterlife. So after a weekend in heaven, he was put back in poverty, with orders to kill someone, knowing that he will die in the process. They used to drug them with hashish. They were called hashishin. And now assassin.

The Assassins were the most feared groups throughout the Middle Ages. Because, they could kill anybody at any moment, if they were paid enough. They would kill all leaders of all religions. The drugged up kids didn't know, they were just trying to get laid again.

But to them, their religion was real! To us, we sadly shake our heads that they really thought that.

But isn't that the same for all religions?

I have killed no one, nor have I been told to kill anyone. Take that mess somewhere else ... conversations get rowdy as atheists generally get very angry and start waving their arms and shouting, as if it makes a difference.

crucifiers are obsessed with sociopathic tendencies as their hallucinations of infliction's against the innocent and like vampires require replenishment to ward off their madness. hadit.

a typical 4th century christian and their obsession to forever obstruct the true 1st century liberation theology, self determination the religion of antiquity to free ones spirit and truly live not in darkness but the light of day.

I do care about the likes of you forcing your lies down the throats of innocent children then once infected with the religion shit, taking full advantage of them fir their remaining lives.
Would you also say that no one should teach children any sport or give them any education until they are adults and can choose what they want to learn?

Parents teach their children. My uncle taught his child atheism, and when in elementary school, my nephew wrote about why atheism is best. The son's sentiments on atheism echoed his dad's. Should the dad never have said a word about atheism until his son was grown?

Before my atheist husband and I were married, he presented the idea of not exposing the children religion until they were full-grown. I responded that worked for me as long as they weren't exposed to football until they were full-grown. My husband decided there was room in their upbringing for both.

I take it you had a hard time growing up in a family of strong believers?

crucifiers are obsessed with sociopathic tendencies as their hallucinations of infliction's against the innocent and like vampires require replenishment to ward off their madness. hadit.

a typical 4th century christian and their obsession to forever obstruct the true 1st century liberation theology, self determination the religion of antiquity to free ones spirit and truly live not in darkness but the light of day.
You're making less sense than a lot of atheists, and that's saying a lot.

I don;t believe either way.

Like I said I'm not an atheist.

IMO there is not enough proof to state whether gods exist or not.

Until there is I'll rely on logic and use Occam's Razor.

Logic itself is evidence for God. The abstract laws of logic are not man-made. They are objective, universal truths. I always chuckle when atheists bring up logic, because the atheist/materialist worldview cannot even account for logic. That puts them in a bind, they either have to deny logic itself (which is self-defeating, one must use logic in order to try to deny it) or they have to try to explain it in a way that fits with their worldview, which is impossible.

No, just the Santa Claus stuff. Historical things may have happened. The religious things are just make-believe.
IOW, you want to pick and choose what happened and what did not. Daniel DID prophesy when Messiah would be revealed, and it came right down to Palm Sunday, so not sure what you think didn't happen.

Forum List

Back